test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dabo Weekend or "A fool and his EC is soon parted."

rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
The idea is pretty simple. Dabo wager limits are raised. Worthwhile items are added to the GPL stores during the event.

If you are willing to put Omega Upgrades behind a minigame why not do the same for dabo.

So what do you think? Any items you think should be there? I feel iffy about putting spec points there would if Cryptic did I know the tables would be packed with players.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Lobi. It makes sense. One Ferengi based currency able to be traded for another.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They have the club outfit and new dance emotes in the GPL vendor so what about Worf's hair and outfit from the long gone promo and some of the other locked emotes like the Jester Dance?

Though that gets the whole exclusivity argument to come up again. Sigh.

Some new ship holograms and personal holograms based on the newer NPC factions would be fun

the photonic tribble.

dil mine, spire, and embassy provisions for fleet projects so we don't have to spend fleet credits on them.

regular commodities for the same reason

higher tier emergency holograms like the ones that unlock for engineering and medical doff ranks, but in all the varieties we got for free from the revamped crafting system. So we can have holographic crew that don't suck like those free white ones.

a "turn off all exp for four hours" buff item for people who want to take it slow and enjoy the lower tier ships for longer.

epohh kebabs with comparable buffs to tribble kebabs

"troll-b-gone" a snowball/waterballoon that when thrown at another player, puts them on your ignore list and gives them a buff of +2,000,000 stealth only good vs you that persists through dealth and lasts for 20 hours. can't see 'em, can't hear 'em, can't interract with 'em.

improved anti-dance ball that is preventative not reactive. And permanent.

"full cup of raktajino" uses the same emote as regular drinks, but looped so that it doesn't stop until you want it to rather than taking one sip and nothing ever again unless you consume a second food item.

"large sandwich" same as above but with a food item not a drink item.

For both of these, I want to emphasize, no new emote, just existing ones looped to minimize dev time required.
    edited June 2015

To amend to my answer: If they want, they can make the ferengi Lobi outfits purchasable with Latinum during the event. (If they don't want players to be able to get the Lobi ships like this.)
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The idea is pretty simple. Dabo wager limits are raised. Worthwhile items are added to the GPL stores during the event.

If you are willing to put Omega Upgrades behind a minigame why not do the same for dabo.

So what do you think? Any items you think should be there? I feel iffy about putting spec points there would if Cryptic did I know the tables would be packed with players.

that would be awesome, I`ve got about 1million GPL on each of my 3 main characters and would love to have something half useful to spend it on.

even these emotes would be good.

airguitar
    bloodwine
    bow
    dance_jester
    frustrated
    khaan
    shaka
    shoo
    pick_me

another thing I heard about is for players to buy what is called a money bomb--a grenade type weapon which when dropped explodes into a collection of coins and loot that cannot be picked up by the player, yet can be grabbed by anyone else. The game mechanic encourages people to drop money bombs in public areas, creating happy loot parties, where people would go to the market to buy more money bombs to keep the player party going.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All good ideas. Maybe use this "Dabo Event" to bring up some past items. If that was to be the case I think the dabo event would need to be rarer. Maybe once a year.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I agree with this, and also adding more Event items to the Lobi store.

And I'm afraid the people using the "exclusivity" or "limited time" arguments, have about as much validity as most internet popup ads.

Cryptic have consistently and recurringly back tracked on so called "exclusive" and or "limited time" items in the past, and many players have used this feature (probably including many of the ones championing it)

Perfect examples of this are the Bug Ship, the Sheshar, the Oddy, the Obelisk, the Lobi DSD ... Oh wait, so in other words, nothing is really sacred?

So why not just allow for newer players, or players who, for whatever reason, weren't able to play through these events to get these items?

Putting those items in the Lobi store guarantees Cryptic more income, because aside from the extremely rare Lobi events, the only way to obtain Lobi is from opening Lockboxes. And it has the added benefit of assuaging many players who feel left out from being denied forever, access to those items.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • daboholicdaboholic Member Posts: 265 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    More incentives to play Dabo?

Gets my vote :D
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I just thought of something. There is needs to be more ways to get GPL for this event to work. Maybe a flat out bonus to all GPL gained during the event or maybe some new minigames.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Gah, it was such a pain farming the 250k GPL I needed to get the club outfits. And that was even during the Delta GPL bonus week. :(

that would be awesome, I`ve got about 1million GPL on each of my 3 main characters

...how the heck did you manage that?!?! I'd never had more than ~20k on a character (always spending it on Trade missions & Breen patrols) until I went to get the clubwear.
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    /agreed
    I just thought of something. There is needs to be more ways to get GPL for this event to work. Maybe a flat out bonus to all GPL gained during the event or maybe some new minigames.

This could also work as "Money sink", with no (or a significantly higher) limit during thet event.
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They should just let us exchange EC to GPL directly, dabo is stupid. You can "play" it just blindly clicking your mouse button every few seconds.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that Lobi only comes out of Lock boxes.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    edited June 2015
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that Lobi only comes out of Lock boxes.

That is correct. However, since I'm sure that the devs wouldn't want players to be able to get the Lobi ships this way, i changed my answer to just some of the Lobi costumes (particularly the Ferengi ones).