test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Havelock's Tailor and Costume Issues

Comments

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Cryptic: You guys REALLY need to take a look at the uniforms. More and more clothing items are lo-res and with very fuzzy details. For example:

Klingon Boots 01 thru 04 are lo-res
    Klingon Academy Boots are lo-res
    Intel Lower are lo-res

Edit: As seen on a KDF Klingon captain.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Cryptic: You guys REALLY need to take a look at the uniforms. More and more clothing items are lo-res and with very fuzzy details. For example:

Intel Lower are lo-res

Specifically regarding the KDF Boots you mention, there's a KDF Revamp underway already, which includes their boots:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1445201

Regarding the Intel Boots, I don't recall mine being low-res (I'll try to remember to check mine). I'm not saying you're not having a problem, only that perhaps it's limited to just some models. Please post your character details (as recommended in the OP).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015

Intel Lower are lo-res

I've noticed since the patch last week (possibly the week before) something strange happened to a lot of uniform pieces and they suddenly started looking really low res even though they looked fine before.

I was able to improve their appearance by increasing "character texture detail" to 200% then clicking apply. Which is strange for two reasons; 1, the tooltip states that setting affects what distance character textures are rendered at full res and anything above 100% "are generally not useful"... 2, it says it updates as you adjust it but it only actually made a difference to the low res look of uniforms when clicking apply.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
    edited May 2015
    There's more. It's spread even more on the Fed Side now. For example, Odyssey Dress Uniform upper. Emphasis on the upper sleeves. Very ghastly. Before this patch, this was working just fine. I've been sending bug reports as I've found them but I'm giving up. Too many items becoming lo-res.

http://imgur.com/C4iZDFS

They really, really need to sweep through their uniforms and find what's jacked up.
    Specifically regarding the KDF Boots you mention, there's a KDF Revamp underway already, which includes their boots:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1445201

Regarding the Intel Boots, I don't recall mine being low-res (I'll try to remember to check mine). I'm not saying you're not having a problem, only that perhaps it's limited to just some models. Please post your character details (as recommended in the OP).

The Intel Boots are fine. It's the Intel Lowers that look horribly lo-res.
    XzRTofz.gif
    edited May 2015
    There's more. It's spread even more on the Fed Side now. For example, Odyssey Dress Uniform upper. Emphasis on the upper sleeves. Very ghastly. Before this patch, this was working just fine. I've been sending bug reports as I've found them but I'm giving up. Too many items becoming lo-res.

http://imgur.com/C4iZDFS

They really, really need to sweep through their uniforms and find what's jacked up.

The Intel Boots are fine. It's the Intel Lowers that look horribly lo-res.

Try what I suggested in my post. The uniforms looked the same for me as they do in your screenshot until I did that. Now they look normal again.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Since the Odyssey Excursion Pants were moved from Tight to Knee High, it seems many belt options are no longer available, including the Odyssey Excursion Belt and some Armor Belts. This appears to be Captains and BOFFs. Also, there's now some bad clipping (at least on males) on the back of the calves even when wearing the Odyssey Excursion Boots.

Basil@BaddMoonRizin FED LibBorg Male
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    edited May 2015
    Try what I suggested in my post. The uniforms looked the same for me as they do in your screenshot until I did that. Now they look normal again.

Better, thank you.
    Since the Odyssey Excursion Pants were moved from Tight to Knee High, it seems many belt options are no longer available, including the Odyssey Excursion Belt and some Armor Belts. This appears to be Captains and BOFFs. Also, there's now some bad clipping (at least on males) on the back of the calves even when wearing the Odyssey Excursion Boots.

Basil@BaddMoonRizin FED LibBorg Male

I have that uniform also for my Vulcan Female. Yes, Odyssey Excursion Lower got moved to Knee High. However, I still have the Odyssey Excursion Belt option as well as the pant side pocket option.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • hylanvahrhylanvahr Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ticket ID #3,480,036

Character: Sheva@Hylanvahr

Ever since I unlocked the Iconian Resistance Armor costume and applied it to my bridge crew, I've encountered an issue where on the Character Select menu after I log in, I see three copies of my female Android tactical bridge officer, Technis, in place of my other BOFFs on my away team. I tried switching her out with other BOFFs, and the cloning happens again, and only with my tactical BOFFs. This also has the side effect of duplicating said BOFF in cutscenes that show my away team such as on Kobali Prime. This issue does not occur on my other characters that lack the I.R. costume. It does not otherwise affect gameplay at all as far as I can tell since the proper away team BOFFs appear and act as normal when not in cutscenes.

Image of issue: http://i58.tinypic.com/2r2auzb.jpg
  • futurepastnowfuturepastnow Member Posts: 3,660 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've mentioned this before, but now that callevista is working on Klingon costumes a bit, I'll bring it up again- the Ferengi Lobi jackets (such as the Merchant and Entrepreneur Open Jackets) don't work on KDF characters.
  • sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No matter the outfit chosen I can’t seem to get rid of some accessories. Attached are two pictures. The first from the tailor where you can see “None” is chosen for Chest Gear and Wrist Attachments. However, in the second picture, outside of the Tailor shop the toon has on what appears to be the ‘Kit – Sci Scientist 3” and some other wrist accessories I can’t identify.

I’ve tried changing uniforms, starting from scratch and modifying everything, but every time I exit the Tailor the unwanted Chest and Wrist gear remain. As we all do I have several costume slots and this problem is only with two of them. With one toon, IIRC, I chose the sci chest gear to see what it would look like, didn’t like it but couldn’t remove it. So I tried it again on another costume slot to see if I could replicate the problem and viola. It seems, at least for me, once chosen the sci chest and wrist gear cannot be removed.

This is a Captain, Romulan, Fed aligned Aalala@sonulinu

http://i.imgur.com/NioijWm.jpgg
    http://i.imgur.com/FXlHoiA.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/LR4YhQz.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/atSDpDQ.jpg

Is there anything that can be done to fix this matter?
  • firebringeraxel1firebringeraxel1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sonulinu2 wrote: »
    Is there anything that can be done to fix this matter?

Are you still using one of the old kits? The visuals on those can probably still be turned on/off.
    qPgM6AP.png?1
    I am a Storyteller
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Are you still using one of the old kits? The visuals on those can probably still be turned on/off.
    For extra hilarity you can make a costume with kit parts, then equip a kit with visuals. TWO sets of kit parts! AH AH AH AH!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ah Ah Ah Ah!

[disco]Stayin' Alive! Stayin' Alive![/disco]
    I need a beer.

• bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wanted to bring to attention some rather bad (and potentially painful) Clipping issues with Klingon Sash's. I have only tested this on my Female Pureblood Klingon toon and on a Female Liberated Borg Klingon toon.

Several of the Sash's have major clipping and geometry/glitches, when used with the "Bare Chest" torso pieces.

With "Bust slider set to ~ 60% and "Chest Depth" slider set to ~50%

Klingon Sash - T02 sits correctly with little or no geometry/twisting and no clipping. But all others show major or minor clipping of some sort
    Puppie%20-%20Ouch_zpsgtzzyvw7.jpg

For comparison:

"Bust" slider to 0% and the clipping lessens on some Sash's, but cause severe twisting and malformation on certain sashes.
    Puppie%20slider%200%20percent_zpsrymg5hm9.jpg

"Bust" slider set at 100% clipping becomes severe
    puppie%20slider%20100%20percent_zpsb7ldf1nr.jpg
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • sonulinu2sonulinu2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015

TYVM, that's exactly what my problem was. Have now disabled visuals. :)
  • hylanvahrhylanvahr Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hylanvahr wrote: »
    ticket ID #3,480,036

Ever since I unlocked the Iconian Resistance Armor costume and applied it to my bridge crew, I've encountered an issue where on the Character Select menu after I log in, I see three copies of my female Android tactical bridge officer, Technis, in place of my other BOFFs on my away team. I tried switching her out with other BOFFs, and the cloning happens again, and only with my tactical BOFFs. This also has the side effect of duplicating said BOFF in cutscenes that show my away team such as on Kobali Prime. This issue does not occur on my other characters that lack the I.R. costume. It does not otherwise affect gameplay at all as far as I can tell since the proper away team BOFFs appear and act as normal when not in cutscenes.

I think I've tracked the issue down, and I think it's an old tailor bug related to special set costumes (MACO, Omega, CC, etc.). It's a bug that forces your bridge officers' costume category to instantly reset to Uniform when you go to edit them when they were previously set to the special costume category, in this case Iconian Resistance Suit.

The "fix" I discovered was to "purchase" your BOFF's outfit when it is set to Uniform, then go back, re-edit, manually set to I.R. Suit category, create (or paste in saved) suit to your liking, and purchase. This should prevent the cloning issue on character select and cutscenes until you try to edit their suit again (which then causes the bug again, and you have to repeat the above).

Hope this is helpful to anyone running into this annoying little problem. Glitches like this just adds unnecessary embarrassment to the otherwise excellent tailor system. It's not a game-breaking problem, but Cryptic has resolved this before with other sets. I hope they can do it again for this great combat suit.
    edited June 2015
    hylanvahr wrote: »
    ticket ID #3,480,036

My guess would be that you saved and loaded the outfit? If so then in the tailor I'm guessing they all have the same name under them now. I remember there was a bug where if you did that then that happened. I had the same issue with my Reman officer taking over all of my crew on the login screen. Go into the tailor and rename the boffs costumes and it should sort it.
  • firebringeraxel1firebringeraxel1 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sonulinu2 wrote: »
    TYVM, that's exactly what my problem was. Have now disabled visuals. :)

You are most welcome.
    qPgM6AP.png?1
    I am a Storyteller
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I would appreciate it if someone would fix the holes in my shirt.

Holodeck ticket #3,484,946: Risian Explorer shirt clips with the upper arms and armpits

Also see the following unrelated bug report:

Holodeck ticket #3,472,541: B'Ellera's upper armor changes in the tailor
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Purchased a swimwear aloha shirt (blue), which works fine, but its preview image shows chest hair, and that is not available anywhere in the tailor.

Not in Beachwear, both sets, not in Off-Duty either, and not in other tabs in the costume creator. Where's it?

My character is a human male.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The preview showed a male Andorian. Maybe only some races?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The preview showed a male Andorian. Maybe only some races?

When you right-click the box, it shows a preview image, akin to other costume boxes. The one there looks like a human.

The news article also showed Tom Selleck, who is a human as far as I know. :P

EDIT: some other issues I've found with the swimwear costume changes:

- can't change the pattern on the male full bodysuit. I remember being able to, but I might be mistaken.

- others have reported the inability to use the flower accents with the new Beachwear categories.

As a sidebar, thank you very much for the tank top (here's an image of it). It looks great. However, I wonder if it was supposed to be released. It wasn't mentioned anywhere. The costume piece is named "Standard Gray Tank Top", and, as the name says, it only comes in one color. Any chance to remove the gray part from it so we can choose other colors?
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• callevistacallevista Member Posts: 237 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2015
    tk79 wrote: »
    Purchased a swimwear aloha shirt (blue), which works fine, but its preview image shows chest hair, and that is not available anywhere in the tailor.

Not in Beachwear, both sets, not in Off-Duty either, and not in other tabs in the costume creator. Where's it?

My character is a human male.

Thanks for letting us know - we are working on a few issues and this is one of them.
    edited June 2015
    I've mentioned this before, but now that callevista is working on Klingon costumes a bit, I'll bring it up again- the Ferengi Lobi jackets (such as the Merchant and Entrepreneur Open Jackets) don't work on KDF characters.

What race is the character that you are trying to apply these jackets to?
    edited June 2015
    bendalek wrote: »
    Wanted to bring to attention some rather bad (and potentially painful) Clipping issues with Klingon Sash's. I have only tested this on my Female Pureblood Klingon toon and on a Female Liberated Borg Klingon toon.

Several of the Sash's have major clipping and geometry/glitches, when used with the "Bare Chest" torso pieces.

With "Bust slider set to ~ 60% and "Chest Depth" slider set to ~50%

Klingon Sash - T02 sits correctly with little or no geometry/twisting and no clipping. But all others show major or minor clipping of some sort
    Puppie%20-%20Ouch_zpsgtzzyvw7.jpg

For comparison:

"Bust" slider to 0% and the clipping lessens on some Sash's, but cause severe twisting and malformation on certain sashes.
    Puppie%20slider%200%20percent_zpsrymg5hm9.jpg

"Bust" slider set at 100% clipping becomes severe
    puppie%20slider%20100%20percent_zpsb7ldf1nr.jpg

Yes, we've taken this into account. Further revisions/revamp of the Klingons is to continue in the near future. Thank you for the post!
    edited June 2015

Intel Lower are lo-res

Edit: As seen on a KDF Klingon captain.

This is an issue we are looking closely at.
  • canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Not entirely sure this is the place to post, but it's the only one I can think of...

When wearing Club Wear the floaters are not appearing when activated.
  • xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm very disappointed :(

Aloha Shirts is supposed to be Off-duty Outfit, but is listed only as Beachwear Separates (Swimwear)...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=24168511
    edited June 2015
    Some of the Uppers for beachwear were not ready to be used for Off Duty. But, we are on track to release it for Offduty soon. (There are some things that had to be changed to have them viable for Offduty). Suffice to say, we are testing it now, and will send it out as soon as it clears.

Also, there are some bugs with the Floaters that aren't appearing, these will also be fixed.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    canis36 wrote: »
    Not entirely sure this is the place to post, but it's the only one I can think of...

When wearing Club Wear the floaters are not appearing when activated.

I'm having the same issue with my swimwear set.