test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Account wide unlock unavailable to Delta Recruits?

seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
Ok, I hope I have this wrong, because I have a big problem with the added feature to claim unlocked event ships.

To re-claim a ship I have previously earned, I go under the Events category in the Reputation and re-claim them from the store. Works great on all my characters except one.. the only one that needs it.. my Delta Recruit.

When I go under Events in Reputation with my DR, the Store icon is greyed out. The only thing I need this feature for is to claim a Samsar and a Chel Grett on my DR, but he's the only one that can't use this feature. The description clearly says it's an account unlock, so he should have access.

What's the deal? Anyone else have this issue?

The characters that actually did the events can claim the ships, isn't my DR supposed to be able to claim it as well? I would think that's implied by 'Account Wide Unlock.' :mad:
Insert witty signature line here.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It's probably tied to having the event store unlocked.

Just like how you can't purchase stuff from the winter event store, even if you have all the currencies, if you haven't run the 1 token turn in mission.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ok, I hope I have this wrong, because I have a big problem with the added feature to claim unlocked event ships.

To re-claim a ship I have previously earned, I go under the Events category in the Reputation and re-claim them from the store. Works great on all my characters except one.. the only one that needs it.. my Delta Recruit.

When I go under Events in Reputation with my DR, the Store icon is greyed out. The only thing I need this feature for is to claim a Samsar and a Chel Grett on my DR, but he's the only one that can't use this feature. The description clearly says it's an account unlock, so he should have access.

What's the deal? Anyone else have this issue?

The characters that actually did the events can claim the ships, isn't my DR supposed to be able to claim it as well? I would think that's implied by 'Account Wide Unlock.' :mad:

Have you visited Risa? Once you beam down you get a popup for the events and 1 free rise event thingy needed to open the event shop.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • cuddlybear2cuddlybear2 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You need to unlock event store/npc its first project avalible under reputation-> event it is compleated with 1 favour you get from coordinator/flying high npc
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    You need to unlock event store/npc its first project avalible under reputation-> event it is compleated with 1 favour you get from coordinator/flying high npc

I can confirm this, wasn't able to claim my account ships until I unlocked the summer event store first.

Probably just an oversight, I'd bet on it getting fixed within a couple of weeks, assuming someone sends a few bug reports...:confused:
  • captainkroncaptainkron Member Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What these guys said. ^^^ I just ran my DR's to Risa to unlock the store. Then I pulled down all ships that are unlocked, which is all but the new one. So now I have to pony up for more ship slots or not :( Dam my need to collect ships on every toon. At least they are having a services sale... imagine that. LOL
    CibJ7qu.jpg?1
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    Have you visited Risa? Once you beam down you get a popup for the events and 1 free rise event thingy needed to open the event shop.

You're both right, that did the trick, thank you!

I had a feeling it was something I wasn't catching, I just couldn't figure out what.

If anyone else has this issue, just beam down to Risa, talk to the Event Coordinator to get the Favor and complete the project, that opens the store.

Thank you guys for the help, I appreciate it. :cool:
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    orion0029 wrote: »
    I can confirm this, wasn't able to claim my account ships until I unlocked the summer event store first.

Probably just an oversight, I'd bet on it getting fixed within a couple of weeks, assuming someone sends a few bug reports...:confused:

I don't think it is an oversight. I think that is specifically why you get 1 favor.
  • dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Good heads up there guys.

This works on one of my delta whelps, unfortunately I can't seem to actually submit the favour on my second one, open the rep tab slot the project push across the slide bar and nothing happens.

Tried removing the project and reslotting to no avail.:confused:
    8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So how will toons (Delta Recruits and normal) that don't participate in the summer event or Toons created after the event, get the Ships?
    edited June 2015
    So how will toons (Delta Recruits and normal) that don't participate in the summer event or Toons created after the event, get the Ships?

They don't.

Edit: This may sound harsh but going to risa and opening the event shop takes less than 5 minutes. If a player is too lazy to do that on a character then he/she should not have access to those past ships.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They don't.

Edit: This may sound harsh but going to risa and opening the event shop takes less than 5 minutes. If a player is too lazy to do that on a character then he/she should not have access to those past ships.

Wrong, it's a bug, the store for reclaiming the ships have to be open as long as this game last.. so new chars can get the ships, they are, after all, account unlocked, if not, that feature is useless

Its not a problem of lazy, but you may have some new character slots, and create new ones after the Risa event is over... how do you reclaim the ships?, you cant?, make no sense, must be a bug, in tribble is unlocked by default so Holodeck is bugged, pretty sure they will fix it soon.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    edited June 2015
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Wrong, it's a bug, the store for reclaiming the ships have to be open as long as this game last.. so new chars can get the ships, they are, after all, account unlocked, if not, that feature is useless

Its not a problem of lazy, but you may have some new character slots, and create new ones after the Risa event is over... how do you reclaim the ships?, you cant?, make no sense, must be a bug, in tribble is unlocked by default so Holodeck is bugged, pretty sure they will fix it soon.

It's a feature, not a bug. One which has been in place since the reputation and events introduction.
    The event store is only unlocked after participating in an event which honestly makes sense.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    gaevsman wrote: »

My thinking is the toon in question will have to wait for the following summer/winter, then unlock the store normally.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My thinking is the toon in question will have to wait for the following summer/winter, then unlock the store normally.

That makes no sense, then it would be event locked not "account unlocked", as I said, it is available on tribble and is open to any char, even delta, so must be a bug, you know that things get borked from time to time in holodeck.. :)
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited June 2015

phew! nearly missed that one. thanks for the tip, good job.

all deltas are now able to claim account unlocked event ships. :)

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2015

If that were the case, opening the reclaim tab during Summer Event would only give access to the Summer ships. It's much more likely that it's just a case of them accidentally/lazily sticking the reclaim store under the same flag as the Summer event store. Especially since the reclaim includes things like the Kobali cruiser and the Dyson science ship.
  • dd1mdd1m Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    There definitely is a bug as I'm unable to unlock the event store on one of my Deltas at all, despite going to risa and claiming the favour it won't let me unlock the store which is a pain.

Worked just fine on my other one
    8ebd135a27dd1eb31f8ce7dff0bfba3a1f1467ac_full.jpg
  • bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    edited June 2015

actually that only applies when the event is running so if OP was trying that before today nothing happen but now that the summer event is running he can do that to unlock the store.
  • thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited June 2015

^^I'd like to know that as well.

I was so reliefed when I saw you can claim old and new ships later in rep store, .. It means I don't have to insta make toons I haven't done yet. But how do I access it after this summer event? Would any event unlock the store or is it already unlocked?
    edited June 2015
    It's a feature, not a bug. One which has been in place since the reputation and events introduction.
    The event store is only unlocked after participating in an event which honestly makes sense.

it may well be a feature but its one that needs changing, the OP is correct, if these ships are account unlocks and players create characters between events they should not have to wait for the next event to unlock the store.

edited June 2015
    it may well be a feature but its one that needs changing, the OP is correct, if these ships are account unlocks and players create characters between events they should not have to wait for the next event to unlock the store.

Let's agree to disagree. I'll stick with the common sense of the current situation and you stick with whatever it is you're coming from. The entitlement is in my opinion a bit silly especially since the various events practically arrive within weeks or even days from each other.
    edited June 2015
    Let's agree to disagree. I'll stick with the common sense of the current situation and you stick with whatever it is you're coming from. The entitlement is in my opinion a bit silly especially since the various events practically arrive within weeks or even days from each other.

the unlocking can only be done during the summer winter and anniversary events, I would hardly class that as weeks or even days, in fact after July 17th new characters created after that will need to wait till December to unlock access, that's around 5 months by my reckoning.
    Use some common sense. Unlocking the store between events wasn't necessary before this event started. After this event ends it'll remain open just like how the temporal agent remained after the DR event ended despite the fearmongers claiming it would not.

it will remain open for characters who have it unlocked but use some common sense, there will be new characters created after the event is over and they will have no way of unlocking it until the next event comes around.

the only reason unlocking the store between events wasn't necessary before this is there was no reason to, now they have put ships on there that newer characters will not be able to access until the store is unlocked by them theres plenty of reason to remove this feature.

this is not like the temporal officer in any way shape or form, the temporal officer is not unlocked by visiting the summer or winter event while the events are live collecting the first token and running a reputation project using said token to unlock access.

the temporal officer is there perminantly and does not require unlocking by new characters like the store does.

• alexvio1alexvio1 Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Use some common sense. Unlocking the store between events wasn't necessary before this event started.

Wasn't necessary? I cannot buy frosted boots for my DR toons. And you call this "wasn't necessary"?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2015

I have to agree, it's definitely not a 'feature' and it's something they should look into changing.

I understand why the Event Store was locked for my Recruit, he never took part in an 'Event' (except of course for the Delta Recruit Event) so he didn't have access to the event store. But as others pointed out, this creates problems for newly created characters going forward.

If I create a character after the Summer Event ends, I now can't give him any of my Event Ships unless I wait for the Winter Event. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be like that, it just seems like an oversight to me. For the sake of simplicity, the Event Store should be unlocked by default. If you have not completed any events or achieved any unlocks, then the store inventory should simply be empty.
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have to agree, it's definitely not a 'feature' and it's something they should look into changing.

I understand why the Event Store was locked for my Recruit, he never took part in an 'Event' (except of course for the Delta Recruit Event) so he didn't have access to the event store. But as others pointed out, this creates problems for newly created characters going forward.

If I create a character after the Summer Event ends, I now can't give him any of my Event Ships unless I wait for the Winter Event. I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to be like that, it just seems like an oversight to me. For the sake of simplicity, the Event Store should be unlocked by default. If you have not completed any events or achieved any unlocks, then the store inventory should simply be empty.

^this....if they're going to make the ships account-wide it makes no sense to make a new toon wait for a seasonal event to access them
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,361 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Pre-existing players that participated in the event making New Characters that will be locked out although their other characters will have access.

If it's the second then that is an issue that needs to be addressed.
    This is indeed the issue being discussed. Right now, I have four character slots on my main account; only one of those will never be deleted, because that's the one I've crafted carefully to look as much like me as the game allows. (He can't be overweight, and the salt-and-pepper-starting-to-weigh-heavily-toward-pepper hair doesn't quite work so I just went with a dark grey. Oh, and no glasses. Other than that, pretty close.) Should I one day tire of t'Shael or Ch'rowl, delete them, and start new toons, those toons will not have access to the Event ships until they're able to get into an Event and unlock the store.

This is a problem. Not, in my opinion, a huge problem, but a pretty easily solved one, I would think.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited June 2015
    Even if it works that way, so what.

New players that start after the event can't earn lohlunat prize vouchers or Qmendations after the event. And they aren't sold on the Lobi store when the event isn't running.

So they can't unlock the ships until the next time the event runs.

Wait, are we talking about the same thing?

Request clarification.

New Players that missed the event making New Characters and not having access to the store, or...

Pre-existing players that participated in the event making New Characters that will be locked out although their other characters will have access.

If it's the second then that is an issue that needs to be addressed.

that's all very well for new players but I am not a new player and I have access to all of the event ships with my current 6 characters but after the summer event is over if I create any new characters in my many free character slots they will not be able to access these ships until they run the winter event and it should not be this way, they should be able to claim these ships and use them as soon as they reach a level to do so which by my reckoning is about a week after I create them.

• timelord79timelord79 Member Posts: 1,852 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    All that is needed is an Event Information NPC at each hub that gives a mission to learn about events in general that rewards a generic token to unlock the store.
    11750640_1051211588222593_450219911807924697_n.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,361 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Incidentally, went in on a couple of my alts to unlock the store. It was interesting to see that that Kobali Samsar cruiser is included in Event ships, but the Odyssey prototype my main flies (awarded from an anniversary event, as I recall) isn't. Not a big deal, it's only T5, but interesting.

(My main sticks with it mostly for aesthetic reasons. I like the look of USS Hans Asperger.)
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
    edited June 2015
    timelord79 wrote: »
    All that is needed is an Event Information NPC at each hub that gives a mission to learn about events in general that rewards a generic token to unlock the store.

either that or just make it so the store is unlocked by default as soon as you reach the level to use the ships.