test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summer Event Now Live!

Comments

• thestingyonethestingyone Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    they have got to be kidding me.. 3 hours in and patch at 14%???????????? are they for real? heres to the 586th evening gone.. JESUS :eek::eek::eek:
  • sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    thx for the timers, i mean for the missions (race, horgahn hunt etc) :)

btw, what is the purpose of the camp in the north (orange tents)?

btw 2: no problem with the patch, patched in 1 minutes. if you have troubles to patch the game, check your connection.
  • rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    At point one megabit every 2 seconds, I probably won't get to play before I get ready for work in 2 hours.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    And...as expected Risa doesn't work (and the issue is coming up in Zone chat too).

Thanks cryptic!
    they have got to be kidding me.. 3 hours in and patch at 14%???????????? are they for real? heres to the 586th evening gone.. JESUS :eek::eek::eek:

Go for on-demand patching.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    btw 2: no problem with the patch, patched in 1 minutes. if you have troubles to patch the game, check your connection.

btw to yourself my connection is fine. btw its not always player problem. btw to yourself its not always server side either, but in this case it was mentioned that xbox players are downloading elsewhere on the server, so that screwed the rest of us. so you could ofjust gotten luckier then others like myself.

on the contrary before you think im just being negative, rotten apples and such. then you should look back on the thread for clues first.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • namikazepwnamikazepw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Thanks for the advice! I'm sure the hundreds of people who are having this problem have never known to check their connection to things first. Damn, you must be an IT god or something.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Patched 761.9MB / 3319MB
    Received 355.3MB - 22%

I think I need a new internet :(
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • xlesha911xlesha911 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nice start of the Summer Event...

Patching 50% for 4.5 hours :mad:
  • namikazepwnamikazepw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I just had a weird burst of data come through - went from 1% to 66% in about a minute. Then it just dropped off again. This is weird.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Well, at 70% now after an hour (I have a 25Mbps connection from Comcast like the other guy and like close to the damn servers). Maybe by the time I come back from picking up my daughter it will be at 100%
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    any updates trendy?

wait wut.. suddenly the download has stopped and is rechecking the current version and is downloading again.
    They're investigating.
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    yocase009 wrote: »
    On a different note:

My wife and little boy are leaving to go home and spend time with family from Sunday through Thursday this coming week; so I'll be bach'n it. Any food suggestions whilst I toil away the long hours on Risa?

Go to Youtube and search for "Epic Meal Time".
    They'll come back and find you dead from diabetes and/or cholesterol poisoning but the undertaker won't be able to get the smile of satisfaction off your face
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • lokienthorlokienthor Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I was at 15% and it said, lost connection to server..restarting connection to patch server...now it restart and back to 0%..:confused:
  • jstrikelandejstrikelande Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lokienthor wrote: »
    I was at 15% and it said, lost connection to server..restarting connection to patch server...now it restart and back to 0%..:confused:

Same thing just happened to me and now the patching seems to be slower than the 1 percent every 15 minutes as before.
  • khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    You could try closing the launcher and reopening it. Sometimes when things get slowed down with the launcher they never speed back up. Closing and relaunching can quite often get it to download the rest of the patch faster.

Edit: To clarify, closing the launcher does not remove any progress you've already made. It resets to 0% but you'll notice the size of the patch is also reduced because it's already partly completed.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    10 mins in and a bit laggy but that's usual after such patches. Fingers crossed, best of luck everyone!
  • cjseven01cjseven01 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    the patch is going so slow :rolleyes:
  • snakeswar2snakeswar2 Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    each full hour of slow patching = a full day extention of the event might be a good idea to keep in mind but this not come to fruition at all or be uber slow like the patcher
  • philfixitphilfixit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    well my down load has been going for and hour. I have 155m down load speed. and right now its down loading at a snails pace, I do mean snails pace.

Why is this one so slloooooowwwwwwwww. when the normal ones are pretty quick.

Someboddy killed the hampster .with this one.NEW hampster please.

Lord MOnty
    edited June 2015
    You could try closing the launcher and reopening it. Sometimes when things get slowed down with the launcher they never speed back up. Closing and relaunching can quite often get it to download the rest of the patch faster.

Edit: To clarify, closing the launcher does not remove any progress you've already made. It resets to 0% but you'll notice the size of the patch is also reduced because it's already partly completed.

Did that and, it was still super slow and after I restarted launcher it did it is when the download stopped and restarted back at zero :/
    edited June 2015
    Alright. So I pushed in a fix on this one.

Anyone who closes the launcher and restarts patching will have the issue fixed.

Note that patching will APPEAR to start over, but it really is continuing from where it left off.
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    lokienthor wrote: »
    Did that and, it was still super slow and after I restarted launcher it did it is when the download stopped and restarted back at zero :/

Wow, you quoted it, but didn't read it. It always starts at zero, but you didn't lose any progress, the overall size will be smaller.
    edited June 2015
    Thanks Trendy for being on top of things...closing the launcher and restarting it again seemed to do the job..big thumbs up :D
  • walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well good news is I can get in the game. Bad news is I can't get into Risa. Every time I try "Server Not Responding". :(
    sstosig2.png
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Note that patching will APPEAR to start over, but it really is continuing from where it left off.

previous poster mentioned shutting it down and starting up again, so ahead you on that, as i read your quote, the connection is better. 50mb in 2 minutes. more like where it should be.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, we jiggled the handle! (It was much more complicated than that with us turning stuff on after we investigated)
    edited June 2015
    walligig wrote: »
    Well good news is I can get in the game. Bad news is I can't get into Risa. Every time I try "Server Not Responding". :(

Oh noes..I parked my chars there before I logged for the night..hopefully it didn't develope some sort of wormhole :P
  • sto4me2sto4me2 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    indeed, restarting the launcher helped. still not very fast but still about 500% faster :cool:
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Any chance of extending the event in light of the fact that for some (see. tech support forum, zone chat) the resort map is an unplayable state? We've been through this sort of thing before with downtime and it would seem rather twisted not to extend the same accommodation here.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Certainly seems to have made a difference. Thank you for that!

(Patch currently at 32%. Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell only at 25%. Patch is likely to win at this rate.)
    8b6YIel.png?1