test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kobali Prime - Last Stand is lousy storyline mission

sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
The Last Stand is the last mini-mission in the Kobali Prime ground story arc. Many of the missions involve multiple mobs and are challenging, but fun. This mission is challenging and frustrating because it is designed for group play. A player will clear one area and move onto the next only to have a new mob generate at the previous point in a matter of seconds(5-10 sec). The majority of the mission is spent just trying to survive multiple mobs being constantly regenerated all over the map. The mission is fine for the group play, but is a "sucking chest wound" of a mess for a single player with two daff Boffs. An easy solution is to disconnect the storyline mission from the repeating group mission; have the mobs regen less prolific and to stop once the mission objective is achieved by the player. A waste of resources and frustration due to over mobbing is neither fun or creative. :rolleyes:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    maressanmaressan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You're telling me... I've been trying to complete "Hidden Assault" for over an hour now, rushing up the ridge to attack a single base, and getting swarmed each time at the same damn place. I've tried different weapons, different abilities... and I get a dozen Vaadwaur elites rushing me with pulse weapons.

To be frank I'm getting tired of fighting the same group at the same damn tree, only to be killed, rush back up, and have the guys already respawned and kneeling by that same crate...
  • Options
    demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Point you seem to have missed is simple...

You are not the only captain there, when you gert the mission from tghe npc in the advanced camp, don't just rush off like some combat lemming, stop at the cave exit, and check tghe damn map, see if other captains are about, you don't have to team with htem, but the missions are co-op, people can even help clear the objecti ves if they havn't taken tghe mission but are simply in the area.

When I do those last two missions, I'll hang about up there and clear those objectives 3 or 4 times each for additional marks, also, as it happens, helping combat lemmings finish the mission by being there to lend some fire power for all those 'too fast spawning mobs'.
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    never have a problem here... my boffs are explosive and healing... so I constantly have turrets and shield/med generators while I pop my cap abilities to stay alive... sometimes it takes awhile before the area is completely clear
  • Options
    davidwforddavidwford Member Posts: 1,836 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Tac and Eng captains have an easier time because they can spawn NPCs (fabrications for Engs, security teams for tacs). I don't know what to say for Sci captains. If you can get your BOFFs and other summoned pets to aggro, it is possible for you to then go after the consoles, transporter pods, or place charges as long as you are not attacking and drawing attantion.
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    davidwford wrote: »
    ..I don't know what to say for Sci captains...

Sci captains have two extremes to choose from:

a) Space Wizard

b) Invulnerability

Since I find dying inconvenient, I choose "b" on my main (though space wizard is soo much fun, which is my choice for my alt).
  • Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    davidwford wrote: »
    Tac and Eng captains have an easier time because they can spawn NPCs (fabrications for Engs, security teams for tacs). I don't know what to say for Sci captains. If you can get your BOFFs and other summoned pets to aggro, it is possible for you to then go after the consoles, transporter pods, or place charges as long as you are not attacking and drawing attantion.

this... just beef up your boffs and they'll keep the area pinned down while you complete the mission
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As science I like to mix it up. Use a few Space Wizard powers and a few heals. Automated Adrenal Hypo is one of my favorites, but those come out of a lock box. Nanite Health monitor is great. For Vaads, flame and radiation make a good pair. Tachyon harmonic isn't as good on them as it is on Borg.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    sentinel64 wrote: »
    The Last Stand is the last mini-mission in the Kobali Prime ground story arc. Many of the missions involve multiple mobs and are challenging, but fun. This mission is challenging and frustrating because it is designed for group play. A player will clear one area and move onto the next only to have a new mob generate at the previous point in a matter of seconds(5-10 sec). The majority of the mission is spent just trying to survive multiple mobs being constantly regenerated all over the map. (...)

It also scales based on the number of players in the area. What with the Kobali prime missions now actually rewarding useful things, there might be other players nearby in the previous area, or getting ready to go out (or further away on the map, who really knows how close someone needs to be to 'count'). So you might literally be trying to solo something that is scaling for a group because it's 'seeing' more players around.

Your best bet - since people are repeating the missions daily for rep progression and 'elite marks', is to, if you find yourself rapidly in over your head, just retreat until you're out of combat, and switch zones until you find a zone where there are people at the same point in their progression as you are. You will almost always, with a few zone swaps, be able to either find the mission already in progress and you can just jump right in, or find people standing around waiting for it to start (apparently not everyone actually bothers to get the framework mission that triggers the open world mission to start, so they'll just hang out waiting for someone to come along and trigger it for them).
  • Options
    demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It also scales based on the number of players in the area. What with the Kobali prime missions now actually rewarding useful things, there might be other players nearby in the previous area, or getting ready to go out (or further away on the map, who really knows how close someone needs to be to 'count'). So you might literally be trying to solo something that is scaling for a group because it's 'seeing' more players around.

Your best bet - since people are repeating the missions daily for rep progression and 'elite marks', is to, if you find yourself rapidly in over your head, just retreat until you're out of combat, and switch zones until you find a zone where there are people at the same point in their progression as you are. You will almost always, with a few zone swaps, be able to either find the mission already in progress and you can just jump right in, or find people standing around waiting for it to start (apparently not everyone actually bothers to get the framework mission that triggers the open world mission to start, so they'll just hang out waiting for someone to come along and trigger it for them).

You can do the framework missions once a day, for marks and cores/apcs, but you can then hang about and join others on an ad hoc basis over and over just for marks alone, and the fun of course...

You often see one or more captains waiting at the exit from the forward base, for somebody with the mission to wonder past, then they tag along, since these captains tend to be the ones who know the area best, and do it most often, you get good company for your run.
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>