test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DPS-League Statement

ezriryanezriryan Member Posts: 150 Arc User
Greetings,

Today the DPS Channels faced some crossroads.
The situation did build up over quite some time but let me put it into a nutshell for you:

We have a group of Admins that is relentlessly attacking Teamplay and certain builds as cheating. Primarily going after recluse supporters.

Neglecting the fact that in a Teamgame other players will make a difference for you - flying with people you know will usually be more fun than flying with a random group. Also everyone is getting more used to the runs and the overall performance of the team will increase.
If you think you shame yourself by bringing a team to the table then you might want try a solo mission instead.
This is about enabling people to play to their full potential, enjoying the game with friends - not getting held back by a line that only exists for a few.

We think this is a good development. It is the logical next step after optimizing your build and playstyle to keep on improving and achieving what is not possible if everyone is only building around themselves. The Team should be greater than the sum of its parts.
Playing a support class might not be glorious on the damage charts, but it can be a lot fun as well.

Under no circumstance are builds to be excluded from the official list just because someone doesn't like them.
If something is truly too strong, as they claim, everyone will use it and everyone will have an easier time finishing the mission- so everyone is winning.

Obviously there are some limitation to this - cheating should never be encouraged. But as long as you are within the bounds of the game and find something that works better than something else, you should go for it and tell others about it.
Help everyone to improve. That was the major goal of the channels, which is now being defeated by some of the Admins, as they don't want to develop to the next step: Teamplay and Team-setups.

As they won't stop attacking the teamplay aspect, or for the matter- anything else they don't like:
In the interest of every player that wants to become better at the game, increase his knowledge and even try out different stuff, we see no other alternative than to recreate the Channels in the light of becoming better at the game and becoming a better gamer - with teamplay.
Getting better is not a journey for one person, but creating friendships and playing together is a major aspect of that. If you deny the impact a team has in a teamgame, you are passing on a lot of your potential because you decided you don't like it.
But that can never be a general rule - banning recluses, Healers, Tanks and Scimitars is not the answer.
If someone actually puts in all the time and effort to run with a dedicated group his results will be his results. And usually he will have quite some fun doing it.

The new channel structure will be:
DPS-Bronze (former 10k)
DPS-Silver (former 30k)
DPS-Gold (former 50k)
DPS-Diamond (former 75k)

This change will also allow for easier adaptation of the channels in the future.
Channel invites should be done, so nothing really changes, simply accept the new invites.
Should someone miss his invite contact @Felisean or @Ezri_Carter
If you were in 50k, you should already have recieved the appropriate channel-invites

RyanSTO, Felisean
and
The Wizards of STO

edit: The CLR and the shown DPS League are part of these newly founded channels
Post edited by ezriryan on

Comments

• john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Actually this is not correct, this is an attempted hostile takeover by Felisean and Ryan because the like to have there cheater parses with recluses. The current DPS channels will be restored, we already have league backups, and they and any who join with them will be removed permanently from the DPS League.
  • agresiel2agresiel2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This is not true and an attempt to steal the player base from the channel owners and admin
    channel invites for the original channels will be sent back out to those effected by this issue

our apologies this situation will be rectified
    MY SPEED RECORDS KASE: 13:38 CSE: 13:52 ISE: 13:51 HSE: 2:58 NWS: 6:35

Solo STF's With Optional ISE: 3:34
    i have all logs saved of these so if you would like to view them send me a pm and it can be arranged :)
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited June 2015
    Don't believe anything. This is a HOSTILE takeover attempt by a small minority of the DPS admins.

At no point where any types builds going to be banned or removed.
  • demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This thread needs a Ferengi selling 31 flavours of popcorn, to the spectators.
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Why is running a pre-made with one or more recluses any different to running a pre-made where everyone calls where to drop TF/IF?
    giphy.gif
  • mikey002mikey002 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This sounds good to me. If admins are banning people over a build, then I think its themwho should be banned.
  • jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I think it's telling that this is considered so important that a hostile takeover is even something that could be thought to occur.

This isn't a business, the participants aren't at risk of losing money or even the ability to play. I know there are people that just have to min-max every little aspect of everything they do in a game, but honestly I think it's pretty clear this is far out of hand. You can keep your DPS League, I have nothing against a group of people trying to improve themselves, but why does this need to be so public? It sets an unreasonable standard for those who just want to play a fun game. It ends up causing the game development to move in a direction not particularly favored by "casuals" and players who don't min-max such as the absolutely ridiculous HP pools on NPCs these days.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • agresiel2agresiel2 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mikey002 wrote: »
    This sounds good to me. If admins are banning people over a build, then I think its themwho should be banned.

no one got banned
    quite the opposite all that was proposed was to dis allow people to be invited into 10k 30k 50k by means of which they couldnt replicate consistently

the idea was agreed by the admin team to maintain the integrity of the invites, and at no point would runs with recluses be banned they simply would be placed with all other such runs in a team play section of the leauge
    MY SPEED RECORDS KASE: 13:38 CSE: 13:52 ISE: 13:51 HSE: 2:58 NWS: 6:35

Solo STF's With Optional ISE: 3:34
    i have all logs saved of these so if you would like to view them send me a pm and it can be arranged :)
  • snipey47asnipey47a Member Posts: 485 Media Corps
    edited June 2015

Nobody has been banned for having any particular build or ship. I am perplexed to see a post like this to be honest.
    edited June 2015
    john98837 wrote: »
    Actually this is not correct, this is an attempted hostile takeover by Felisean and Ryan because the like to have there cheater parses with recluses. The current DPS channels will be restored, we already have league backups, and they and any who join with them will be removed permanently from the DPS League.

How is he not correct, your very comment supports what he said about admins (Most likely your one of them.) Banning people over the use of teamwork. Well done I say!
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How is he not correct, your very comment supports what he said about admins (Most likely your one of them.) Banning people over the use of teamwork. Well done I say!

You clearly don't have a clue what your talking about, team work is playing as a team, cheating is having your entire team buff your personal dps score so that you can act like your hot ****, as felisean and ryan like to do.
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Original DPS League is NOT GOING AWAY.

Want to know what is going on here??

A group of 5-6 players split and trying to form their own league. Which is perfectly fine. But, how they went about it is totally uncalled for and quite cowardly and underhanded.

THEY WENT ON TRIBBLE DURING PATCH AND KICKED EVERYONE OUT OF THE ORIGINAL DPS CHANNELS. THEN SENT INVITES TO THEIR NEW CHANNELS IN AN ATTEMPT TO CONFUSE EVERYONE.

They essentially took 2 years of hard work and violated my trust in allowing them to be admins and ruined my channels by kicking everyone. Do you really want to be part of that group?

The good news is, that you WILL get your invites back within a day or so. So simply ignore what the Germans have done and recognize how they went about it--underhanded and childish.

So, just chill and all will be back in order as it should be--once we can log in and resend the invites (again, it should take less than a day).

Porch Song
  • shandypandyshandypandy Member Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    cheating is having your entire team buff your personal dps score so that you can act like your hot ****, as felisean and ryan like to do.

So, you don't call where you're dropping TF/IF then? You don't stack BOFF copies of APB?
    giphy.gif
  • sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited June 2015
    So, you don't call where you're dropping TF/IF then? You don't stack BOFF copies of APB?

What they do though in their runs, is so MUCH more than just that. The goal is buffing one person to be super high and padding numbers to such an extreme that the next closest person is 20k+ DPS and who is getting it by joining random group call outs on the channels.

If you got the type of order you do and structure in a randomly organized group like they do and are doing all you can to ensure one gets a super high number, then you've changed the balance.

But truth be told, not many are able to get the same setups.
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
    edited June 2015
    Recluse cheating.. I think anyone who says thats are just jealous they didnt do it first. Its something added to the game by cryptic, so how can something added by them be cheating? Its not glitch.loop hole or exploit so. Not cheating.
  • bengusbengus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    snipey47a wrote: »
    Nobody has been banned for having any particular build or ship. I am perplexed to see a post like this to be honest.

LoL @ Perplexed
  • tbffotbffo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    saross wrote: »
    What they do though in their runs, is so MUCH more than just that. The goal is buffing one person to be super high and padding numbers to such an extreme that the next closest person is 20k+ DPS and who is getting it by joining random group call outs on the channels.

If you got the type of order you do and structure in a randomly organized group like they do and are doing all you can to ensure one gets a super high number, then you've changed the balance.

But truth be told, not many are able to get the same setups.

Its just an extreme form of teamwork nothing more? Do you really think that putting a "recluse nanny" or 2 in a team is enough? Do you really think that you need just 2 nannies and BOOM your dps is 100k+? It isnt! Behind these recluse runs, there are hours of theory crafting, training and of course trying to get the best result of many runs in a row.

Ah. And childish is if a small group of "high dpsers" are complaining about recluses because they dont have good ones.
    edited June 2015
    tbffo wrote: »
    Its just an extreme form of teamwork nothing more? Do you really think that putting a "recluse nanny" or 2 in a team is enough? Do you really think that you need just 2 nannies and BOOM your dps is 100k+? It isnt! Behind these recluse runs, there are hours of theory crafting, training and of course trying to get the best result of many runs in a row.

Ah. And childish is if a small group of "high dpsers" are complaining about recluses because they dont have good ones.

Hahaha to true.
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Whats the point?

So i've now got to choose which DPS league i want to be apart of? I've got to earn re-invites again?

whaaaaaaaat?

y u do dis.
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • tbffotbffo Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Whats the point?

So i've now got to choose which DPS league i want to be apart of? I've got to earn re-invites again?

whaaaaaaaat?

y u do dis.
    You dont need to earn re-invites. You just need to click on "join channel".
  • porchsongporchsong Member Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Whats the point?

whaaaaaaaat?

y u do dis.

No, you will get a re-invite to the DPS-10,000, DPS-30.000, DPS-50,000, DPS-75,000. So, you do not have to re-qualify. We have the logs to make the invites again.
  • latiasracerlatiasracer Member Posts: 680 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    porchsong wrote: »
    No, you will get a re-invite to the DPS-10,000, DPS-30.000, DPS-50,000, DPS-75,000. So, you do not have to re-qualify. We have the logs to make the invites again.

Ah sweet, appreciate it!

Whats the deal with the new channels then, am i allowed to be part of them at the same time?

I have no interest in politics, i just want people to play with.
    warp plasma can't melt neutronium beams
  • mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited June 2015
  • ancientfighterancientfighter Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mmo = sickness for level, gears, pvp.
    sickness for dps is hilarious!!!

Thanks to all, one of the next [t6] masteries will be called "temporal dps field" effect: the entire team dps will be converted for your and your team will gain a huge lag or 5% chance to disconnection for 30sec.
  • lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Actually this is not correct, this is an attempted hostile takeover by Felisean and Ryan because the like to have there cheater parses with recluses.

Lol, grabbed popcorn, enjoying the show. Never thought I'd see drama in the DPS channels.

How about I volunteer my drain boat for one of their parses? If you find ATB bad, how about I let them hit all targets with zero shields?
  • ezriryanezriryan Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    just for clarification:

The DPS League and Combatlog-Reader were never owned by those DPS-Channels - they just worked together.
  • freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ezriryan wrote: »
    just for clarification:

The DPS League and Combatlog-Reader were never owned by those DPS-Channels - they just worked together.

So you're telling us this, because you want to blackmail us?
  • sarcasmdetectorsarcasmdetector Member Posts: 1,176 Media Corps
    edited June 2015
    just for clarification:

What you guys did was dirty.
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Neglecting the fact that in a Team game other players will make a difference for you - flying with people you know will usually be more fun than flying with a random group. Also everyone is getting more used to the runs and the overall performance of the team will increase.

RyanSTO, Felisean
    and
    The Wizards of STO

Okay. As someone that's given some knocks in the direction of this league, please let me say a couple of things. Positive things.

Hating on someone because they use a Recluse, is mind boggling.
    Is the new Pilot Ship trait next?

What Ryan says here, and overall in his post, is true.

I might (okay, I will) poke with a stick a bit if I feel someone is allowing for a little 'ambiguity' to slip in regarding the importance of the entire team to any individuals score. Hard to take sometimes, but newish people can look at some of these things and be put off, if only because they don't ever get to actually see the clear message about teamwork and having fun.

And, for those that don't know, yes the DPS league parser is a very 'forgiving' parser.

BUT it's entirely transparent on how it calculates the numbers.
    And it's available to everyone and everyone is on the same page.
    If you personally want to review a clean log and parse it yourself you're free to do so.
    No Trickery!
    And it's free! That much work was JUST given out for FREE. Seriously.

And can there be something between bronze and silver? I'm never gonna make 30k so could there be like an "Palladium" channel?

Peace guys and carry on!
  • daunknownadmindaunknownadmin Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I feel like mommy and daddy split up and I'm being forced to choose which one I want to live with. WTF!?!
This discussion has been closed.