test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance [June 4th, 2015]

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Greetings Captains!

We will be performing our weekly maintenance tomorrow as well as apply an updated patch at 6:30AM Pacific. Downtime is estimated is 3 hours, and patch notes can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9316513-star-trek-online%3A-release-notes%3A-june-4th%2C-2015

Thanks for your patience and understanding!

=/\=

We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following links to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.

Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.

Having Graphical issues or problems with your Sound quality? Please click this link to be taken to our Graphical and Sound Issues Section to file your reports.

Is your PC or Mac struggling with STO? Please click this link to be taken to our PC, Network, and Other Technical Issues Section to file your reports.

Thank you for the assistance!

The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Summer event on the way, awesome! Thanks Trendy. :)
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    Summer event on the way, awesome! Thanks Trendy. :)
    Choo choo!
    Totes goats.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Lots of good stuff on this one. I will make good with the new ship colors. Just don't expect to see mine in "wild" colors.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    wildweasalwildweasal Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Choo choo!
    Totes goats.

HOLY $&** I LOVES ME SOME TRENDY !!!! SHES A BAD MAMMA JAMMA!! JUST AS FOXY AS CAN BE ! ( points if you know the song)
    3ondby_zpsikszslyx.jpg
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    farmallm wrote: »
    Lots of good stuff on this one. I will make good with the new ship colors. Just don't expect to see mine in "wild" colors.

Here's hoping for a camo pattern. :D
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Looking forward to it! Some good fixes in there too this week.

When is that in your Timezone?
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Male Caitian Tails: Shortened no longer clips through the floor when wagging.

Not only does this not actually DO anything, but this isn't even the bug in the first place.

The Actual BUG:

For Male and Female Caitians and Ferasans, the Tail Length and Tail Thickness sliders NO LONGER WORK. This started about a month ago and still has not been fixed yet.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So are we LOSING costume options for the Lobi Hirogen armor now?
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • Options
    dragnockdragnock Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Added a store tab to the Event Reputation Store called "Account Reward Claim".
    Here players will be able to claim event reputation project starship rewards earned on any character.
    For example, if a player has earned the Risian Corvette on one character, all characters on the account can claim the Risian Corvette for free from this new store.
    Also, any character on an account which has earned one of these ships can reclaim the ship for free if it has been discharged.

I like the sound of this
  • Options
    jorstojorsto Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So finally a fix for multiple Tailor bugs - BUT NO FIX FOR the lack of ANY colour option on Romulan chars for Dyson sphere uniform boots?
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    T-5U Orb weaver getting its sensor scan... THANK YOU :)

My engineers losing their free orbital devastation... NO THANKS! (just kidding it was obviously a bug, just was a beneficial one for me)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    mosul33mosul33 Member Posts: 836 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thank you very much for this patch. Lots of velcomed bug fixes.

About the Event rep claim feature. Its really nice and all for the ships but can it please include, in the future, the other rep unlocks aswell, like the ones from the crystal entity events: Antiproton torpedo, Zefram shotgun or the doffs. The delta recruits are missing out alot of good stuff that are not available anymore :/
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited June 2015
    Downtime is estimated at 3 hours

"Fixed that for ya." --The Pedantic Grammar Fixer

I'll add it to your monthly duck bill (pay in drakes only -- no mallards accepted).
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    dragnock wrote: »
    Added a store tab to the Event Reputation Store called "Account Reward Claim".
    Here players will be able to claim event reputation project starship rewards earned on any character.
    For example, if a player has earned the Risian Corvette on one character, all characters on the account can claim the Risian Corvette for free from this new store.
    Also, any character on an account which has earned one of these ships can reclaim the ship for free if it has been discharged.

I like the sound of this

I'd like it a lot better if I had had the foresight to slot the Cruiser on one of my characters - they either have nothing or a Corvette waiting to be ground up. :(

Not half as bad as the Breen, though - I think I only slotted (and completed) the Plesh Brek last winter.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,524 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    So are we LOSING costume options for the Lobi Hirogen armor now?

It makes me wonder if that is due to the helmet never being able to match the rest of the outfit thanks to the color pallets being different. The armor is one of the nicer outfits in STO! It is a shame the helmet was never fixed to match the rest of the costume and definitely disappointing to see it removed from the costume options. :(
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • Options
    nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Resolved an issue which was causing crashes to occur when loading in to certain maps such as Zaria, Kobali Prime, and the Dyson Sphere Battleground.

You have my sincere thanks for this one :D
    server_hamster6.png
  • Options
    t0ffik1#9170 t0ffik1 Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    At last the SUPER OP iconian trait will get nerfed to where it belongs Good Job.

Although im not rly keen to see how 300% + crit dmg reflections are insta now... looks like everyone will now fly only fbp as isnta reflections = another buff to on OP in dmg ability... And half witted enemy can activate it while your bolts fly to him already!! leaving you with 0 counter play possibility!! - stupid idea as hell...

And no vapers dont work in pvp - they work vs extreem noobs only as:
    Do this if you can defend vs vapes by getting 1-2 all res consoled and some desent map awarnes
    1) Pilot manuever - 2s all dmg immunity
    2) delta trait - 4s all dmg immunuty = 6s
    3) iconian t4 rep - 4s all dmg immunity =10s
    4) pilot manuever - 2s all dmg immunity = 12s
    5) pilot tree - 3s all dmg immunity = 15s

congrats you just did 15s of all dmg immunity chain = no vaper can get you down on its 2-3 minutes long cd cooldowns.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Looking forward to it! Some good fixes in there too this week.

When is that in your Timezone?

would be an idea if trendy attached the linked to her opening op everytime, or better still just put a few numbers and letters past a slash "6:30AM Pacific / 2:30PM BST / 3:30PM CET" it would save a lot of trouble and also show that cryptic and pwe are not so california centric. i mean there is a world out there beyond the job :P.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    would be an idea if trendy attached the linked to her opening op everytime, or better still just put a few numbers and letters past a slash "6:30AM Pacific / 2:30PM BST / 3:30PM CET" it would save a lot of trouble and also show that cryptic and pwe are not so california centric. i mean there is a world out there beyond the job :P.

Yeah maintenance posts used to always have the link in them to an event timer on the world clock. I started adding it to my posts a few weeks back because I noticed it was no longer included for some reason. It's not like everyone in the world happens to know what time it is in Cryptic land haha.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I hope the missing "Odyssey 1" badges return to female fed toons.
  • Options
    lazerbeam011lazerbeam011 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hello everybody it has been years since I have played this game.:eek: But I am back at least for a week.:D Let me know if you remember a rear admiral named Ashtono Vasquez.
  • Options
    celkucelku Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Account Reward Claim" If this works well it will be one of the best changes to make the event rep stuff not so annoying.

Good job on going in that direction.

Oh and continue going in this direction, rewards are much better when linked to the account and not the one character.
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    beameddown wrote: »
    ...not sure why it needed and I DO MEAN NEEDED to be changed to instant... not sure what was wrong with it before besides that b.s. sci crafting trait...

We know they have identified "numerous" issues that contribute to lag. Perhaps it is a lag fix?
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nice list, under normal circumstances I'd enjoy them. However, this isn't normal. I can't help but notice but the frequently reported severe framerate issues ON RISA has not been fixed (unless some other fix up there solves this issue completely by accident but I'm not going to assume serendipity as a likely outcome of today's downtime). What this means is that a proportion of the player base (including me but critically including other people besides me) is NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO MEANINGFULLY PARTICIPATE with the summer event.

What the hell Cryptic? Its not like we didn't give you a heads up on the problem.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Nice list, under normal circumstances I'd enjoy them. However, this isn't normal. I can't help but notice but the frequently reported severe framerate issues ON RISA has not been fixed (unless some other fix up there solves this issue completely by accident but I'm not going to assume serendipity as a likely outcome of today's downtime). What this means is that a proportion of the player base (including me but critically including other people besides me) is NOT GOING TO BE ABLE TO MEANINGFULLY PARTICIPATE with the summer event.

What the hell Cryptic? Its not like we didn't give you a heads up on the problem.

You know, there isn't an instant, magical fix to these problems. Any number of things can be causing it and it takes time to investigate. Time and again, they've made the effort to communicate with us and let us know they are aware of problems and are working on it. It may take a few patches to get it fixed, but they do get things done. Cut'em a little slack.

Personally, I've not had any framerate issues whatsoever on Risa and have not seen anyone else report this issue. It could be entirely on your end for all we know.

Best suggestion, make a bug report on forum and see if anyone else is experiencing this problem.
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Well, one Lobi weapon got fixed, I hope they fix the Vaadwaur ones next, we're missing a mod.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Choo choo!
    Totes goats.

Did I hear the G word ??

... you know the drill ... , plus the international clock / time thing for the down time is missing ...
This discussion has been closed.