test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Today's changes to the Aelahl

royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
The following ships had their +10 Aux power bonus corrected to +10 Engine power:

Aelahl Warbird Battlecruiser [T6]
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Sigh, my Rommie Science captain is *highly* disappointed. :(
"You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
--Red Annorax
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Just... shuffle the power management around?

I feel you, at first I thought the same. But then I thought you just have to decrese engines by 10 points and put those in auxilliary and everything is the same as before. Or do I miss something?
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »

I feel you, at first I thought the same. But then I thought you just have to decrese engines by 10 points and put those in auxilliary and everything is the same as before. Or do I miss something?

If someone is running aux at 100, how are they supposed to move the slider to 110?
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited June 2015

That is like my [W->S]x2 Warp Core (that still needs fixing, btw, Bort :D): sometimes your slider is already at 15, and shifting is no longer possible.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    edited June 2015
    redvenge wrote: »
    If someone is running aux at 100, how are they supposed to move the slider to 110?
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    That is like my [W->S]x2 Warp Core (that still needs fixing, btw, Bort :D): sometimes your slider is already at 15, and shifting is no longer possible.

Ah, I see. I run at 90/25/25/30 (I think, don't nail me on the numbers. But none is at 15) and with plasmonic leach, enhanced induction coils, fleet [AMP] hyper-charged core and EPtX I end at 134/85/134/134. After the change I figured I have to put engine power to 15 and ten more to aux to compensate. (Klingulan Sci character)
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,587 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ah, I see. I run at 90/25/25/30 (I think, don't nail me on the numbers. But none is at 15) and with plasmonic leach, enhanced induction coils, fleet [AMP] hyper-charged core and EPtX I end at 134/85/134/134. After the change I figured I have to put engine power to 15 and ten more to aux to compensate. (Klingulan Sci character)

In that case, yeah, it shouldn't make a difference: just take a bit from Engines, towards Aux. In fact, if you have an [Eff] core, you'll even win a bit on the deal (as pushing down Engine power even down further will make [Eff] even allot more 'compensatory' power to said subsystem. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited June 2015

You cant have less than 15 base energy. Most of my ships are already at that point and still get over 75 continously.

For most advanced builds this -even though it is a fix gamewise- is a nerf. The minimum power should be 5, at least that would offset it again.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    redvenge wrote: »

Who would run 100 aux on a ship with only a lieutenant sci station?
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    aux to sif engineer heals do better with higher aux power.. and the the tholian traits off or def add bonus based on aux power. and thats just 3 reasons . plenty others im sure.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

edited June 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    Who would run 100 aux on a ship with only a lieutenant sci station?

The Aelahl (D'Deridex EDIT: Confused the ships, my bad, the Dkhrel is the D'D) has a LTC sci, so even without other instances that make aux power beneficial this ship profits from high aux.

The only occasion you don't need aux is for close your eyes and BFAW autofire boats that never need to heal themselves :D

EDIT: Oh, I just noticed that I confused those Romulan names. The D'D (Dkhrel) "suffers" the same changes, though, so I haven't completely disqualified myself :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Sigh, my Rommie Science captain is *highly* disappointed. :(

That bug for those stats has been known for at least a month.
    The only surprise is that it took this long to get it fixed.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    That bug for those stats has been known for at least a month.
    The only surprise is that it took this long to get it fixed.

And even that isn't a surprise, because loadouts. :p
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    I'm looking forward to this. My Romulan's been flying the Intel Warbird, and her Battlecruiser has been waiting for me to figure out how to squeeze out a bit more engine power.

The RRW Farore will fly again!
    Got her turn rate up to my Fleet Mogai's level... now she might have the speed to match!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)