test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You know that the Risa event starts when,..

thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
You know that the Risa event starts when ...

...you start to panic over all the toons I haven't make but plan to, and think of all awesome rewards I will miss if I don't start new toon like now. But then you realise you don't have the time to make 5 more toons to level 10 before the end of the event and grind for the existing ones. :(

...Not to mention getting all stuff to existing x nr of toons you already had...

Can I just say I kind of which the items you get are account bound =)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ships are account wide.

The floaters and old pets (birds &monkeys) and power boards and doffs and dance emotes are character bound and cannot be transfered.

The costumes are boxed and tradeable, but bind to character once used.

The lohlunat favors and event food are not bound ever.

We don't know about the kits yet or the new pets (bunny carrical things) but I assume both will be character bound.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    theres no sweat anyway apart from the ship which is an account unlock even for future characters all the items that are available this year will still be there next year plus a whole lot more probably.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Can't wait to get me Smexy Trill into a Hawaiian shirt. ^^

Might even get one for my Romulan and Orion.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited June 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Can't wait to get me Smexy Trill into a Hawaiian shirt. ^^

Might even get one for my Romulan and Orion.

If you ever come to Hawaii, call them "aloha shirts" to avoid sounding like a tourist.

My favorite thing about them, is that they are accepted as business attire. =) oh there's times where a suit is needed, but well, our governor signs bills and that sort of thing wearing them. Even the handoff from the old governor they both had aloha shirts on.

But, I guess cryptic would never make 'em uniforms or formal... Much sadness.

Still, love 'em. Really glad to have 'em. Even more glad they're at least off duty.
    edited June 2015
    I'll have to keep that in mind.
    <- Pacific Northwest represented here. Washington State, where it ain't called the Evergreen State for nothin'. :D
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited June 2015
    <- Pacific Northwest represented here. Washington State, where it ain't called the Evergreen State for nothin'. :D

That's where I lived (Kirkland and Redmond), until I realized the cost of living is exactly the same in washington's east side and most of Oahu outside of Honolulu and the resort areas. Sold my magic cards and used the money to move out here. Don't regret it at all.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited June 2015

*waves to Rattler* Hi neighbor to the North, Oregon here, although I grew up in Seattle.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ships are account wide.

The floaters and old pets (birds &monkeys) and power boards and doffs and dance emotes are character bound and cannot be transfered.

The costumes are boxed and tradeable, but bind to character once used.

The lohlunat favors and event food are not bound ever.

We don't know about the kits yet or the new pets (bunny carrical things) but I assume both will be character bound.

The kit modules will probably be character bound. During the 2014 winter event we had a new breen warp and singularity cores as new pieces of the set and we also had 1 kit module per career in the event reputation store. All were character bound after buying them. The sad thing is *all* new items added to the winter event reputation store for 2014 were removed after the event with only the previous year's items still available. This means I'm not able to get frost colored winter coats, the new scarves, or the abdorible snowman pet for my delta recruits. And of course my recruits don't have the winter event rep store unlocked (until later this year) so even if the warp/sing cores and kit modules were still available I wouldn't be able to get them for my recruits since they were character bound when you buy them. I did save up 500 of each winter ornament commodity so I could buy jackets/scarves for new characters if I decided to make them, but I'm at a complete loss for now and my recruits have to go without. :(

Edit: I wish they would at least make the outfits account wide unlocks. Some cost a lot and with 15 characters it's a ton of grinding to get enough of the currency to buy them from the event rep store (female swimwear going for as much as 1,000 favors EACH, for example). I think I'm gonna skip out on swimwear since it can only be worn on Risa and after the event ends I have no reason to go back there until next year, so I'll just stick to getting off duty wear for characters who need it such as the explorer and beachcomber outfits and those new aloha shirts. (Dev blog says the Aloha Shirts are (off duty) which means you can wear them outside of Risa)
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If you ever come to Hawaii, call them "aloha shirts" to avoid sounding like a tourist.

My favorite thing about them, is that they are accepted as business attire. =) oh there's times where a suit is needed, but well, our governor signs bills and that sort of thing wearing them. Even the handoff from the old governor they both had aloha shirts on.

But, I guess cryptic would never make 'em uniforms or formal... Much sadness.

Still, love 'em. Really glad to have 'em. Even more glad they're at least off duty.

You sir have just proven why my captain should be allowed to wear his aloha shirt anywhere.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    You sir have just proven why my captain should be allowed to wear his aloha shirt anywhere, that is unless Cryptic wants to make a mockery of someones culture by saying it is not acceptable.

Dev blog says Aloha Shirts (off duty) meaning they are off duty outfits and can be worn anywhere outside of Risa. :)
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...when the political ads start to appear.
  • takegurutakeguru Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    When Cryptic makes a stupid decision regarding the event ships.

That's how you know
  • originalspockoriginalspock Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ...when the political ads start to appear.

Pedro/Nixon 2415!
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2015

...you start to panic over all the toons I haven't make but plan to, and think of all awesome rewards I will miss if I don't start new toon like now. But then you realise you don't have the time to make 5 more toons to level 10 before the end of the event and grind for the existing ones. :(

...Not to mention getting all stuff to existing x nr of toons you already had...

Hehe hooray Liz!

Well yea I had some parts in me feeling the same reaction but I really think Cryptic is doing fine here.

Just fly for the ship with one toon and simply “claim” it with your current or even future alts.

As far as the rest of the stuff is concerned we should get it easily by doing the usual vocation. It’s also mentioned somewhere that the rewards for the Risa activities are going to be better this year meaning we earn more by doing less. Since the basic currency there is tradable there should be any problem to get the stuff you want sooner or later for all your chars, even when they are not even close to Risa.

That’s alt-friendly in my eyes so I actually my end up enjoying my vocation while progressing all my toons the way I see fit.

P.S. Hope we meet on the dance floor. As event officer Tethys will issue our fleet's instance each evening in VOC channel.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    got no panic on my end, the dancing gorn is coming out, he wants to show why hes a galactic dance champion :P.

K'Mec is coming out because my main has been in almost every event to date and finally one other, probably t'sara or Theodore Sevrin.

i still feel as if there should be a military presence on risa, just a minimal garrison, just out the way enough not to upset anything but not so far out the way that they can not coordinate on attacking any heralds that may try to appear.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited June 2015
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    *waves to Rattler* Hi neighbor to the North, Oregon here, although I grew up in Seattle.

Greetings from Tacoma! :D
  • coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You know when anything happens because mere moments after a huge threadnaught appears saying how ugly/boring/broken/useless or otherwise bad it is.

It's quite an efficient system, they tend to be quite prompt.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited June 2015

The ship is account wide and Favors are tradeable, as are most of the reward items. At this point it doesn't look like there's any need to visit Risa on alts anymore, other than to maybe unlock the event store the first time.

And most of the reward items are only usable on Risa anyway. Only thing I'm gonna look out for my alts are the kit modules.
  • voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Risian event?
    Anyone got a link to it, please?

Normally I do not check these things out, take what comes, but the Risian interests me.
  • djehuti2014djehuti2014 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    voivodje wrote: »
    Risian event?
    Anyone got a link to it, please?

Normally I do not check these things out, take what comes, but the Risian interests me.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1467851
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1471711
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1472191
  • voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thank you.

So, we get silly pets, silly ship (Ferengi warship? LOL! It should look like a trader tent. Ferengi Warship, goodness... the only "war" a Ferengi knows, is haggling.), hmmm....
    I'll bet many will be dissapointed here...
  • beerxhyperbeerxhyper Member Posts: 676 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thank you.

So, we get silly pets, silly ship (Ferengi warship? LOL! It should look like a trader tent. Ferengi Warship, goodness... the only "war" a Ferengi knows, is haggling.), hmmm....

naw ugly ship that i am getting anyways aside everyone always gets happy wen risa event comes =D

• drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Thank you.

So, we get silly pets,

I like silly pets. And the shirts, and the shorts...

silly ship (Ferengi warship? LOL! It should look like a trader tent. Ferengi Warship, goodness... the only "war" a Ferengi knows, is haggling.), hmmm....

Yeah, the ship is lame in concept. Granted. So are the lockbox ships.

But there's nothing to be done about them.
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited June 2015

its seemingly the only time of year most people open their emote menu, and the result is that there is a new thread every day suggesting the old emotes be added to the cstore or whatnot.
  • lunastolunasto Member Posts: 774 Arc User
    edited June 2015

OMG! How many years has it been since you have seen the light of day? You must be pastier then pasta! :eek:

Lightningdealwithit.gifNew Lunar Republic
    "Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!" -Lina Inverse
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It starts when esd is empty
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited June 2015

°0°

<
    Arizona Representative here... The ... Hell state... Is 2 hot...
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    °0°

<

Yes it is. I lived in Tempe for a number of years. Go Sundevils!
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    edited June 2015
    °0°

<

My brother's a fireman in phoenix and my family used to vacation out there every year. I love the saying "if you can't handle Arizona in summer you don't deserve to be here in fall and winter". Haha, so true. Beautiful state, but those are some brutal summers.

You have my sympathy.