test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tales of the War #7

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
As the war wages on, Lieutenant Kelson and Guroth work to outfit the Mercury with new upgrades.

The efforts against the encroaching Heralds and Iconians continue on!

~LaughingTrendy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,319 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Dips on the cluster quantum torpedo and cluster photon torpedo.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Klingon health and safety in the work place: If you're still alive, the explosion wasn't big enough. Go back and try again!
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited June 2015
    Can I haz their stuffs?

:D
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    6 torpedoes...

Can I get this guy assigned to my ship? ;)
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I like the cut of this man's jib. :)
  • Options
    generator88generator88 Member Posts: 698 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    drreverend wrote: »
    I like the cut of this man's jib. :)

His jib expels lethal shrapnel in a 15m radius.
    =================

I'm sure your DPS is great, but as Kahless said, "a petaQ with high system mastery is still a petaQ." (Well, he should have said it...!)
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    These 'tales' just get worse and worse.

Massively increase weapon yield and don't test the result? Seriously?

As an engineer I'm appalled. As a sci-fi fan I'm amazed that stupid technobabble like this is still accepted in fiction.

Beh.
  • Options
    rangerryurangerryu Member Posts: 284 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Kind of reminds me of that scene in the movie Red Cliff where Gan Xing keeps moaning that the explosions aren't big enough!
  • Options
    drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited June 2015

As an engineer I'm appalled. As a sci-fi fan I'm amazed that stupid technobabble like this is still accepted in fiction.

Beh.

It's important to remember that other Klingons think this guy is unhinged and alarmingly trigger-happy.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    drreverend wrote: »
    It's important to remember that other Klingons think this guy is unhinged and alarmingly trigger-happy.

Wouldn't it be nice if in Tales of the War #8 we learn that he blew himself and the ship he was on to tiny bits?
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My guess is they'll be Chroniton torpedoes! Since they don't handle Chronitons very well, we're gonna mess with their heads, man!
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Klingon health and safety in the work place: If you're still alive, the explosion wasn't big enough. Go back and try again!

hahahaha. qft.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Beh.

oh of course, because when you are fighting an enemy that can quite literally just appear anywhere at any time, an enemy that by all accounts may very likely wipe out existence as we know it, starfleet regulations will save the day? while planning and testing is always going to be preferable, sometimes it is possible that there just wont be time to do it by the book. it isn't like anything of that nature happened during WWII, everything the allied forces attempted, every action, every build, was planned to the last detail, no shortcuts, no risks, no possible.. 'we aren't sure if this plan will work, or how effective it will be if it does, but we need to do something' moments? there were plenty, the only difference was the scale, and the only thing that really matters is the willingness of those involved to take the risk, and if that risk is worth it.. that's war!

remember, we aren't taking the war to them, they are bringing the war to us.. and that.. that is a whole different thing.
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Seriously, can we have Guroth as a boff with the skill "Extremely High Yield Torpedo"?
    Even you gave it a 1 in 10 chance of exploding on launch and damaging your own ship we'd still want him.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited June 2015

It IS being tested. On Heralds.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    qziqza wrote: »
    remember, we aren't taking the war to them, they are bringing the war to us.. and that.. that is a whole different thing.

And if they were under attack at the time, all that might have meant something given it's die or do it and maybe die.

If not, you risk stuff like this for no freakin' reason.
  • Options
    qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    It IS being tested. On Heralds.

yep that fits with my definition of field testing..

it is in the field.. and it will be tested.. all i need to know!

Yup, i want Guroth on my ship too, on the bridge or the duty roster, i really don't mind, maybe have to increase the hull plating in places of course, but worth the extra effort :::)
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    *gasp* Cluster Quantum confirmed!?

Also I like this, it shows that despite loving a good weapon and bigger booms, which let's face it, most of us do, Guroth isn't just some mindless Klingon, he knows what he is doing.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    *gasp* Cluster Quantum confirmed!?

Also I like this, it shows that despite loving a good weapon and bigger booms, which let's face it, most of us do, Guroth isn't just some mindless Klingon, he knows what he is doing.

It must be our vesta the T6 B'rel attack pattern 6 billion torpedo high yield. Instead of aux cannons we get a super duper torpedo tubed b'rel lol :D See its been promised!
  • Options
    johncampbell07johncampbell07 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Suffice it to say that the Klingon has a valid point, but I sure do appreciate that chance for survival when opportunity strikes. Certainly made me smile though. :)

Of course there is a certain amount of lunatic thrill in this. I can't help but fancy a glorious explosion to end the battle with an Iconian.

Two tubes away, a spatial rupture threatens to form, now comes Blood Wine time. :D

(With apologies to Miller Beer)
  • Options
    oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    that guy is the Klingon version of a gun nut and hey so far everything he's ever tried has worked.. How do know this? He's alive!
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "In a situation where you need backups for your backups, they will probably fail when the EPS fails anyway,"

This guy knows what he's talking about. Transfer Shield Strength III, Emergency Power to Shields III, Ablative Shell trait, Miracle Worker (with Grace under Fire), Rotate Shield Frequency III, a Rechargable Shields Battery (with EPS Manifold Efficiency), Hazard Emitters, Polarize Hull, Reverse Shield Polarity...

... and none of it really matters under Ionic Turbulence or a Solar Gateway.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    johncampbell07johncampbell07 Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »
    My guess is they'll be Chroniton torpedoes! Since they don't handle Chronitons very well, we're gonna mess with their heads, man!

I have one, Epic MK XIV, just for the occasion. A step a head of you. :)
  • Options
    megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This Klingnon, I have much respect for him. And if he wants to I will volunteer my ship for further 'Field Testing.' :cool:
  • Options
    pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "I've increased the yield by 20%."
    "That's good!"
    "Yes, except we can only launch torpedoes within 10 km."
    "So?"
    "The blast radius is 15 km."
    "Glorious!"
    "..."

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,319 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "I've increased the yield by 20%."
    "That's good!"
    "Yes, except we can only launch torpedoes within 10 km."
    "So?"
    "The blast radius is 15 km."
    "Glorious!"
    "..."

Better hope it flies really really slow.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 900 Arc User
    edited June 2015

OSHA is a bad word on Qonos... worse than Romulan Ally.... :D
  • Options
    sharpie65sharpie65 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Ermahgerd!! Uber Quantum Torpedo Launch Tubes of Death(TM), as designed by Guroth the Insane! :D

Seriously though, if he just liked huge explosions WITHOUT knowing how to handle them (or very much else, for that matter) there wouldn't be a Guroth. Period.
    MXeSfqV.jpg
  • Options
    canis36canis36 Member Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My favorite Klingon returns!
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Rule #1: If force isn't a last resort, you haven't resorted to enough force.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.