test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Rock In Talks For Big Trouble In Little China Remake!?!?!

hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Ten Forward
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson is the ho ticket in Hollywood now, and he is doing just about everything.

But do we really need or want a remake of Big trouble in little China?

http://comicbook.com/2015/06/01/the-rock-in-talks-for-big-trouble-in-little-china-remake/
Post edited by hawkwing43 on

Comments

• taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    My God, enough with the remakes.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    This movie in particular needs NO remakes. It captures perfectly a slice of time in Hollywood, a time when ludicrous over-the-top wuxia desperately needed to be crossed over with the Loner With a Heart of Gold stereotype that Kurt Russell played so ably before equally-ably parodying it here.

Yes, Dwayne Johnson can, I think, carry the self-parody thing well enough - but the time has passed. It was then. We don't need it now.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • fatman592fatman592 Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Heh, that movie is hilarious in a terrible way. As long as they make it a comedy, which Johnson would do very well at, it should be a decent movie.

I mean come on, it's totally worth a remake. Everything else gets remade.
  • marcusdkanemarcusdkane Member Posts: 7,439 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I am so sick of remakes :mad:
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    fatman592 wrote: »
    Heh, that movie is hilarious in a terrible way. As long as they make it a comedy, which Johnson would do very well at, it should be a decent movie.

I mean come on, it's totally worth a remake. Everything else gets remade.
    I agree. They'd get bonus points for making the hero a bad guy this time. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Sure Johnson has charisma to spare, but whats the point? The original is still absolutely awesome for what its supposed to be, the cheesy effects and rubber monsters and synthpop a part of that. Remake scifi okay take a really old movie and use modern tech to do all the stuff we couldn't do then, or take an old concept and use it to tell a very different story (the Ghostbusters remake, which looks awful, but at least they're doing it as something different), but remaking a B-movie? So utterly pointless.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I don't much mind the idea of a remake; but The Rock is no Kurt Russell. :(
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    I'll worry about them running out of ideas when they try and remake Super Mario Bros.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    edited June 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'll worry about them running out of ideas when they try and remake Super Mario Bros.
    I can't see how they could make it worse...... I'm sure it's possible, but it's hard to imagine...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Other than the Bob-omb scene the only real redeeming factor of that movie was Daisy.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,362 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I can't see how they could make it worse...... I'm sure it's possible, but it's hard to imagine...
    Dark'n'gritty remake - Mario and Luigi are drug dealing pimps, Daisy's the premiere girl in their stable but she's kidnapped by the leather-and-spike thug known only as "Bowser". The guys sometimes think they have super powers, but only because Luigi's girl Pearl slipped them some of the mushrooms from their stock while trying to engineer an escape from a brutal life of prostitution and physical abuse. Lots of guns.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    jonsills wrote: »
    Dark'n'gritty remake - Mario and Luigi are drug dealing pimps, Daisy's the premiere girl in their stable but she's kidnapped by the leather-and-spike thug known only as "Bowser". The guys sometimes think they have super powers, but only because Luigi's girl Pearl slipped them some of the mushrooms from their stock while trying to engineer an escape from a brutal life of prostitution and physical abuse. Lots of guns.

Wait! Zombies! It has to have zombies! :D
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Wait! Zombies! It has to have zombies! :D

That'd be the Goombas. Homeless sewer dwellers infected with that zombie fungus stuff.
  • mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They oughta remake Dungeons and Dragons...though...I dunno, that's be REALLY hard. It'd be difficult to top the sheer level of ham that Jeremy Irons brought to that film.
    I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
    I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
    edited June 2015
    mimey2 wrote: »
    They oughta remake Dungeons and Dragons...though...I dunno, that's be REALLY hard. It'd be difficult to top the sheer level of ham that Jeremy Irons brought to that film.
    I think they did.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Well, you know what Jack Burton says in a time like this?"
    XzRTofz.gif
  • hawkwing43hawkwing43 Member Posts: 1,701 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    No what does a Jack Burton say?
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Well, you know what Jack Burton says in a time like this?"

"Who?"

/10char
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    "Who?"

/10char

"Jack Burton! MEEEE!"

The original was so goofy, so campy, but so damn cool at the same time. I never looked at Chinatown in San Francisco the same.
    XzRTofz.gif