test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kahless the Fool [House of Pegh]

Comments

• dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Khaless is a classic scifi NPC. Instead of killing the enemy he started Monologuing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDzSc6TYJ24
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    And how much more impressive his actions would have been if he had actually just killed the Iconian already, instead of just standing there, saying how he's gonna kill him! :P

And then they left the sword on the floor. Oniy their most sacred relic and all. Of course, the wisdom of bringing a sword against an Iconian is another matter.
    As Kahless said, it's just a sword. The IDEA behind the sword is why Klingons want it, but the sword itself has no special powers.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm still wondering why he aims for the arm instead of the neck, a dead Iconian sends the message that they aren't invincible better than whacking an arm off.

Hell, the neck looked like it was the easier thing to hit the way the Iconian was laying there.
  • crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    An honourable man, cloned from the dna of his former self, a complete and utter fool when it comes to execution. Located in front of him was a downed Iconian; a perfect attempt to end said foe.

Does he decapitate said Iconian? No. Does he split the body of said Iconian? No. Does he drive his Bat'leth into the chest of said Iconian? No. What does he do? He takes off an arm. The blundering overweight fool probably mistook the arm for a chicken wing or something. :rolleyes:

Seriously, this idiot is suppose to be the iconic Klingon, and he can't even kill a downed opponent without TRIBBLE it up.

I hope this guy winds up on the Barge of the Dead, and not Sto'vo'kor, cause he sure as hell doesn't deserve the blood-wine fueled afterlife.

My thoughts exactly. And even worse, instead of a quick second strike, he stands there and talks. He deserved to die. And whoever screwed up the cloning should be vaporized.
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hartzilla wrote: »
    I'm still wondering why he aims for the arm instead of the neck, a dead Iconian sends the message that they aren't invincible better than whacking an arm off.

Hell, the neck looked like it was the easier thing to hit the way the Iconian was laying there.

Sure, but would it be wise to kill the Iconians anyway? They're the only thing that's keeping all the servitor races in check. Basically, we're facing the same situation at the end of the Dominion War. You can kill the self-proclaimed 'gods', but what will that do with those who serve them?

Not to mention that given their few numbers, killing an Iconian would basically make the killer responsible for genocide.
    My guess is that we'll be looking for other ways to end this conflict, instead of just killing the Iconians. Kahless' comments were strange anyway, he seemed obsessed with just killing something, that can't be an healthy attitude anyway. Even during war.
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    risian4 wrote: »
    My guess is that we'll be looking for other ways to end this conflict, instead of just killing the Iconians. Kahless' comments were strange anyway, he seemed obsessed with just killing something, that can't be an healthy attitude anyway. Even during war.

Had to be, after all there's our character cheering him on.

Right?
  • voivodjevoivodje Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    one of those spooky four-eyes
    You mean six-eyes, right?
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Had to be, after all there's our character cheering him on.

Right?

Not really. I, as a real person, and more important for this discussion, my character would never display that kind of idiotic behaviour, cheering like some caveman while two guys are killing/fighting each other.

Violence may be necessary at times, but I don't want to see my high ranking Starfleet officer to become enthusiastic in such instances. So I'll pretend it never happened. That wasn't my character, must have been an Undine infiltrator or something ;)
    edited June 2015
    Not really. I, as a real person, and more important for this discussion, my character would never display that kind of idiotic behaviour, cheering like some caveman while two guys are killing/fighting each other.

Violence may be necessary at times, but I don't want to see my high ranking Starfleet officer to become enthusiastic in such instances. So I'll pretend it never happened. That wasn't my character, must have been an Undine infiltrator or something ;)

I haven't replayed it, is it possible to ESC out of that cutscene?

Maybe my config is shot, but I've noticed that the game isn't letting skip cut scenes much anymore.
    edited June 2015
    Sure, but would it be wise to kill the Iconians anyway? They're the only thing that's keeping all the servitor races in check. Basically, we're facing the same situation at the end of the Dominion War. You can kill the self-proclaimed 'gods', but what will that do with those who serve them?

I'm not talking about all of them just the one that Kahless was already going to kill anyway.
    Not to mention that given their few numbers, killing an Iconian would basically make the killer responsible for genocide.

No it wouldn't just like McCoy didn't commit genocide by killing the last salt vampire that was trying to kill Kirk. Besides it could only look like genocide if you are killing ALL the Iconians, one Iconian does not the entire race make.

Klingons aren't big on the whole TNG federation hug it out with the genocidal aliens trying to kill you thing becuase defending yourself is barbaric for some reason.
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 728 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hartzilla wrote: »
    Klingons aren't big on the whole TNG federation hug it out with the genocidal aliens trying to kill you thing becuase defending yourself is barbaric for some reason.

Small point

Actually from what T'Mara said, the Iconians do not appear to want genocide. They want to bring the junior races who rebelled under the Iconians rightful rule.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
    edited June 2015
    tancrediiv wrote: »
    Small point

Actually from what T'Mara said, the Iconians do not appear to want genocide. They want to bring the junior races who rebelled under the Iconians rightful rule.

I for one want to hear their offer. It might be worth taking because as it stands now we keep fighting the same guys every decade or so over and over again. If the terms aren't bad, ending that might be worth considering a different form of government.

Wait, they didn't make an offer- just started attacking you say?

Stupid Iconians, they clearly don't understand the concept of ruling much.
    edited June 2015
    tancrediiv wrote: »
    Small point

Actually from what T'Mara said, the Iconians do not appear to want genocide.

Tell that to the Preservers.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I for one want to hear their offer. It might be worth taking because as it stands now we keep fighting the same guys every decade or so over and over again. If the terms aren't bad, ending that might be worth considering a different form of government.
    That's just 'cause the Federation doesn't have the guts to do what it's going to take to end the wars with the Klingons and the Borg permanently. That's regime change in the first case and extermination in the second.

Be it five years from now or five hundred, the Klingon High Council is going to swing right back to the idea that they can distract their people from their own inherent societal problems by blaming everything on the Big Bad Federation. The Klingons' real problem is that they're jealous that the Federation has managed to create an infinitely more stable and prosperous society without needing to fight each other at all than their warrior nobles have managed through force of arms in almost a millennium. And they know that if such a society ever comes about in the Empire, they're out of a job. ;)
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited June 2015

Wait, they didn't make an offer- just started attacking you say?

Stupid Iconians, they clearly don't understand the concept of ruling much.

Ya, they confuse me. They call us "foolish children" (I think is what T'ket said), kill us, then seem more focused on enslaving everyone as their end goal. Not sure where that sort of relationship leads with no Preservers to keep things calm. Just a second.

(My voice yells, "Foolish child. Find the remote and change the channel to American Ninja Warrior!")

What else are kids for....WAIT a darn minute! Is that the plan the Iconians have for us? To be dishwashers and lawn mowers and channel changers?

Fight harder! Kill the Iconians!

• paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    beraht wrote: »
    I think they just watch too much Game of Thrones and wanted their own Red Wedding, for dramas and all that.

I was thinking Kahless was acting like a bad Bond villain myself, wasting time gloating over his foe instead of just getting on with killing him, thereby giving said foe an opportunity to turn the tables.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Iconians are the stereotypical evil overlord alien invaders. They want to enslave us all because its the evil thing to do. After all, its not like a species of their supposed technological superiority could just build robot servants that would be better than organic slaves in every conceivable way. :rolleyes:
  • staq16staq16 Member Posts: 1,181 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The whole thing's theatrics - got to go with the idea that Pegh had prior intel on T'ket's presence, meaning Kahless tagged along with his namesake's sword in the hope of a direct confrontation. But morale, and therefore theatrics, have their place in war. From a Klingon perspective, Kahless succeeded - proving that the Iconians can be hurt badly by a mortal with an ancient weapon; the old line "if it bleeds, we can kill it" springs to mind.

I'd also not be too hard on Kahless for only maiming the Iconian. They look like they've got an exoskeleton - he might have decided the only productive option was to strike at a joint which meant going for the arm while T'ket was disoriented (having previously been hammering away ineffectually). It doesn't explain the fatal pontificating, but that's a pan-genre issue.

Kahless knows his combat skills - real or simulated - are archaic and in most ways irrelevant. But he dies doing what he was created to do; setting an inspirational example to Klingons.

And anyway. MY Fed Admiral is a Klingon, so it's entirely appropriate he'd be cheering Kahless on :D.
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I haven't read through all the replies, but my take on this is that Kahless actually wanted to die - in a last glorious (and inspirational) battle - because nothing is worse for a Klingon than dying of old age. Kor is another example of a Klingon who chose to leave the stage this way.

"Savor the fruit of life, my young friends. It has a sweet taste when it is fresh from the vine. But don't live too long. The taste turns bitter... after a time." - Dahar Master Kor
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    exactly and being a clone who knows how long his life expectancy is he could of been dieing for all we know

i had no issues as he did more then take off an arm. look at her head after the blow? she is missing a horn and has "scarring" on her face. so he was aiming for the head she just blocked the blow with her arm and deflected it slightly
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
    edited June 2015
    I haven't read through all the replies, but my take on this is that Kahless actually wanted to die

There were better ways to die than by the hand of one's own stupidity.

If he had been buying time for something important perhaps (like our escape). But no, he charges in and spends all his time bragging about how awesome he is instead.

I'd liked being made into a War Criminal in the old romulan arc better than being forced to cheer this inane foolishness.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    A thing to consider... Khaless is an old man.
    Maybe his monologuing is just his attempt to catch some breath before he can deliver another blow with sufficient strength?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • nulonunulonu Member Posts: 507 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    How was there even a fight when the first Iconian we saw vaporized an entire group of Klingons with a wave of it's hand? Suddenly it forgot it could do that when some Klingon comes knocking with a little knife? Mission was good up to there, then it lost me, Omega energy or not.
    edited June 2015
    A thing to consider... Khaless is an old man.
    Maybe his monologuing is just his attempt to catch some breath before he can deliver another blow with sufficient strength?

You don't catch your breath by expelling it in a loud windbag speech.
    edited June 2015
    nulonu wrote: »
    How was there even a fight when the first Iconian we saw vaporized an entire group of Klingons with a wave of it's hand? Suddenly it forgot it could do that when some Klingon comes knocking with a little knife? Mission was good up to there, then it lost me, Omega energy or not.

I doubt this specific Iconian was a really a combatant. I think she was their version of the little female lab rat with glasses who suddenly got jumped by a fat Klingon mugger. Think Abby from NCIS.

Which doesn't reflect well on Kahless in any case.
    edited June 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    As per 'Sphere of Influence', we do at least know that they intend to put 'servants' to work, with a view of terraforming Iconia.

To quote the exact selection of text from said episode:

Ya, knew this. My questions were in the vein of comic rhetorical. I am mildly amused the Iconians were this overlord power over all the junior races but they gave those races leave to have sufficient ability to bombard Iconia to ash. Now they want to do it again.

Where are our writers! Bring them before us now!:mad:

edited June 2015
    I haven't read through all the replies, but my take on this is that Kahless actually wanted to die - in a last glorious (and inspirational) battle - because nothing is worse for a Klingon than dying of old age. Kor is another example of a Klingon who chose to leave the stage this way.

"Savor the fruit of life, my young friends. It has a sweet taste when it is fresh from the vine. But don't live too long. The taste turns bitter... after a time." - Dahar Master Kor

Unless of course, said Klingon warrior is just so darn good as a warrior the whole of his life he wins every time so makes it to old age. I am THAT warrior! J'mpok said so. :D

• mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    You don't catch your breath by expelling it in a loud windbag speech.

Klingons with all their redundant organs maybe do? :p
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015

Hell, even my KDF character wouldn't have been cheering. My Lethean was going, "Oy, ya stupid git! Get the f*ck out of the way so I can just shoot him, ya moron!"
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    edited June 2015
    starswordc wrote: »
    Hell, even my KDF character wouldn't have been cheering. My Lethean was going, "Oy, ya stupid git! Get the f*ck out of the way so I can just shoot him, ya moron!"

Given his girth, that's asking for a lot of movement from that old of a Klingon...