test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Who is Your Voice Actor/Actress?

Comments

• jake477jake477 Member Posts: 526 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have to go with Chris O'Donnell for mine, our voices match if he acted the same way as he does in NCIS LA. A close second would be Ryan Reynolds who played Green Lanturn but has tons of potential. That's if I was a good guy.

If I was a Bad Guy I have to go with Benedict Comberbatch.

I play a young Romulan named Tomalak, older Tomalak is of course be played by the actor himself or the evil guy from The Fugitive
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "This planet smells, it must be the Klingons"
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rtk142 wrote: »
    ...Guinevere Verlona, Half Human/Half Vulcan female - Kerry Condon...

I remember Kerry well from Rome, and she does have a great voice. I was pleased to hear her's as Friday in Avengers Age of Ultron. She doesn't have a lot of lines, but the few we hear play well as a dedicated "secretary" (of sorts) for Tony, with just the right mix of efficiency and sexiness. I hope we hear her again in future IM appearances (Civil War, Infinity Wars, etc).

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • moonshadowdarkmoonshadowdark Member Posts: 1,899 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Captain Elijah Lowe: Wil Wheaton (I based his entire character off of the man himself. Nerdy captains rule.)

K'pal, Daughter of Rogh: Michelle Rodriguez (My favorite action heroine in movies. I really wish she didn't die so much. T^T)

Dvox Rhirrion: Ty Burrell (Dude just looks like a Romulan.)
    "A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP"

-Leonard Nimoy, RIP
  • rtk142rtk142 Member Posts: 613 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Captain Elijah Lowe: Wil Wheaton (I based his entire character off of the man himself. Nerdy captains rule.)

K'pal, Daughter of Rogh: Michelle Rodriguez (My favorite action heroine in movies. I really wish she didn't die so much. T^T)

Dvox Rhirrion: Ty Burrell (Dude just looks like a Romulan.)

Oh. My. FSM those are AWESOME choices all around. I LOVE the thought of Michelle Rodriguez as a Klingon. Cryptic, put the idea in the heads of any CBS/Paramount people you know so we can make it happen please.
    bridges.jpg
    Let us upgrade the Seleya Ceremonial Lirpa and Kri'stak Blade
  • gorillachopsgorillachops Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Great Idea for a thread!

...but I've got to think about this a little. Will post more tomorrow.

*puts thinking cap on*
    :D
    giphy.gif
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If your primary online persona was slated to be voiced by a famous actor/actress, who would it be?

Willard the Rat, Federation-aligned Klingon Scientist: Robert Downey, Jr. (Tony Stark meets Sherlock Holmes)
    Meena, Ferasan Tac Officer: Alex Kingston (wanting to be like Sigourney Weaver in Alien)

VirusDancer, Forum Guy: Ben Stiller ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ-8IuUkJJc )
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    edited June 2015
    Well... for my main... probably Jewel Staite, aka Kaylee from Firefly or Dr. Jennifer Keller from Stargate Atlantis.

For my other characters...
    Roll Cas'ket (Pho Orion Fed Engie): Probably... Jewel Staite again
    "Blaze the Cat" M'Ress: Amanda Tapping (Carter from Stargate SG-1)
    Ashe Taln (Andorian): Either Rachel Luttrell (Teyla from Stargate Atlantis) or Jennifer Hale
    Saria Kiri (Romulan): Jennifer Hale
    Fali Cas'ket (KDF Orion): The Voice Actor who does Yang from RWBY

This is not counting my 2 Delta recruits either. Just my main and primary alts.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Me.
    Can I have a job please, Bort?

EDIT

Also, for the redo of Kurland, I suggest Conan O'Brien.
    I need a beer.

• timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    for my main federation andorian "TIME", i tend to imagine him speaking with the voice of keith david http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0202966/?ref_=nv_sr_1 he has a wonderful voice and was the actual voice of goliath in the animated series gargoyles all those years ago.. :cool:
  • djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For Capt. Dennis Xaivier--aka DJX--the top three voice actors I would probably choose would be either Mark Hamil, Richard Epcar, or Tony Oliver. Sort of thinking along the anime thing on this one.
    Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For my female toons, anyone capable of doing a decent English accent so "I" sounds more like me, would be fine...

In the very unlikely event of my ever playing a male toon...

Iggy Pop...
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hmmm.. very difficult to decide.. I'd say either Scarlett Johansson, Lucy Liu or Uma Thurman for all my online/video game/forum personae. I remember that I even created a little animation some years ago to test Lucys and Umas voice for two characters I created in Poser 5 and it turned out well .. https://vid.me/e/2RYS .. :)
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • milandaremilandare Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Matt Frewer = Max Headroom / Dr. Leekie of Orphan Black
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Theodore Sevrin - Anthony Anderson who played a character on THE SHIELD. his voice over would suit Theodore quite well, both enjoying his antagonising an enemy, joking and having fun.

T'Sara - Roxanne Dawson who did STAR TREK work as Torres is straight out confidence, thats the voice over that would be perfect, would be excellent for the perculiar T'Sara and her strong links to the Klingons despite being completely Romulan.

Three of Ten - Jeremy Randall :D. "Kurland here", is his best known work but the voice acting suits the former male borg drone.

K'ella - Gina Torres would make a fine voice over for K'Ella.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    Ah! I didn't even think of Lord Lannister. Should have, because that's a great actor with a perfect voice (and even sort of looks like Vetinari). >google< Oh, my... There's a TV movie with Mr. Dance as Lord Vetinari?!? I didn't know! Will have to check that out. Thanks!

Colour of Magic / Light Fantastic, Going Postal, and Hogfather so far.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jivedutchjivedutch Member Posts: 357 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I've actually always read Vetinari with the voice of Alan Rickman. In my mind, it always fit so perfectly. But more Snape than Hans Gruber, all dark and deliberate.

While he's a nice voice for the Patrician .... he's already been given a real face ....

http://www.imdb.com/character/ch0160533/
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1079959/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwOowHV88wQ

I think he pulls off the intonations and hidden undercurrents in most of Vetinari's speeches marvelously ...

As for my own main Ferengi ...... on the fence abit on the fence deciding ...
    Sometimes i hear "myself" as the original Quark , but with a deeper tone of John Rhys Davies as Gimli ....
  • adamkafeiadamkafei Member Posts: 6,539 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For Kayleigh, I think Britt Robertson would do great, I can put her voicing of Cassie Blake (See the Secret Circle) perfectly to Kay, then again, a bit like Garret Wang, she's a great actress but I don't think she's ever done voice acting...

For Lily though... Someone with more fire, definitely English, beyond that I'm open to suggestions.
    ZiOfChe.png?1
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Frank Welker.

Aka "way too many different people to count".

His Megatron, without the Vocoder, would probably fit my main (who's a trill-host from the mirror verse), and I can almost hear at least one of my Borg with the Soundwave voice.

Heck, hire this man for at most a week and you can have VOs for most every male player type in the game and maybe even half of the ladies...

Though if it were possible I wouldn't mind getting the late Christopher Latta to be the Borg voice to go as my Executive to the Welker-voiced main. For reasons...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Bruce Willis or the Batman voice
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Hmm, I'd say Laura Bailey would likely best suit the main character I tend to have in most games/fandoms, personality and voice wise.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    (prepare your butts, dub anime voice actors presented in this post)

Geller, my Fed main(Ferengi): David Kaye

Razra, my KDF main (Klingon/human): Laura Bailey

Sydra, my main Romulan: Lisa Oritz

Not doing my other 45 characters here, nor my BOFFs.
  • antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    An'riel feels very Jennifer Hale a lot of the time. Romulan, older, commando.
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • mercury80mercury80 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For my Male toons i'd have to go with Raul Julia and the late great James Doohan. For female toons yet another addams family actress, Anjelica huston
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I <3 Jennifer Hale.
    She's amazing at her job. One of the best in the biz. Makes her characters very believable.
    She could do VO for my female sci anyday.

FemShep4Life.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Mar
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • grandnaguszek1grandnaguszek1 Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    For male I'd go with Bertie Carval (the male imperial agent VA in swtor). His humor is so deadpan.
    say-star-wars-is-better.jpg
  • gorillachopsgorillachops Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If we are, by some divine provenance, to be given voice overs for our characters, you'd be talking about LONG term contracts as well as many "Hey, are you busy right now?" kind of relationships. I've never played any other MMO before, but it would seem that Episode Arcs would be a priority for full voice work. Players might have a selection of up to 10 different voices to choose for their avatar. A tad excessive you might think, but if chosen wisely, the same versatile performers could also provide a wealth of additional NPCs dialogues.

For Lizzy (in avatar below), i'd be delighted with Kelly Macdonald (Trainspotting, Brave). I think there's patience and great affection in her voice, yet power to command without it being forced.

For Tuvik (Romulan main) Idris Elba (The Wire). This requires no explanation. At all. There is no substitute.

For Shastrada (Orion female), it might be a good deal of fun to go for a real 'caustic' Australian accent, but then I remembered by global mandate to ensure that Lindsay Duncan appears in everything. Yep, she should just be cast in everything from now on.

I'd suggest my other 20-something alts, but you just said they mains.
    giphy.gif
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I have no idea what VO my FED main (Zhang) would have, but I have a rough idea of who should voice some of my BOffs:

Cmdr. Thomas Richardson, XO - Nathan Fillion

Lt. Cmdr. Christine Barber, Tactical Officer - Caitlin Glass
    (Haruhi Fujioka from english dub of Ouran High School Host Club)

Lt. Cmdr. Corat Remara, Science Officer - Vic Mignogna
    (Tamaki Suoh from eng dub of Ouran)
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • fisheye1fisheye1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    starswordc wrote: »
    I've wanted Kanril Eleya to be voiced by Jennifer Hale since the day I started writing down her adventures. Brokosh is Murphy Guyer (as the voice of Ammon Jerro from Neverwinter Nights 2), Morgaiah t'Thavrau is Dina Meyer, and Tyria Sark is Archie Panjabi.
    That would mean Morgan's voiced by the girl who did thishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDewNYMDpuA HBO promo back in the late 80s.
  • cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    edited June 2015