test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any Chance for this ship in STO?

luckychuckyluckychucky Member Posts: 53 Arc User
it's a fantastic FED Cruiser from Star Trek Armada 3

http://media.moddb.com/images/articles/1/175/174272/auto/full_speed_by_trekmodeler-d893f4v.jpg

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/22/21329/STA3_Polaris.jpg

Can we get this thing here in the game ... maybe as T6 Assault Cruiser?

Please!!! :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ... IST MIR ZU SCHWER ... UND ICH WILL NICHT
Post edited by luckychucky on

Comments

• luckychuckyluckychucky Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As Armada 3 is only a Fan Mod so I don't think it's an official licence ship. In this case it can be easier for PWE to get the licence of the Ship from its Designers without a big $ Company $ behind them.

I thought the Design of the Odyssey was also bought from Cryptic in similiar circumstances. And it is a very successful Ship over Years.

Maybe there is also the chance for the Polaris Class cruiser in STO ... I will never lose the hope.. :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] ... IST MIR ZU SCHWER ... UND ICH WILL NICHT
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    As far as know, Cryptic never wanted to acquire fan designs ever again due to the enormous trouble the Oddyssey brought with it.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I thought the Design of the Odyssey was also bought from Cryptic in similiar circumstances. And it is a very successful Ship over Years.
    The Odyssey was from a CBS contest - just like the Titan/Luna was - and CBS ends up owning the ship via the rules of the Contest. The Odyssey is now CBS' to use or not use. It really has nothing to do with licensing something someone else does.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • drreverenddrreverend Member Posts: 459 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    The Odyssey was from a CBS contest - just like the Titan/Luna was - and CBS ends up owning the ship via the rules of the Contest. The Odyssey is now CBS' to use or not use. It really has nothing to do with licensing something someone else does.

Which is incidentally probably why some of the ships in Star Trek: Alien Domain look kind of familiar.

Though I like the Klingon character in that link's outfit and hair. Wouldn't mind seeing that in-game. :)
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    As far as know, Cryptic never wanted to acquire fan designs ever again due to the enormous trouble the Oddyssey brought with it.

The hassle of licensing was I believe not due to the Oddy, but due to the Vesta. And that was when everyone involved was interested in making a deal and the ship design was even made for licensed material.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    drreverend wrote: »
    Which is incidentally probably why some of the ships in Star Trek: Alien Domain look kind of familiar.

Though I like the Klingon character in that link's outfit and hair. Wouldn't mind seeing that in-game. :)

Few of those ships do seem a little Cryptic-esque :P
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    It is a nice ship to look at when I play some Armada 3, but I doubt it will be coming to STO any time soon. :(
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That is one pretty ship.

Dev's take note thats how you design a fed starship.
    edited June 2015
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Few of those ships do seem a little Cryptic-esque :P

No kiddin'. :D
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The Atlas and Goliath would make for some nice alternate skins for the Prometheus, or a larger cousin of it in some future Specialization.

And the Petra design looks pretty flexible (depending on how large it is in-game; which I'm assuming would probably be the size of the Odyssey/Stellar or Typhoon) would look nice as a Heavy Science "Cruiser" (4/3 or 4/4 with SA and Secondary Deflector and Cruiser turn rates) or as an alternate Typhoon design (though I'd still want double nacelles like the Typhoon's topside as an alternate option; similar to the Avenger having top nacelles or bottom nacelles as options between it's C-Store and Fleet variant).

On the subject of ships I'd like to see in-game but probably never will due to licensing issues, is the Achilles-class. A dedicated battleship with quantum micro-torpedo volleys.
    edited June 2015
    The Atlas and Goliath would make for some nice alternate skins for the Prometheus, or a larger cousin of it in some future Specialization.

And the Petra design looks pretty flexible (depending on how large it is in-game; which I'm assuming would probably be the size of the Odyssey/Stellar or Typhoon) would look nice as a Heavy Science "Cruiser" (4/3 or 4/4 with SA and Secondary Deflector and Cruiser turn rates) or as an alternate Typhoon design (though I'd still want double nacelles like the Typhoon's topside as an alternate option; similar to the Avenger having top nacelles or bottom nacelles as options between it's C-Store and Fleet variant).

On the subject of ships I'd like to see in-game but probably never will due to licensing issues, is the Achilles-class. A dedicated battleship with quantum micro-torpedo volleys.

The Atlas and Goliath are awfully close to the Hephaestus-class (the Fleet Prometheus skin).
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That looks like something you could almost kitbash out of the Sovereign.
    edited June 2015
    That looks like something you could almost kitbash out of the Sovereign.
    If going by the Pathfinder, Guardian,and Andromeda styles, the Polaris design could closely be emulated in a future T6 Sovereign. In fact, the Guardian shares a fair bit of design elements; from the slightly triangular deflector dish to the distinct hull <_> shape, and the Polaris also shares the raised triangular section on the saucer.

So I guess we see what a possible T6 Sovereign would look like; if they keep to the newer 2410 designs of the Andromeda, Pathfinder, and Guardian.
    The Atlas and Goliath are awfully close to the Hephaestus-class (the Fleet Prometheus skin).
    Close, but less greebly or detailed (whichever term you want to use). The Hephaestus skin is a little too clean for its more military-oriented look. I especially do like the Goliath's double razor edge thing going on in the saucer section.
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Honestly, the fan design I want to see is the Insignia. Though the Andromeda captures its essence in a top view.
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    OH HELL NO! Yeah nice try with the doctored decrapified JJ Universe Vengence . It's a stupid awful JJ Trek ship and has no business even remotely being in Star Trek Online! I for one will boycott this game and spam FB with boycott STO if stuff from JJ Trk shows up in this game no matter how decrapified or doctored. Oh yeah that ALien Defiece game yeah JJ Trek to the max!
  • nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    OH HELL NO! Yeah nice try with the doctored decrapified JJ Universe Vengence . It's a stupid awful JJ Trek ship and has no business even remotely being in Star Trek Online! I for one will boycott this game and spam FB with boycott STO if stuff from JJ Trk shows up in this game no matter how decrapified or doctored. Oh yeah that ALien Defiece game yeah JJ Trek to the max!

I changed my mind! We don't need the Insignia. We need the Vengeance, and the 2009 Constitution, and the 2009 Kelvin. All at once. As a 3-pack. With stats good enough that all the competitive DPSers are flying them.
  • cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    ssbn655 wrote: »

I vote we add it just so this random realises how un-noticed his attempts would actually go because literally nobody will notice the rantings of one person, but it would be a good lesson for him :P

That being said the ship isn't that pretty so i probably wouldn't fly it
  • eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Alien Domain's Heron-class is basically STO's Gladius-class.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    cypherous wrote: »
    I vote we add it just so this random realises how un-noticed his attempts would actually go because literally nobody will notice the rantings of one person, but it would be a good lesson for him :P

That being said the ship isn't that pretty so i probably wouldn't fly it

I agree! Just because of their post I now want the JJ Uniform Pack, and the JJ Enterprise.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    edited June 2015
    nadiezja wrote: »
    I changed my mind! We don't need the Insignia. We need the Vengeance, and the 2009 Constitution, and the 2009 Kelvin. All at once. As a 3-pack. With stats good enough that all the competitive DPSers are flying them.
    I'm all for a full-sized Vengeance (around 1450m; almost as long as a Jupiter going by the STO Wiki chart). And a JJ-Connie (because it's not the original; being slightly longer than a Galaxy). And the JJ-Kelvin, because it's also slightly longer than a Galaxy.

The Vengeance will definitly need to come with two consoles: One that lets it fire off two spheres capable of firing torpedoes and beams while they travel towards their target and continue to chase them until 15 seconds has elapsed (basically acting like miniature Borg spheres; rotating as they fire and travel), as well as another console that allows for torpedo broadsides and forward volleys (firing points on the saucer shown here) that is a combination of the Polaron Barrage and the Micromissile assault of the Pilot ships (a continuous rain of hellfire with large AoE).

All 3 better have the admittedly neat warp out animation AND come with exclusive VR Pulsed Phasers with [CrtD]x2 [CrtH] (Phaser versions of the Vaadwaur Polarons).

And exclusive to the bundle would be the JJ-Prise Bridge and Vengeance Bridge, the KHAN!!! emote, the entire JJ Fed Uniforms (including their "Klingon" trader wear, the white Medical wear, and the JJ S31 uniforms used by the Vengeance crew). KDF won't get left behind, they'd also get the Klingon armor used in ST: Into Darkness, and the Thriller Dance. Romulans would just have to make do with the Thriller Dance and either the Fed wear or the Klingon wear, depending on faction alliance.

Cryptic can have my 6000; I'd mainly buy the pack for the Pulsed Phasers, torpedo barrages, and a new massive battleship. The rest would just be icing on the cake.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »

that was an epic disaster that contest, design an enterprise-e contest. the problem that caused them never to do it again is that it was North America only, not only did some of the best designs by players from around the world get ignored by they are not based in camada and the united states, but it caused an almighty ruckus. on top of that from my end i will never forgive cryptic for it either, neither will i ever endorse the oddy in any shape or form to do so would be like saying cryptic was right for doing such a thing which i will never allow.

so fan productions like that i dont see happening twice.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    that was an epic disaster that contest, design an enterprise-e contest. the problem that caused them never to do it again is that it was North America only, not only did some of the best designs by players from around the world get ignored by they are not based in camada and the united states, but it caused an almighty ruckus. on top of that from my end i will never forgive cryptic for it either, neither will i ever endorse the oddy in any shape or form to do so would be like saying cryptic was right for doing such a thing which i will never allow.

so fan productions like that i dont see happening twice.
    Cryptic had it as US/Canada only for legal reasons.... and clearly stated so. I don't understand why people thought they could enter from elsewhere. All of the people who got DQed were DQed for reasons that were no surprise to anyone who'd read the rules.

But yeah, I don't think they're interested in doing it again simply due to all the whining that came about from it. That and I suspect they were disappointed in the results. Some of the submissions were IMO rather boring and somewhat uncreative.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • decroniadecronia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    reyan01 wrote: »
    LOL at the Asteria. Looks like what might happen if an Intrepid and a Nova got fruity! :D

Trust you to see that. Now I do too, but you had to see it first. You and your Nova thing. :D
  • dongemaharudongemaharu Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    That ship in the OP is stunning. The secondary hull gives it quite a bit of heft. The front near the deflector makes it look somewhat threatening. The flat saucer is reminiscent of the Excelcior, giving it a slightly retro feel. I love it.
    edited June 2015
    Cryptic had it as US/Canada only for legal reasons.... and clearly stated so. I don't understand why people thought they could enter from elsewhere. All of the people who got DQed were DQed for reasons that were no surprise to anyone who'd read the rules.

But yeah, I don't think they're interested in doing it again simply due to all the whining that came about from it. That and I suspect they were disappointed in the results. Some of the submissions were IMO rather boring and somewhat uncreative.

water in the bridge for reasons, i could say this or that but hindsight is a useless thing to me, the mistake is made you cant go back to change it from anything you learned since. so whatever the reasons were, its old news.

the whining was one of the greatest causes for sure, i was there watching the whole thing spiral out of control, a few month wait and out of all the entrants that ugly oddy gets picked. even after that, it was a bloody slaughter.

what i mentioned back then i will bring forward today and the opinion is the same, trek was about freedom, choice, quality of life, openingness and understanding. cryptic failed to take into account what the game was fully about back then. it has not changed much, but not everything revolves around starfleet / usa all the time, its one group in between equals.
    edited June 2015
    it's a fantastic FED Cruiser from Star Trek Armada 3

http://media.moddb.com/images/articles/1/175/174272/auto/full_speed_by_trekmodeler-d893f4v.jpg

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/22/21329/STA3_Polaris.jpg

Can we get this thing here in the game ... maybe as T6 Assault Cruiser?

Please!!! :D

the particle dish and deflect area and the front neck section looks like a trireme front end : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olympias_(trireme)
  • spyralpegacyonspyralpegacyon Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I'm all for a full-sized Vengeance (around 1450m; almost as long as a Jupiter going by the STO Wiki chart). And a JJ-Connie (because it's not the original; being slightly longer than a Galaxy). And the JJ-Kelvin, because it's also slightly longer than a Galaxy.

So Nero made ships eleventy times bigger just by showing up?
    tumblr_n1hmq4Xl7S1rzu2xzo2_400.gif
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited June 2015

That Stellar-class (last row) is a straight up Odyssey clone.
  • dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Looks great. Like a cross between a duck and my *Bleep*. Very pretty....