test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Constant Crashes on Voth Ground Battlezone

13»

Comments

• terodorterodor Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We understand that you are still encountering a game crash issue. Please try to "Force verify" the client files by following the short guide we've outlined below:

1. Shutdown your PC and wait for a few minutes before restarting it.
    2. Shutdown all non-essential (including browsers, downloaders, instant messengers, gaming related software) applications running on your PC.
    3. Launch the game via Arc.
    4. Click the "Options" link located at the upper-right corner of the launcher.
    5. Check the option "Force verify".
    6. Click the "Save" button.

At this point, the launcher will manually check each file against the server, and if it finds any discrepancy, it will download the correct file. After this process is completed, please login to the game and test if it is working as intended now.

If the issue persists, try to do 'Safe Mode' to check the graphics settings on your system.

To do 'Safe Mode' please do the following:

1. Open your Star Trek Online game launcher
    2. Click on the Options button at the top of the launcher screen
    3. Scroll to 'Game' and check the 'Safe mode' box
    4. Then click 'Save' button

Then try to access it again. This will actually lower the graphic settings on your system to check its capacity.
  • cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    terodor wrote: »
    We understand that you are still encountering a game crash issue. Please try to "Force verify" the client files by following the short guide we've outlined below:

1. Shutdown your PC and wait for a few minutes before restarting it.
    2. Shutdown all non-essential (including browsers, downloaders, instant messengers, gaming related software) applications running on your PC.
    3. Launch the game via Arc.
    4. Click the "Options" link located at the upper-right corner of the launcher.
    5. Check the option "Force verify".
    6. Click the "Save" button.

At this point, the launcher will manually check each file against the server, and if it finds any discrepancy, it will download the correct file. After this process is completed, please login to the game and test if it is working as intended now.

If the issue persists, try to do 'Safe Mode' to check the graphics settings on your system.

To do 'Safe Mode' please do the following:

1. Open your Star Trek Online game launcher
    2. Click on the Options button at the top of the launcher screen
    3. Scroll to 'Game' and check the 'Safe mode' box
    4. Then click 'Save' button

Then try to access it again. This will actually lower the graphic settings on your system to check its capacity.

Who is "we"

I've already verified my game cache multiple times and my GPU is hardly underpowered to run this game >.>

For reference i have an R9 270x and i dont use the Arc version i play from steam
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Getting more and more crashes in Voth ground battlezones.
    Now i'm not even able to play with the character anymore because everytime it tries to load the zone (where i CtD last time with that character) the game crashes.

Seriously, i'm super annoyed right now.
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • alslayralslayr Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I keep getting kicked at Dyson Sphere Control. Yesterday I couldn't log in until I ran a verify all files.

I am also upset to see Cryptic isn't aware of this issue since it is not in the notes for tomorrow's patch.
  • yreodredyreodred Member Posts: 3,527 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The evil thing about it is that it crashes directly mostly after killing a BOSS dino at the end but before you get the marks, so all the work was for nothing... :mad:
    "...'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' ... The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged. I fear that today--" - (TNG) Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie

A tale of two Picards
    (also applies to Star Trek in general)
  • khhawkeskhhawkes Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Still having this issue. This is getting very un-fun.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well the most recent patch did nothing. Still crashing every time I'm in Outskirts.
  • mdelvinmdelvin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, once again, crash, verify, safe, crash, verify, safe, crash......See a pattern ?

So, I load the character (delta this time...)same thing. Now I can't get him off the battleground...

So...next suggestion ?

Perhaps test it and find out why people are crashing all of a sudden after Season 10... <--Clue

At what point is cryptic going to admit they have a problem and stop pushing it off on the players as something that is wrong with them not the game ?
  • mdelvinmdelvin Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    and a related bug :)....Since the crash, now apparently My start date is May of this year...pardon ?
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    I was able to get this crash to happen. It looks like something in the FX system is not playing well with others. At least I know which crash to point to as the problem.

Thanks for the reports. Sorry this took so long to respond.
    STO QA Team
  • rikwesselsrikwessels Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I was able to get this crash to happen. It looks like something in the FX system is not playing well with others. At least I know which crash to point to as the problem.

the same type of crash to desktop also occurs in second mission of Breen story-arc ( out in the cold ) in the mine section .

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1444991
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Please everyone file a ticket with PWE. https://support.arcgames.com/

Please read this and all the other threads about this subject, or don't reply at all.

fragthar wrote: »
    Normally, using the support portal would be a good suggestion. You posted that reply in the 'Gameplay Bug Reports' section of this forum however while suggesting people do not reply at all.

People have filled countless support tickets on the subject. Suggesting this again is pointless... and it also implies that this thread is pointless as well, which is nonsense, which makes your reply pointless, too.
    keiham wrote: »
    Reading what fragthar said is not counterproductive, as they are pointing out a there is a problem system that requires fixing.

If they wanted to be counterproductive, they could have just not mentioned the problem at all.

...and yours too.

yay.
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    <tinhat>And it get fixed right after the dilithium week !!!</tinhat>
  • roninfelroninfel Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rifter1969 wrote: »
    I got this last night too.

Went to the Outskirts transporter from the Command Center.
    Had just under 2 minutes before the zone reset.

Waited at the transporter for the Voth to spawn.. as soon as they did me and my away team started to fire, crash.

Logged back in... as the game was loading.. splash screen that says what area it loads up... crashed again. Never even made it into game.

Logged on again... this time got back to the Outskirts transported area.. only 2 Voth were there and was able to defeat them.

Did missions in the Park and City... no other problems from the battlezone

Yep this is exactly what is happening to me too. Makes it so fun to finish the mission where you need to claim two points in the outskirts.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Better late than never. Thanks for the heads up. Maybe I can return to the Voth Battlezone some day soon.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I'm NOT getting constant crashes in the DBZ, even in the outskirts at the transporter pad, but...

I have noticed significant amounts of lagspike when voth spawn at the pad or in the vrex silo area, I suspect this is some dx-11 bad shader update, as you suggested, with the FX.

I run my game in dx9ex, and i start in windowed, then max window size AFTER the bad dx-11 shader season logo load page, and un-max before quitting.

Also, the breen arc mission that people complain ab out, for c rashes while fighting the end boss in the dilith mine, again no crashes here but significant lagspikes.

Definately looks like a bad shader on some transparency enabled FX or scenic background element.
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • psychickittypsychickitty Member Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey sorry if this might sound like a weird question.....

But could all of you on this thread getting the crashes....

Could you post if this is happening more during high player time......also if you have a lot of chat channels you might be subscribed to in game....

and also......if any of you notice if you are getting a lot of zone announcements when this happens....

I have this odd theory about the issue.....related to possible chat channel overloads causing this....as in another game cryptic used to have...also had this same issue.....

oh and before anyone asks...yes this would corrupt the location data and other things on your character as the crashes and slowdowns due to the issue would cause the game to lose other data and as such you would get a startup error or illegal load-up....to even appearing inside objects when you start your game up again you may even get a crash either right at the cryptic load or even the character select screen.

Power without Perception is Spiritually useless and therefore of no true value.

=^_^=

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rikwessels wrote: »
    the same type of crash to desktop also occurs in second mission of Breen story-arc ( out in the cold ) in the mine section .

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1444991

Yep I can concur - my PC became an STO crash a matic on that map when I was running the mission for my delta recruit.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited May 2015

The feedback is much appreciated :)
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • jerran75jerran75 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Mine started crashing about a week ago on the Voth ground battlezone. Now it's crashing whenever I try to load the character out in sector space.
  • wilq66wilq66 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It started two days ago - constant crashes in the outskirts at the transporter pad.
  • darrenh666darrenh666 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not been to the ground battlezone for a while, but today I visited and had a string of crashes, all at different locations. Makes the zone unplayable for me :(
  • bogardanbogardan Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This needs to be fixed ASAP. It's actually possible to crash in a place where your character litterally cannot be logged back in to, thus rendering the character unplayable! [Edit] Main character now inaccessible. I would suggest people stay away from the voth battleground untill this is fixed. [/edit] [edit2] I just managed to log back in and beam out before it crashed me. Whew..[/edit2]
  • muldecmuldec Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Adding my voice to the thread.
    Crash in the outskirts around the transporter.
  • slachanceslachance Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Still getting kicked from battleground.... needs to be fixed

as for the people who hypothesize that it is an issue on the players end due to ISP or hardware or cache or drivers....

My ISP : speed is 6 MB/s download broadband connection

Motherboard : Asrock N68C-GS FX

HDD : Western Digital Black WD5003AZEX 500GB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

CPU : AMD FX 8 core model 8320E 16 MB cache black edition 3.2 GHz base over-clockable to 5.0 GHz

Graphics card: Asus Geforce GTX 960 4GB GDDR5 ram

RAM : G.Skill DDR3-1600 4096 MB X 2 (8 Gigs)

Audio : X-Fi Bravura 7.1

DVD ROM : 6X DVD-ROM

Directx : 11

Virtual memory set to minimum 10 GB Maximum 15 GB

Running Xfast LAN program for faster internet

Cache cleared, all drivers are up to date

I think I meet the minimum requirements to play STO....

I have played with all of the graphics setting in game setting everything to low/off and playing with the DX9... didn't fix the issue with dyson but sure did make everything ugly as hell.

I have even gone as far as to delete the game and reinstall so that instead of having patch-work program I have a solid single download... 16 GBs downloaded later and nope not fixed

The first step to fixing a problem is accepting that there is a problem, so how about let's start accepting the fact that there is a problem with STO coding causing these issues
  • bogbotbogbot Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kurai72 wrote: »
    Thank you for the suggestion. :)

I was in the outskirts during the crashes, but decided to try some things on my end. I lowered the graphic sliders to half, since the crashes seemed to be happening most frequently while using orbital devastation coupled with the secondary firing mode of the fluidic antiproton wrist lance. No crashes so far (***knocks on wood and crosses fingers***).

crash no mater what i use - moreso in the outskirts i seem to crash out there lots more times to the point of annoying
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I crash to desktop in the outskscerts every time I am about to kill the General and crew. Also most anywhere in outskirts.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    otisnoble wrote: »
    I crash to desktop in the outskscerts every time I am about to kill the General and crew. Also most anywhere in outskirts.

Yup, i realised this was the issue after a page or so, now i just dont risk the outskirts at all, no crashes since :)
  • bogardanbogardan Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Bumping this and seconding it. I figured Cryptic would've fixed the bug by now, seeing as they've already figured out what it is. Multiple report threads and several weeks later, still no fix.
  • kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User

Thanks for responding, back in May. It is now August, and this issue is still there. In force. Impossible to finish a run, at all, in the ground zone. :-/