test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Customization: Gorn KDF Characters

cptbartlettcptbartlett Member Posts: 1 Arc User
In my opinion I think that Gorn customization is a bit lacking in Star Trek online.
One issue that does't really matter to me but I know matters to others is the absence of female Gorn, yea they'd have to be really damn ugly but if thats why they kept them out of the game then they need to remove female Tellarites. And it's not like they don't exist because they've been depicted to be much stronger than males and be many in number in the military of the Gorn Hegemony.
Post edited by cptbartlett on

Comments

• samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In my opinion I think that Gorn customization is a bit lacking in Star Trek online.
    One issue that does't really matter to me but I know matters to others is the absence of female Gorn, yea they'd have to be really damn ugly but if thats why they kept them out of the game then they need to remove female Tellarites. And it's not like they don't exist because they've been depicted to be much stronger than males and be many in number in the military of the Gorn Hegemony.

I'd pay for a 'Barney the Dinosaur' costume... :D
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    One issue that does't really matter to me but I know matters to others is the absence of female Gorn,

I'm not sure how you'd tell them apart. As far as I know, maybe most of the Gorns I see in the game are female. I think that all need to do to run a female Gorn is say that yours is a female Gorn.

Also, I'd be rather surprised if all species favored our modern "no differences between men and women" viewpoint. Some races in sci-fi have more than two sexes. Others have one of them as non-sentient. Some have a vastly different ratio than 50/50. Stop being so human-centric.
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    What about all those towering monsters walking around first city? They dwarf my gorn, and he's maxed everything size wise. They must be the women.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
    edited June 2015
    grylak wrote: »
    What about all those towering monsters walking around first city? They dwarf my gorn, and he's maxed everything size wise. They must be the women.

There's no *must* here at all. For all we know those are a subspecies intended for ground warfare and thus aren't members of a starship crew. Or even, unholy of unholy, a semi-sentient subspecies only good for physical labor.

We know almost nothing about the Gorn to be honest.
  • aries73321aries73321 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I would be happy if we could get better costume options, like the TOS or ENT costume, or an updated TOS style outfit.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    The main question is, how you could make a female Gorn? Most reptilian animals you can't tell the difference. Other than checking for the male/female parts.

So how would you make them different in the game? Other than some kind of clothing.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I would just be happy with the playable Gorn using the NPC Gorn animations for martial arts instead of the kung fu they currently use.
  • nickodaemusnickodaemus Member Posts: 711 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    With reptiles, it's got to do with coloration, decoration, and sometimes size.
  • dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I wish they allowed the same level of customization they have in Champions. I can make a sweet looking demonic dude in Champions. All I can make in STO is a big headed freak...
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I know, put a skin flap under the jaws of the males. Then you could tell the difference. :D
  • grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    I would just be happy with the playable Gorn using the NPC Gorn animations for martial arts instead of the kung fu they currently use.

I love seeing my Gorn do a roundhouse kick and send people flying.:D

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    If you want a female Gorn, just make it smaller, and remove the cranium horns. That is the only way to tell a male from female anyway.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2015
    lindaleff wrote: »
    If you want a female Gorn, just make it smaller, and remove the cranium horns. That is the only way to tell a male from female anyway.

Most female reptiles are bigger than males.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I mean, if anything, just give female Gorn a slightly reworked head and some different color options on the palette to tell them apart.
    But yeah otherwise, male and female Gorn are virtually identical, appearance-wise, with the females being noticeably larger than the males.
    Mostly, though, I'd like to see their hands reworked. Gorn only have four digits on their hands, not five.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
    edited June 2015
    aries73321 wrote: »
    I would be happy if we could get better costume options, like the TOS or ENT costume, or an updated TOS style outfit.

Loudly Seconded!
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2015

You saying that gorns are ugly? Did you ever see a nausicaan?