test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Recent plot point

captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
edited June 2015 in Klingon Discussion
After the fall of Kahless, what do you suppose the Iconians will do with his Bat'leth, put it on display like the Hurq* did? Will we have some mission to recover it?

*I have an mental scenario about the Hurq having been servitors who just happened to pick Qo'Nos for resources to repair one of the sphere's from either a comet collision or something else that didn't necessarily have to be combat related.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Who knows. I don't take the Iconians as the type to mount trophies and stuff. Either it would be destroyed or they'll have it stuffed away somewhere. There's probably going to be a mission where we finish off the very same Iconian and get the thing back? But there's lots of things to tie up though, so who knows.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2015
    After a couple of replays of the new FE it seems we were mislead....

It is made to seem like its our idea to beam down and "stabilize" the omega molecules, but after we arrive Kahless shows up for what reason?, we already had a capable away team, no need for the "Emperor" to come on an information and sabotage mission.

We discover and stabilize the 2 Omega molecules then we are unable to locate the 3rd OMG Super Power source except by remote video cameras?

After we "discover" T'ket the Iconian is at the facility, Kahless insists on a personal battle with the Iconian?

Once Kahless starts his fight with the Iconian the 1st words uttered as we enter the next area are "We're In", like we knew where The Iconian was all along?

After a brief fight with some Heralds and their minions do we try to complete the mission?, which btw would be impossible as there is NO 3rd Omega molecule station to stabilize in the area we were lead to.

We do help Kahless weaken the Icionian thru some coincidentally located consoles that allow us to absorb some of the Iconian power momentarity, allowing Kahless to cut off the Iconians arm proving they can be hurt by "mere mortals".

After Kahless's "death" we are beamed out of the "shielded facility" that we were beamed "blind" into amazingly fast, our ships may have keep the plot device "transporter lock" on us the whole time, but really just hmmm?

After the fight our priority is to get the information we discovered [particularly that the Iconians are worried about the alliance recovering any Krenim time travel tech at all], back to the alliance and also that the Kahless had wounded an Iconian in single combat.

Supposition that the mission had two objectives.....

1. Recover information and destabilize the Iconian base

2. a secret objective based on information that an Iconian would possibly be at this base, would be for Kahless to engage the Iconian in single combat and attempt to wound or kill it if possible with a subtext that even if Kahless was killed he could serve as inspiration for the rest of the Empire [not sure how much the Alliance would be moved honestly] for daring to do the impossible and fight these acient beings some considered gods.

2. if the second objective was possible, it could bolster the morale of the alliance which had "a quarter" of the fleet wiped out in our first FE against the Iconians.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kapla1755 wrote: »
    After a couple of replays of the new FE it seems we were mislead....

Supposition that the mission had two objectives.....

2. a secret objective based on information that an Iconian would possibly be at this base, would be for Kahless to engage the Iconian in single combat and attempt to wound or kill it if possible with a subtext that even if Kahless was killed he could serve as inspiration for the rest of the Empire [not sure how much the Alliance would be moved honestly] for daring to do the impossible and fight these acient beings some considered gods.

No.2 could explain how they even knew what the Iconians name was, how many of you noticed that little detail?
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    the next time you replay that mission follow the catwalk to the right and you find another console.(after you defeat the enemy but before you send the omega beam down on the boss) activate it and read the notes. many might have missed that console so im telling about it now but its contents ill remain silent on so not to spoil or inject my own ideas into the minds of others.
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They need an Emperor. To not have one would plunge the Empire into civil war. So the obvious answer...is to simply clone Kahless again. Kahless the Eternal! And they have to recover that bat'leth. Kahless has to be Emperor and he has to have the sword that carved an Empire.

Gotta be a future scenario in there somewhere...
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Klingon politics should remain pretty stable as long as they have an external enemy to fight. It's in times of peace that the Empire threatens to implode under the pressure of house feuds, because everyone wants to die in combat and earn passage to Stovokor.

The Klingons, in this story arc, are basically Rohan in Lord of the Rings. The forces of evil have been trying to destabilize and destroy the Klingons first, for fear of what the Empire is capable of when it gets its act together and rides out as one.

That's a great tip about the catwalk, and my hat is off to the poster for the spoiler discipline as well. :D
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    goodscotch wrote: »
    They need an Emperor. To not have one would plunge the Empire into civil war. So the obvious answer...is to simply clone Kahless again. Kahless the Eternal! And they have to recover that bat'leth. Kahless has to be Emperor and he has to have the sword that carved an Empire.

Gotta be a future scenario in there somewhere...

Yeah, you fail. Miserably. Go watch TNG and DS9: The Klingon Empire went without an Emperor for centuries and did as well as a feudal might-makes-right bunch of f*cking glory hounds possibly could.*

Believe me, the Klingon Empire's problems run a hell of a lot deeper than lacking an Emperor.

* Hell, even when the clone Kahless was on the throne he was completely irrelevant to the running of the Empire. All the actual political power rested with the Chancellor and the High Council.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    starswordc wrote: »
    Yeah, you fail. Miserably. Go watch TNG and DS9: The Klingon Empire went without an Emperor for centuries and did as well as a feudal might-makes-right bunch of f*cking glory hounds possibly could.*

Actually, if you watched those TNG and DS9 shows they would reference the Emperor and that the position of Emperor was required.
    Too lazy to link the "sauce", as the kids of today would say.

But, even if what you say is true in canon, then how does that apply to STO...which is non-canon iirc?

Besides, with Delta Recruit the possibility of Temporal missions is very real.
    The first being the recovery of the Sword of Kahless would be an appropriate one, meethinks.

Qapla' my bruthas nd sistas...Qapla'
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    rezking wrote: »
    Actually, if you watched those TNG and DS9 shows they would reference the Emperor and that the position of Emperor was required.
    Too lazy to link the "sauce", as the kids of today would say.
    Sorry, no. The clone Kahless was mentioned all of one time in the entire run of DS9 ("The Sword of Kahless") and only had one on-screen appearance in TNG. The High Council and the Chancellor got a hell of a lot more play, and it's explicitly stated in TNG that his job is to be a figurehead, i.e. to look pretty in pictures while having no actual power.
    But, even if what you say is true in canon, then how does that apply to STO...which is non-canon iirc?
    Um, because it's based on and follows from canon, perhaps?
    Besides, with Delta Recruit the possibility of Temporal missions is very real.
    Why would time travel be required?
    The first being the recovery of the Sword of Kahless would be an appropriate one, meethinks.
    Kahless' stupid trinket is going to be about as useful to the war effort as a lame cow. You're going to get a lot more bang for your buck by investing the resources needed to retrieve it into outfitting starships and training soldiers, not warriors, underline.

The Klingons lost the sword because Kahless chose to monologue instead of finishing off his opponent and the rest of the Klingons present acted like idiots. It's gone. Let it go.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    starswordc wrote: »
    1) Sorry, no. The clone Kahless was mentioned all of one time in the entire run of DS9 ("The Sword of Kahless") and only had one on-screen appearance in TNG. The High Council and the Chancellor got a hell of a lot more play, and it's explicitly stated in TNG that his job is to be a figurehead, i.e. to look pretty in pictures while having no actual power.

2) Um, because it's based on and follows from canon, perhaps?

3) Why would time travel be required?

4) Kahless' stupid trinket is going to be about as useful to the war effort as a lame cow. You're going to get a lot more bang for your buck by investing the resources needed to retrieve it into outfitting starships and training soldiers, not warriors, underline.

5) The Klingons lost the sword because Kahless chose to monologue instead of finishing off his opponent and the rest of the Klingons present acted like idiots. It's gone. Let it go.

1) Oh, I'm pretty sure I read something in canon that the position is required. Should be about the time of the cloning. Being required in the KDF implies power.

2) Being "based on" canon is not canon, is it? It either is or is not. STO is not canon...iirc.

3) I guess you have not played the best Arc in the game...the Fek'Ihri Return.
    Granted, geko said he'll be getting his mitts on the KDF missions, but right now there is a mission where you join Kahless.
    That's when a DR temporal mission can be written in, picking up where the House Pegh mission left off.

4) It's a stupid trinket...to you.

5) Perhaps that's what was...perceived ;)
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Meh you know if anything they could write a story where those priests from boreth knew nothing on cloning but produced a clone of kahless of actual technology left by kahless himself to become sort of immortalized. Which could be written off as something like hur'q or fek'ihr tech(tying in any story of the kobali figured out how to safe their race by coming across t his same tech). Where trusted priests know of the time and place to bring kahless back by samples of his dna that transmit all of the last kahless's memories keeping the House of Pegh intact.

Then on top of that there could be some dire situation and happen that worf discovers this tech gets the sample of kahless but ends up some kind of iconian tech is introduced into the mix where both hur'q and iconian tech seem to smelt themselves together and infusing the genetic memory thing to occur where the thing Worf is the first klingon to do is become a Herald Klingon with being Kahless at the same time. Yep you can do anything if you combine every 90's - present sci fi show and combine them together to come up with a totally unbelievable but yet believable in a mmo story.

Then all of that the result would be releasing re-purposed tech from fek'ihr/hur'q or whatever ships into a new type of bird of prey that has kahless's mind in them starring a new series just based on klingons a bop rider/knight rider... roflmao