test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Film related

captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
I was just going around the star trek wiki when I noticed that 2410 is when The Nexus from ST: Generations is due to pass through Federation space again, will that have any relevance in-game?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It'll probably be what we use to beat the Iconians. (After all, time stuff effectively kills their brains.)
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It'll probably be what we use to beat the Iconians. (After all, time stuff effectively kills their brains.)
    I was thinking, essentially, the same thing. Cryptic waited nearly 5 years to advance the timeline to 2410. Now we are in the time of the Nexus. My guess is it is all connected.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OTOH, causing regular, non-subspace supernovae altered the Nexus ribbon's path - who knows where it went after Hobus?
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Hobus explosion had nothing to do with The Nexus, though.
  • Options
    grylakgrylak Member Posts: 1,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not Hobus. Amargosa. It altered the ribbon's path, so that 39 year loop (or whatever it was) no longer applies. For all we know, after it passed through the Veridian system, the thing could have flown straight into a black hole and got destroyed.

A Romulan Strike Team, Missing Farmers and an ancient base on a Klingon Border world. But what connects them? Find out in my First Foundary mission: 'The Jeroan Farmer Escapade'
  • Options
    misterde3misterde3 Member Posts: 4,195 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    captz1pp wrote: »
    The Hobus explosion had nothing to do with The Nexus, though.

No, but I think he meant that it scr**ed up the gravitic conditions of that area even more.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It means we'll finally get James T. Kirk in the game. With him on our side we can't lose!

It's just a question of whether he'll seduce the head Iconian lady or drive them all insane with a logic puzzle.
  • Options
    gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It means we'll finally get James T. Kirk in the game. With him on our side we can't lose!

It's just a question of whether he'll seduce the head Iconian lady or drive them all insane with a logic puzzle.

He'd use both...
  • Options
    gorillachopsgorillachops Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The nexus might make a nice 6th Anniversary FE.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    grylak wrote: »
    Not Hobus. Amargosa. It altered the ribbon's path, so that 39 year loop (or whatever it was) no longer applies. For all we know, after it passed through the Veridian system, the thing could have flown straight into a black hole and got destroyed.

They're saying Hobus may have affected it...and Picard went and got Kirk to help...they prevented the destruction of the star.
  • Options
    crispy789crispy789 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you go to the Sierra Sector and check out NGC-863 subspace anomaly, it looks a lot like the nexus ribbon, at least to me, it could be something else entirely.