What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I think I know who "The Other" Are

13»

Comments

• qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    From my understanding, it's more a biological thing with them rather than a technical limitation.

yep, thats how i read it.

we are told they cant travel through time, not that they never could. what was the original reason behind the spheres? they work well enough in their current use, so what exactly were the solanae trying to achieve that caused such an industrial incident that it changed them all forever? were they maybe trying to achieve a means for the iconians to travel though time again? also i remember the preserver saying that the iconians were different once.. brighter. while they may just mean personality wise, maybe they mean that the iconians are in a different state of existence than they once were.. food for thought, that leads me back to...
    Personally I think The Other is us. The UFP/KDF/NRR alliance. We are essential to the establishment of the ancient Iconian empire, and there has been temporal meddling that is threatening that birth. So the Iconians of the past took refuge in the future and set in motion events leading to a Timewar that ultimately pushes the Federation, the Klingon Empire and the Romulan Empire into research and development on steroids, leading to a massive technological leap that gives rise to the whole Temporal division of the Federation. What the hell is the Federation patrolling time for if not to identify and deal with anomalies that could threaten the stability of the galaxy?

The future... the present... the past... All one in the same from the standpoint of races who are capable of moving through time at will. Of course, the whole Temporal Prime Directive would stand as a governing principle of the alliance.

It isn't Star Trek until Time Travel somehow factors into it.

The Temproal Charter would be established in the 27th century as a stop-gap measure to prevent things like the Vorgon/Tox Uthat incident on Risa, which we can experiences as a watershed event that leads to the outbreak of the temporal war. Imagine the Vorgons being an Iconian servitor race. Imagine the Tox Othat prototype being the weapon of mass distruction that was actually responsible for the Hobus supernova that destroyed Romulus, because the Iconians need Romulan involvement, and unless something happened to change the Romulan Star Empire's path, they would never become that major player.

Of course, a major anti-Iconian faction, likely the Kelvans of Andromeda, are hell bent on making sure that the major players that ultimately lead to the rise of the Ikonian civilization never get together.

Oh... and somehow, it will turned out that the Guardian of Forever was constructed by the 31st century Milky Way Alliance, Which ENT's time traveler Daniels was an agent of. Notice he mentioned that there was a monument built honoring the Federation. He did not say the Federation still existed. By the 31st century, it would have grown beyond the scope of anything we've seen in any Trek series. So they build an outpost millions of years in the past on planet Gateway. It only makes sense, if it is a timewar that is going on, you put your command post at the forefront of the campaign. In this case, a secret location built prior to the first known temporal incursion.

Throw in a few paradoxes and we could be in for an epic sequence of events.

Of course, this is all speculation on my part :P

id go see this film :)
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    protogoth wrote: »
    The Archive is now gone, yes.

However, when it is first discovered, the Archivist is asked what the Preservers will do "now" (now that the Archive has been found and they can be awakened), and the Archivist states that some may travel, desiring to see what their children have made of the galaxy. The Deferi themselves from this point were definitely down there conducting research. The possibility of at least one Preserver still being alive is thus established.

on the mission to find the preservers, the cave we enter for the last part of the map has 4 preserver stasis capsules in it, did the iconians get to those or just the main archive?
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • tigercatgirltigercatgirl Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I really don't care who they are as long as Cryptic does not do the Babylon-5 thing with the older races and they just eventually all leave.
  • medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Maybe the Vorta had it right this whole time... the Founders are gods!
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    Yeah, and even more-so an ancient race that was old before there were Iconians. Which makes me wonder why we are referring to Iconians as the "first created." All of the species which made up the Tkon empire were ancient compared to the Iconians.

It just feels like Cryptic is trying too hard to tie together things without giving much attention to how things are established within canon. But that is not unusual. That is basically what most of the Trek writers did for decades. :)

I am assuming the end of the Iconian War will send us into the Gamma Quadrant. The hints seem to be that the Dominion, or more specifically the Founders, are the next link. I would really prefer it to not go that way but apparently Cryptic feels like it needs a reason to send us someplace we have wanted to go for over 5 years. :)

The Iconians were banished or left or some such 200,000 years ago. They didn't come into existence then, but had already been around long enough to achieve dominance. afaik, we don't have any definitive date for when they came into existence. So assuming that the T'kon or the Borg or anyone else was around prior, especially in light of the Preserver saying that they were the first of their children, seems a bit too much of an assumption.