Install Arc

HATE the chance system! HATE IT!!!

2»

Comments

• chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    miirik wrote: »
    Listen, I've opened up over 200 boxes in my years here, no ship in any box

it's hella frustrating that not one has dropped for me. I've bought every lockbox ship I have, except one which was a xmas gift from another player, thanks brah.

If you would have sold the keys to the boxes rather than use them you would have had a 100 percent chance of acquiring the ship.
    Never gamble with money.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • wanghunglo42wanghunglo42 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Thanks all for the good advice. Some of you were donkey crevices...always some who think it's their JOB to call other people whiners or crybabies. But whatevs.

Will try selling keys on the exchange to earn EC to buy what I want. I've been on this game for years, but I still learn something new every now and then. So thanks for the CONSTRUCTIVE comments!

And ALL I'm really saying is get rid of the chance system and SELL me the good stuff straight up...or make it so I can grind for it (and not some unreasonable amount of grinding).

Live long and prosper!

"As with all living things, each according to his gifts."
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited April 2015
    Selling keys is the only guarantee to getting ship
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • wanghunglo42wanghunglo42 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    huskerklg wrote: »
    Why are you buying keys with Real money and not credits?

Usually you can win the most sought after items with keys bought with EC less than the amount you'd have to buy the ship outright with EC depending on the item. EC isn't hard to make.

That's just it...SOMEBODY has to spend real $$$ to get the keys. If I buy keys with EC, I keep my real $$$, but in order for those keys to even exist, SOMEBODY has to pay real cash. So what I'm saying is simple...don't sell me (or anyone else) a key...sell me the hot item itself!!!!!!!!!

"As with all living things, each according to his gifts."
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That's just it...SOMEBODY has to spend real $$$ to get the keys. If I buy keys with EC, I keep my real $$$, but in order for those keys to even exist, SOMEBODY has to pay real cash. So what I'm saying is simple...don't sell me (or anyone else) a key...sell me the hot item itself!!!!!!!!!

I read your post in Sisko's voice.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • zenn3kzenn3k Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't hate the lotto lockbox...whatever.

I do hate that I have 1700+ Lobi and nothing I want to spend it on. More Lobi items please, ships specifically, better and more impressive weapons would be nice, Why not allow me to buy Universal Upgrade items from the Lobi store? More things please.

Since I have no use for the Lobi, it really doesn't make me want to spend more on boxes.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If I want something, I should just be able to buy it or grind for it! This chance system is the ONE disappointing thing that makes me not want to spend real $$$ on a game that I otherwise enjoy...and have enjoyed for YEARS!!

Cryptic, I like you guys, but I HATE your business model! Was it forced on you by clueless corporate suits at CBS? I heard they won't allow you to directly sell certain items such as the hot ships, but rather will only allow you to chance them away. Well that sucks and I'm not putting up with it another cent more!

Buy keys to open lock boxes? Forget it! Not another cent! Promotions like the chance to earn the Sheshar Dreadnought? No more! Either sell it to me, make me grind for it, or you can KEEP it!

We vote with our dollars. My vote is cast!

Good luck with that in fact some here will tell you that your concerns are unwarranted and to that I say that they are the problem. It's the latest craze in PC MMO's to just let them do whatever with progression and who cares right? you don't actually NEED morals in business anymore? Who needs to actually think about where their money is being spent or what they are telling the entire industry when they buy something from one game developer spsssht!

It's amazing to me that a game who's IP used to mean something to the intelligent community has degraded into a gambling system to see just how much money you'll have to spend to progress.

Welcome to modern PC MMOs and their cult followers.
  • hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Op so wish u were talking about the upgrade system. Lockbox ships are a scam buy them on the exchange.
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • admiraltroikaadmiraltroika Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Unfortunately for lockbox haters, lockboxes and simiilar mechanics in other games are HUGE money makers. They arn't going away anytime soon.
  • hojain2020hojain2020 Member Posts: 417 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Unfortunately for lockbox haters, lockboxes and simiilar mechanics in other games are HUGE money makers. They arn't going away anytime soon.

I would agree with you actually. keep buying as many lockboxes as possible. The more thats bought the cheaper it will be on the exchange. lets now say im a LOCKBOX lover?
    STO NPC AI LEVEL--->
    bollywood15_zpskyztknwo.gif
  • stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I only open lock boxes if I want the lobi. If I get anything else it's a bonus.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have only opened a few lock boxes just for fun, anyone who opens 100`s of lockboxes in the misguided hope they will eventually get a ship is just fooling themselves.

some people seem to think that because the odds are 200-1 if they open 200 boxes they are guaranteed to get the ship, odds don't work like that sadly, you could open a million box`s and still not get a ship yet some other lucky so&so could open 1 box and come up trumps.
    tk79 wrote: »
    And there I was hoping the OP was complaining about the random Mod chances from crafting/upgrading, because that pisses me off way more than Lockboxes.

but even that is a gamble and if you are prepared to gamble you should not complain when you don't get the outcome you want.

I have upgraded tons of stuff and in a real money sense it has cost nothing.
    I am not one of those 'time is money' thinkers, I play and get EC & dil I use the EC to craft the upgrade tech and dil to upgrade the items I want to the level/quality I want and am happy with what I have.

in this respect I don't find crafting or upgrading at all expensive, in fact I find it quite rewarding and feel that I have put my EC and dil to good use instead of squandering it away and having little to show for it.

sure it takes a little time to gather the EC & dil I am using and if I was a 'time is money' person I might think its expensive but if I`m having fun playing the game i don't look at it that way.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hojain2020 wrote: »
    Op so wish u were talking about the upgrade system. Lockbox ships are a scam buy them on the exchange.

Only problem with that it that as people begin to catch on about this, Lockbox ships will become more and more rare and more and more expensive.
  • basilrahbasilrah Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Youtube links would be more impressive without the obligatory adspam.

Anybody know somebody working at Youtube? Smack em!
  • basilrahbasilrah Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    skollulfr wrote: »
    then explain why they have barred perchases under 10 bucks, done no work to sell product to the impulse buyers & micro transaction crowd and done pretty much nothing but whale hunt.

yet another month in a row that wargaming gets my money.
    "whats that? i will be on for a big grind session to gear up a new tank? better grab a day or 2 or premium time for 3 or 4 bucks so my exp & credit income is doubled."
    "hmm, im bored, of the current tanks, i know, il buy a new one for 5 bucks. good chance it'l have a HD body job on it too. + no gearing since the premium vehicles are sold fully upgraded(if not just as good as a grind geared tank)"

neither of those, or many other options, are entertained by cryptic. so i can only assume, they are rich enough to not want my money.:rolleyes:

Cryptic has shown that they only value their own ideas.
  • markjames1markjames1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tk79 wrote: »
    And there I was hoping the OP was complaining about the random Mod chances from crafting/upgrading, because that pisses me off way more than Lockboxes.

This! So very much this!

Other than that, I really do enjoy this game.
    star-trek-london-captains_zps420d10b3.jpg

These Are The Voyages...