test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Up close and..

questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
The rewarded trait for the newest FE has a damage boost for energy weapons when targets are <4.5m away.

As i understand the celebratory bat'leths do plasma based damage while the tholian swords and ferengi whips also do energy based damage.

Has anyone tested if the new trait boosts damage for these weapons?
This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    questerius wrote: »
    The rewarded trait for the newest FE has a damage boost for energy weapons when targets are <4.5m away.

As i understand the celebratory bat'leths do plasma based damage while the tholian swords and ferengi whips also do energy based damage.

I never thought about that, I have Nanopulse Mele weapons and I didn't make the link between them.

I just wish they would finally make Ground and Space traits separate.
  • Options
    cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    http://i.imgur.com/flaDKLK.png

I mean, do i really need to highlight the answer to your question in yellow?

I mean, did you actually read the trait before asking this?
  • Options
    z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah im looking forward the space version of this trait, tho this trait rocks with my sniper :D
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cypherous wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/flaDKLK.png

I mean, do i really need to highlight the answer to your question in yellow?

I mean, did you actually read the trait before asking this?

In theory it is for "ranged weapons"

In practice, before bug fixes who knows what it really does?

Things to test:
    - Energy ranged weapons -- most likely to work
    - Kinetic (TR-116) and physical (ZC Shotgun) -- might or might not have been QA'd so unknown
    - Energy-based melee weapons - might or might not have been QA'd so unknown

Of course if energy melee weapons work now, that might get fixed.
  • Options
    blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Like cypherous said, it's not going to work on melee weapons, and while the Tholian sword may have a "ranged" attack, it's still a melee weapon. The trait clearly states that it'll only work with ranged weapons, like guns, rifles, pistols, etc. You wanting to try to test to see if it'd work with the nanopulse melee weapons isn't going to work, as the trait isn't designed to work that way.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is basically a pistol trait.

The game makes distinctions between energy schools, physical and kinetic, as well as melee and ranged. You have to read closely.

This doesn't boost nanopulse bat'leths. The Ferengi whip is not a melee weapon (people seem confused on that; it's not a light saber whip; it's a whip that fires blasts). This is a trait that would be fine for the Ferengi whip and is a much needed boost to pistols as most of the love prior to this went to melee or sniper weapons. This trait is for the weapons inbetween, especially hand pistols and dual pistols.
  • Options
    cypherouscypherous Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2015

In theory it is for "ranged weapons"

In practice, before bug fixes who knows what it really does?

Things to test:
    - Energy ranged weapons -- most likely to work
    - Kinetic (TR-116) and physical (ZC Shotgun) -- might or might not have been QA'd so unknown
    - Energy-based melee weapons - might or might not have been QA'd so unknown

Of course if energy melee weapons work now, that might get fixed.

Energy has very little to do with it, its looking for melee vs ranged, if the weapon isn't ranged it wont apply the damage, i understand what you're getting at but you seem to think that its somehow specific to energy attacks when the trait doesn't even use the word :P

You're hoping for something that really isn't going to be there
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    This is basically a pistol trait.

The game makes distinctions between energy schools, physical and kinetic, as well as melee and ranged. You have to read closely.

This doesn't boost nanopulse bat'leths. The Ferengi whip is not a melee weapon (people seem confused on that; it's not a light saber whip; it's a whip that fires blasts). This is a trait that would be fine for the Ferengi whip and is a much needed boost to pistols as most of the love prior to this went to melee or sniper weapons. This trait is for the weapons inbetween, especially hand pistols and dual pistols.

Should work on the energy discharge from the tholian sword then.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    kapla1755kapla1755 Member Posts: 1,249
    edited May 2015
    Should work on the energy discharge from the tholian sword then.

Tholian Crystalline sword
    wrote:
    This sword uses a form of crystalline interweave technology perfected by the Tholian Assembly. Its unique crystalline structure allows it to syphon off energy from attacks directed at the wielder. Once a sufficient amount of a specific energy is trapped in the weapon, the wielder has a small window of time to discharge that energy back at his attacker, through a melee attack.

so nope just use the Ferengi whip, Vaadwaur Pulsewave pistol, or a Standard Pulsewave Assault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    That's a pity. This trait could have revived melee combat a bit. Since the TR-116b melee seems to be a thing of the past.
  • Options
    onyxheart1onyxheart1 Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That's a pity. This trait could have revived melee combat a bit. Since the TR-116b melee seems to be a thing of the past.

speak for yourself...i didn't upgrade my Tritanium Rending Bat'leth to Mk XIV very rare to not cleave Heralds with it! > : D
    KDF for Life! <3 Romulan at Heart <3 Fed cause they made me ~ :P
    signature-omega.png