test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So, the Krenim...

kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
I'm guessing we're about to get a massive arc involving them and they're going to be an ally against the Iconians?

The Iconians insisted the Vaaudwar attack the Krenim, because they knew they would be a threat and Voyager's top secret mission was to form an alliance?

I'm guessing the timeline will have changed again to explain all this and I always hoped the Krenim would be the bad guy's, but more temporal technology and getting back to the Wells and Mobius' would be great :-)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kayajay wrote: »
    I'm guessing we're about to get a massive arc involving them and they're going to be an ally against the Iconians?

there was some chat about a Few FEs between the last content load and the next one later in the year. one FE has been released since with "house of pegh".
    The Iconians insisted the Vaaudwar attack the Krenim, because they knew they would be a threat and Voyager's top secret mission was to form an alliance?

prove it.
    I'm guessing the timeline will have changed again to explain all this and I always hoped the Krenim would be the bad guy's, but more temporal technology and getting back to the Wells and Mobius' would be great :-)

another one bringing up the krenim failboat. im starting to wonder if anyone who saw the year of hell at the end realized that the time line was reset and there was never any conclusive proof the krenim had time technology to begin with. all we saw was a padd with some calculations that could be anything..

you will again have to prove the krenim have time technology after the timeline reset.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You don't have to have proof to have "what if's", man. At this point, it's just a fun hypothesis that I happen to like.
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Krenim... My guess... They use X super weapon on Iconia... Iconia goes bye bye... Stuff happens... X super weapon explodes restoring everything the Krenim decided to erase... Boom.. we're back were we started.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    We know that the Krenim used deadly weapons based on temporal science...chroniton torpedoes, etc.

Anarak's weapon ship may have been an inevitability for the race to build, not just his own invention.

After Year Of Hell, he was still working on calculations, but look at 29th Century Starfleet...they're aware of changes in the timeline and of temporal incursions (and STO with Temporal Ambassador).
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Better Krenim use super weapon on Preservers, and since all species were seeded by the preservers everybody in the universe simultaneously blink out of existence (except maybe the Saurian races) :P

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
    edited May 2015
    dirlettia wrote: »
    Better Krenim use super weapon on Preservers, and since all species were seeded by the preservers everybody in the universe simultaneously blink out of existence (except maybe the Saurian races) :P

They didn't seed every planet, but you'd be going back to pretty much just the Voth and the Undine!

Since the Iconians zip about, the Krenim would have to be using move mobile weapons against them in battle...the weapon ship would be a bit too cumbersome.
  • fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Pretty sure the krenim are happening, and something to do with time. Interested to see where it goes thats for sure. Maybe chroniton stuff will be useful thatd be nice.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, the Krenim were the first to fall and the Iconians insisted on it. The Iconians cant travel through time. It wouldnt be too far stretched that they are weak against temporal distortions and chronition radiation.

inging up the krenim failboat. im starting to wonder if anyone who saw the year of hell at the end realized that the time line was reset and there was never any conclusive proof the krenim had time technology to begin with. all we saw was a padd with some calculations that could be anything..

you will again have to prove the krenim have time technology after the timeline reset.

Even without the timeship the krenim have time technology, since the underlying mechanics and techs didnt vanish when the Timeship was removed from time. So, by resetting the timeline, they still have the knowledge to produce something like this, but (since after a reset the possibility of different decisions come into play) it might not have been build.
    Still, the tech and knowledge is still there, and even without the destroyer-of-time this tech poses a real threat towards the Iconians, as it is like poison to them. Even if they hadnt the disadvantage of traveling through time, a faction with the knowledge to do so would pose a threat either way.
    edited May 2015
    Heh... Why haven't they attacked the Tholians? Tholiams have ... had an interest in "Timey Wimey" stuff.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Heh... Why haven't they attacked the Tholians? Tholiams have ... had an interest in "Timey Wimey" stuff.

Because the tholians are the ones researching time travel to try to counter the threat to their new masters :P

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sela said the Iconians get super butthurt about time travel. To the point that their brains explode.

The Krenim are all about time travel.

The Iconians telling the Vaadwuar to take out the Krenim? Not surprising in the least.
    edited May 2015
    nightken wrote: »
    Because the tholians are the ones researching time travel to try to counter the threat to their new masters :P

Hmm... okay... who else can time travel...

Okay we send the Borg... no, bad idea.

Okay... I'll go back in time... I'll dump some "make the planet go boom bombs" on Iconia.. which is inside the third sphere?

Detonate the bombs and BOOM... I win the war.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hmm... okay... who else can time travel...

Okay we send the Borg... no, bad idea.

Okay... I'll go back in time... I'll dump some "make the planet go boom bombs" on Iconia.. which is inside the third sphere?

Detonate the bombs and BOOM... I win the war.

Then the war never happens so you never travel back in time to blow up the planet so it happens anyway but you stop it from ever happening cause it happen.

Oh and tiny chance something will go wrong and you'll end causing the war by being the thing that happened to the iconians.

Or you could end up breaking the universe.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited May 2015

They are the ones who battled the Iconians since eons, but the Iconians were able to overcome the stalemate and now mingle with the whole galaxy short of the Dominion.
    I still think the Tholians are their opposites.
  • zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A mini-version of the "time beam" from the krenim time ship would probably be an effective weapon against an Iconian given how temporal "things" mess with their minds. Perhaps a handheld version. Might be more effective against an Iconian than a certain famous blade and would be certainly more convienient than getting an Iconian to stand directly under a certain device. :rolleyes: Anyhow, I know its all pure speculation but that seems like the kind of macguffin that all sci-fi games and shows are famous for coming up with. :D

And as stated, while the time ship was erased, Annorax was using a padd with time calculations on it. Further, as he was from the past originally if he continued his work (perhaps more peacefully) the Krenim would have had years to rebuild their time tech. Can we be sure they are time calculations? No, but they matched the panels on the time-ship itself and the whole "string" looking readouts are simmilar to the TCARS of federation timeships (The one seen in Voyager, not just the well/mobeius seen in game) So by theme it seems they might indicate "temporal scanning," or time calculations. Anyway that just my two EC, feel free to disagree.
    As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
    edited May 2015
    Maybe the Iconians have been watching the Krenim and were immune to their manipulation of the timeline...maybe they were unaffected while they were in the Andromeda galaxy, but were aware of how terrible a threat the Krenim had been and could be again, especially to them.

If Chroniton torpedoes were really able to pass through shields, weapons able to eliminate ships from the timeline and ground weapons like the Lobi store stasis weapons.

And if the Kremin's technology is the only true way to combat the Iconians, but only when it reaches a certain level of advancement, they could be the ultimate threat.

I use Chroniton torpedoes myself now, because apart from plasma, they're the only weapons that antiproton mag regulators also improve.
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    praxi5 wrote: »
    The Krenim are all about time travel.

If i recall right the Krenim never time traveled. They used there Temporal Weapon to erase species and words from time. So the Krenim never time traveled they altered and change destinies with there weapon. The effect of the weapon causes skews in the current time line and since Voyager rammed the Krenim Weapon Ship and destroyed its temporal core all of the effects it ever did was unchaged back to the original time line.
    320x240.jpg
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    prove it.
    valoreah wrote: »
    IIRC the Iconians directing the Vaaduwar to specifically target the Krenim is stated in game. Makes perfect sense given the Krenim's penchant for manipulating time.
    It is true. In House of Pegh it is specifically stated.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    It is true. In House of Pegh it is specifically stated.

yep, if you go exploring in the iconian base, there's a control panel that says all that.
    prove it.

I know you mean well but saying "prove it" is kind of antagonistic. Maybe asking for evidence is the better way of saying the same thing. Something like, "What evidence do you have to support that?" or "Do you have a link?" or something similar. It would go a log way to get your point across without turning people off to what you're asking. :)
  • hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wonder if we'll eventually get a Krenim ship and some Krenim episodes. Some players in-game were discussing the possibility of it.

And there's the fact that Voyager was running secret missions in Krenim territory.

All I really want out of this though, are proper Chroniton space weapons. I want to make a proper rainbow boat.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I keep reading the topic as "So, the Kremlin..." and start thinking "Oh Putin, what did you do now?"
    w8xekp.jpg
    edited May 2015
    quintaris wrote: »
    I keep reading the topic as "So, the Kremlin..." and start thinking "Oh Putin, what did you do now?"
    They got Dr. Igor to create a time machine running off Tesla generators, and will eventually go back in time to erase Einstein, resulting in a different world.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    prove it.

Well...

1. In "Mindscape," while in the transporter room of Voyager, VanZyl says that the Krenim fell to the Vaadwaur.

2. In "Dust to Dust," Harry Kim references that Voyager is in Krenim space, once you leave Kobali Prime in pursuit of the Samsar. I believe the words "top secret" and "diplomatic mission" were both used.

3. In "House Pegh," the info dump from the Iconian computer says that the Iconians specifically targeted the Krenim first. We are not told why.
    another one bringing up the krenim failboat. im starting to wonder if anyone who saw the year of hell at the end realized that the time line was reset and there was never any conclusive proof the krenim had time technology to begin with. all we saw was a padd with some calculations that could be anything..

Nah, the devs/writing team are the ones that need to do the "proving."

I agree with some of your sentiments, and I'm really hoping the devs handle bringing the Krenim back in a smart way, since the timeline was reset. Starfleet should have ZERO clue about the Krenim, or their chroniton-based weapons. That being said, however, that also does not mean they didn't have chroniton-based weapons before Annorax built his timeship. The timeship weapon was likely the culmination of Krenim technology, not the totality.

Regardless of all of that... the Krenim are coming... in, like, three weeks, LOL. Best accept it and move on. :)
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • aries73321aries73321 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've suspected ever since Sela said the Iconians can't travel in time because it would kill them, that time travel would somehow be used to defeat them.
    edited May 2015
    Here is either where Daniels for Enterprise shows up, or the Relativity and Captain Braxton.
    320x240.jpg
  • lordinsanelordinsane Member Posts: 274 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I wonder if we'll eventually get a Krenim ship and some Krenim episodes. Some players in-game were discussing the possibility of it.

And there's the fact that Voyager was running secret missions in Krenim territory.

All I really want out of this though, are proper Chroniton space weapons. I want to make a proper rainbow boat.
    IIRC the phrase used in Dust to Dust was 'former Krenim space', emphasis mine.
    mhall85 wrote: »
    I agree with some of your sentiments, and I'm really hoping the devs handle bringing the Krenim back in a smart way, since the timeline was reset. Starfleet should have ZERO clue about the Krenim, or their chroniton-based weapons. That being said, however, that also does not mean they didn't have chroniton-based weapons before Annorax built his timeship. The timeship weapon was likely the culmination of Krenim technology, not the totality.
    Not necessarily entirely zero, in the state of where things were at the time of Dust to Dust. While all the Year of Hell information was negated (both the one in the actual two-parter and the Kes-present variant glimpsed earlier), reducing the information on the Krenim prior to the return to the Delta Quadrant to their name and whatever information was gleaned from scans done during the peaceable encounter, once the Delta Alliance was in place Starfleet would have whatever Krenim-related intel was gathered from operations against the Vaadwaur and contacts with the Zahl (described as a benevolent civilization in the current iteration of the timeline, so probably friendly to the Delta Alliance, and mentioned as having been staunch allies of the Krenim Imperium for more than 50 years, with assistance provided to Krenim refugees).

There is also the possibility, although this is pure speculation, of something Delta Recruit-style having gone down beyond our player characters - given the Iconian threat, someone may have bent the Temporal Prime Directive (and related rules) enough to provide Starfleet enough information from the future to know to look into Krenim chroniton weaponry.
    edited May 2015
    lordinsane wrote: »
    There is also the possibility, although this is pure speculation, of something Delta Recruit-style having gone down beyond our player characters - given the Iconian threat, someone may have bent the Temporal Prime Directive (and related rules) enough to provide Starfleet enough information from the future to know to look into Krenim chroniton weaponry.
    Wouldn't be surprising given that the Lobi Temporal equipment already implied some bending of realities with the construction of things created before the things they're supposed to pair with actually have been created, much less created by groups other than the original creators.
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    simeion1 wrote: »
    Here is either where Daniels for Enterprise shows up, or the Relativity and Captain Braxton.

Braxton went crazy after years of pretending to be a bartender for time travellers, waiting for Captain Archer to figure out what his "unfinished business" was so that he could beam out.
    w8xekp.jpg
    edited May 2015
    quintaris wrote: »
    Braxton went crazy after years of pretending to be a bartender for time travellers, waiting for Captain Archer to figure out what his "unfinished business" was so that he could beam out.

You are thinking to linear, it could happen anytime in his carrer! It is time traveling not ageing.
    320x240.jpg