test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weapon Proc Chances

samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
I appreciate that weapon procs shouldn't be a huge deal, but I feel the chance is way too low. Particularly in PVE where everything is easy to kill fast. I think if it were increased to 5% across the board they would be more reliable without becoming overly important.

Discuss!
Post edited by samt1996 on

Comments

• psych2lpsych2l Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Whatever energy weapons get, give torps 3x the amount of chance!
  • stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Going to 5% might be interesting. Maybe it would end the endless reign of antiproton?
  • simeion1simeion1 Member Posts: 898 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well I disagree. I Personally think they are fine and most likely proc more often than you think they do. It does help having more weapons so dreadnaughts and cruisers have a better chance to proc because of the higher number of weapons. If you use FAW3 you most likely proc on one of the targets, just not the one you are targeting. That being said I never chose a weapon because of a proc.

Reason Anti-proton is so popular is because it removes the proc and adds crit.

Also look at phasers, they have a 1 in 4 chance to proc the one you are desiring.
    320x240.jpg
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    stumpfgobs wrote: »
    Going to 5% might be interesting. Maybe it would end the endless reign of antiproton?

I've always scratched my head on this...

Crit chance and proc chance both start at 2.5%, but antiproton's "proc" (not really a proc, critical hits actually lol) can be boosted though various methods too numerous to list at the moment.

Perhaps, if proc chances were boosted at the same time as crit chance through the various methods... even if it's not exactly 1:1, I'd be quite happy if I could get a QUARTER (1/4) of my crit chance as a proc chance.

Though, it would be easier on the 'back-end' to just up the proc chances across the board. Which might make things worse for 'dps getting out of hand', with all those plasma procs around. :confused:
  • stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Though, it would be easier on the 'back-end' to just up the proc chances across the board. Which might make things worse for 'dps getting out of hand', with all those plasma procs around. :confused:

I'm not sure if dps will get out of hand any further. For that to happen, the boost to proc chance would need to be significant enough for the proc to outperform the increased crit severity of AP.

I actually don't want that to happen, i'd be happy if some of the worse procs reach almost-parity with AP. That would be something.