test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kahless the Fool [House of Pegh]

flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
An honourable man, cloned from the dna of his former self, a complete and utter fool when it comes to execution. Located in front of him was a downed Iconian; a perfect attempt to end said foe.

Does he decapitate said Iconian? No. Does he split the body of said Iconian? No. Does he drive his Bat'leth into the chest of said Iconian? No. What does he do? He takes off an arm. The blundering overweight fool probably mistook the arm for a chicken wing or something. :rolleyes:

Seriously, this idiot is suppose to be the iconic Klingon, and he can't even kill a downed opponent without TRIBBLE it up.

I hope this guy winds up on the Barge of the Dead, and not Sto'vo'kor, cause he sure as hell doesn't deserve the blood-wine fueled afterlife.
attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
Post edited by flash525 on

Comments

• jestersagejestersage Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    He got stabbed in the back. Even "in surprise" you still get sent to the Barge -- if you do the KDf tutorial you will find that your former first officer was killed similarly (taken by surprise from behind) and ended up in Gre'thor.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    flash525 wrote: »
    An honourable man, cloned from the dna of his former self, a complete and utter fool when it comes to execution. Located in front of him was a downed Iconian; a perfect attempt to end said foe.

Does he decapitate said Iconian? No. Does he split the body of said Iconian? No. Does he drive his Bat'leth into the chest of said Iconian? No. What does he do? He takes off an arm. The blundering overweight fool probably mistook the arm for a chicken wing or something. :rolleyes:

Seriously, this idiot is suppose to be the iconic Klingon, and he can't even kill a downed opponent without TRIBBLE it up.

I hope this guy winds up on the Barge of the Dead, and not Sto'vo'kor, cause he sure as hell doesn't deserve the blood-wine fueled afterlife.

maybe you should get a sem-blunt sword and try to hack through a solid tree trunk arm thick and hope you still have the force to carry it to the head or where ever else on that first strike. from his position he could only get at the head, upper torso. but the arm deflected most of the damage. one thing we learned about the iconian is that it has a self defense reflex, meaning it can be reasoned with if put at a significant enough disadvantage as clearly the iconian was looking to survive the attack.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • zenn3kzenn3k Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Agreed, I thought for sure he was gonna take its head off…then the arm and I'm like "really? the arm? weak", then he dies.

Honestly, I was hoping the Iconian was gonna turn around and kill him in 1 blast of energy or something when he approached to start the fight in the first place, I was getting ready to laugh, but then they made it serious…then made it a joke later.

Personally, the whole mission is weird to me…Klingons don't really DO stealth terrorist style missions, thats not them, thats a Romulan thing to do, Klingons are about front end assaults and glorious battle…not sneaking around.

The entire mission is very non-Klingon.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jestersage wrote: »
    He got stabbed in the back. Even "in surprise" you still get sent to the Barge -- if you do the KDf tutorial you will find that your former first officer was killed similarly (taken by surprise from behind) and ended up in Gre'thor.
    He was stabbed in the back after he took the Iconian arm.
    maybe you should get a sem-blunt sword and try to hack through a solid tree trunk arm thick and hope you still have the force to carry it to the head or where ever else on that first strike. from his position he could only get at the head, upper torso. but the arm deflected most of the damage. one thing we learned about the iconian is that it has a self defense reflex, meaning it can be reasoned with if put at a significant enough disadvantage as clearly the iconian was looking to survive the attack.
    Would the Batleth have been blunt though? What Klingon (especially one working in Intelligence) would take a blunt weapon into battle? All through the episode it was being said how great and powerful the sword was, yet when it came down to it, the sword (and the swordmaster) wasn't up to the task.

That's got fail written all over it.
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zenn3k wrote: »
    Personally, the whole mission is weird to me…Klingons don't really DO stealth terrorist style missions, thats not them, thats a Romulan thing to do, Klingons are about front end assaults and glorious battle…not sneaking around.

Someone has obviously never watched the original Star Trek.
  • zenn3kzenn3k Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hartzilla wrote: »
    Someone has obviously never watched the original Star Trek.

Original Star Trek Klingons are not the same kinda Klingons we have around today…they WERE more like Romulans back then.

Modern Day Klingons shouldn't be doing a mission like this, its completely out of character.
  • lessley00lessley00 Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    my fanfiction interpretation of that scene: M'Tara appears and rescues T'Ket just as Kahless is about to deliver the killing blow by doing the back-stab. How does that sound?
    Captain Joseph Riker, U.S.S. Odyssey==General V'Mar, U.S.S. Blackwater-A==Admiral Laura Holmes, U.S.S. Forward Unto Dawn
    Grand Master Thotok, son of Koloth, I.K.S. Sompek==Dahar Master Shanara, I.K.S. Balth'Quv

Admiral R'Tath V'Tirex, R.R.W. Dhael Glohha'enh==Commander Ta'eth Korval, R.R.W Hachae ch'Rhian==Admiral Vranuk, R.R.W Delevhas
  • magneticmoosemagneticmoose Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My issue was:
    Shouldn't we have tried to get the Iconian Arm for study? Look what the Feds did to the Founders after studying Odo.

Seems like a chicken run for the "So-Called" House of Pegh. Go in fail to shut down a gateway power source. After the mission I got the feeling that the whole mission was for Kahless to die fighting an Iconian to motivate the Empire around a central figure. Without getting the Iconian arm, retrieving the Sword of Kahless, or getting a shot at the Iconian myself I felt played by the House of Pegh.
    edited May 2015
    lessley00 wrote: »
    my fanfiction interpretation of that scene: M'Tara appears and rescues T'Ket just as Kahless is about to deliver the killing blow by doing the back-stab. How does that sound?
    Uhm, no. There is no M'Tara in this episode.

T'Ket teleports and appears behind Kahless and proceeds to stab him. M'Tara isn't involved at all.

Edit: I know it's just an interpretation, but it's inaccurate. ;)
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Original Star Trek Klingons are not the same kinda Klingons we have around today…they WERE more like Romulans back then.

Modern Day Klingons shouldn't be doing a mission like this, its completely out of character.

TNG and later did swap Klingon and Romulan behavior, and then took the honorable bombastic warrior trope up to eleven. Its one of many reasons I've never considered anything after TOS to be set in the same setting.

But to be fair, they weren't consistent in the swap as there was a lot of underhanded new style Klingons in the shows. Plus a race that using cloaking devices is not a paragon of direct one-on-one battle.

Despite the above, this was poor a written and structured adventure. Add to that a silly Kahless clone (and all Klingons it seems) thinking he had a magic weapon for some reason, as if this was a fantasy MMO and he had a sword of Iconian slaying. Amazing these guys ever mastered space travel.
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited May 2015
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't get the point of the episode. Why is Khaless there in the first place? Why does he need to be in a covert information gathering and sabotage mission that gets aborted at the first sign of serious resistance? I don't mind how he died - but it is so pointless and poorly explained...
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • thescottybthescottyb Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    jestersage wrote: »
    Lt. Doran went to Gre'thor for failing to kill the traitorous captain.
    Makes you wonder why they invested dialog explaining why the team exists and how they still consider themselves Klingons fighting in glorious battle for the Empire, and that their methods are subtle but not dishonorable. "My men do not use poison; they still look their enemy in the eye."

Also, Klingons trying to develop a means to fire from cloak? Klingons waiting cloaked to ambush rescue parties? Worf says it himself in DS9 when such tactics are questioned as honorable: "In war, there is nothing more honorable than victory."

In TNG when Worf tries to prevent someone from challenging Gowron and Gowron uses the opportunity to gut his challenger unprepared? TNG again when the High Council would rather not risk exposing the House of Duras for being Romulan collaborators? Ezri pointed out that Klingons are a warrior race that pride themselves on an image of honor, and yet have been willing to accept corruption among their leaders for decades. Worf and Martok were probably trying to turn that around, but then J'mpok happened.
    Unofficial Skill Planner v0.8 last updated 6 May 2016
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    TNG and later did swap Klingon and Romulan behavior, and then took the honorable bombastic warrior trope up to eleven. Its one of many reasons I've never considered anything after TOS to be set in the same setting.

But to be fair, they weren't consistent in the swap as there was a lot of underhanded new style Klingons in the shows. Plus a race that using cloaking devices is not a paragon of direct one-on-one battle.

Despite the above, this was poor a written and structured adventure. Add to that a silly Kahless clone (and all Klingons it seems) thinking he had a magic weapon for some reason, as if this was a fantasy MMO and he had a sword of Iconian slaying. Amazing these guys ever mastered space travel.
    My head canon is that they didn't. they stole the tech from the Hur'Q instead of inventing it themselves.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited May 2015
    He was stabbed in the back after he took the Iconian arm.

Would the Batleth have been blunt though? What Klingon (especially one working in Intelligence) would take a blunt weapon into battle? All through the episode it was being said how great and powerful the sword was, yet when it came down to it, the sword (and the swordmaster) wasn't up to the task.

That's got fail written all over it.

when i see bat'leths in trek i see they are rounded. now it doesnt need to be razor sharp at all, the blunt force impact and the extra damage from the brute force hit alone would be enough. so i dont see it as much as an issue. would you go into battle with a hammer as the only weapon you can find? even a hammer can do some damge with enough force.
    edited May 2015
    when i see bat'leths in trek i see they are rounded. now it doesnt need to be razor sharp at all, the blunt force impact and the extra damage from the brute force hit alone would be enough. so i dont see it as much as an issue. would you go into battle with a hammer as the only weapon you can find? even a hammer can do some damge with enough force.
    I'm not disputing the points you're making (a Bat'leth wasn't up to the task) but then Kahless is still an idiot for going into battle armed with only a Bat'leth. No Disruptor Pistols, no Knives, no Hammers, just one blunt instrument.

#still a fool
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My head canon is that they didn't. they stole the tech from the Hur'Q instead of inventing it themselves.

I though it was pretty obvious that they stole it from the Hur'Q, though that my be because the treklitverse pretty much says they did it that way.
    TNG and later did swap Klingon and Romulan behavior, and then

Though at lest when the Romulans were big on honor, they weren't stupid about it like the Klingons were in TNG.
  • shaanithegreenshaanithegreen Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hartzilla wrote: »
    Though at lest when the Romulans were big on honor, they weren't stupid about it like the Klingons were in TNG.

The changeover actually happened in Search for Spock. The movie was written with the Romulans in mind, which is why their ship is a Bird of Prey with an avian motif and a cloaking device.
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm not disputing the points you're making (a Bat'leth wasn't up to the task) but then Kahless is still an idiot for going into battle armed with only a Bat'leth. No Disruptor Pistols, no Knives, no Hammers, just one blunt instrument.

#still a fool

If you're not using at least a planet killing weapon you're bringing a bat'leth to a god-like energy being fight.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2015

#still a fool

Why are you harping on the blunt nature of the Bat'leth? Because the props were blunt? I'm pretty sure that it is supposed to be as sharp as comparable swords that rely on momentum to workl (like a scimitar). And it was able to take off some purple space wizard's armoured arm, so there has to be something to make it work :D
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    edited May 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Why are you harping on the blunt nature of the Bat'leth? Because the props were blunt? I'm pretty sure that it is supposed to be as sharp as comparable swords that rely on momentum to workl (like a scimitar). And it was able to take off some purple space wizard's armoured arm, so there has to be something to make it work :D

you could try and disprove it if you have some proof to that point from the canon series. but i never saw a sharp bat'leth the entire time so thats a dead horse and all your doing is poking it. the only sharp things i saw were the mek'leth and the d'g'tagh.
  • berahtberaht Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think they just watch too much Game of Thrones and wanted their own Red Wedding, for dramas and all that.
    6e5OTnq.png
  • oldkhemaraaoldkhemaraa Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    humm... ok, a couple points.. When Kahless's body disappears in the mission it frankly looks more like a transporter effect then a disintegration. I don't think he's dead.. I do belive him to be captive.

The only reason for them to take him captive is to use him as a tool against the empire.. a hostage.

This isn't going to work as well as the Iconians think it would. The Klingon rule of hostages has always been "dead things have no value".

They may break him in captivity, they may not. Kahless has always felt rather useless in the modern Empire. He was cloned to fill a role for the people of the empire.. to give them a focus of their hopes dreams and desires. To focus their will at a time when the empire dearly during Dominion war where the KDF fought, and died by the hundreds of thousands
    and well over 50% of the warship hull of the Klingon Empire were lost in battle.

He may have found the glorious death he's sought for so very long. I cannot begin to imagine what it must be for him to know that he is a clone, a recreation of one who was, and who has been trained and educated to be as much like the original Kahless as possible. How would you feel about knowing that you were made to be born as simply a figurehead? A focus for moral building? He has never been happy with his role. He is Kahless in body. But his soul is his own and it is not the soul of the historical Kahless. Could you have done any better with the type of emotional baggage he is stuck with? The hopes and fears of an entire specie, and an interstellar empire riding on how you live your life? Fortunately for everyone.. his soul is Klingon and he refused to BE A SLAVE. Not to the council, the Monks of Borath, the Empire, or its people.

If he is dead, he earned that death. He went one on one against a horrific foe so that the foe would be distracted at a critical time so a mission could be accomplished. The mission was a success. And it only cost the life of one warrior. Not the Emperor Kahlass. Thats just a title.

Kahless the warrior. He knew what he was there to do.. and that was to delay and distract. He knew the price. He let his enemies perceptions control them. Why everyone knows Klingons will stop what they are doing and watch such an epic fight.... don't they? Certainly the Herald forces did.

If he is dead, then he died a warrior in service to the empire, protecting his team, and ensuring his mission was completed. If you cannot see this you have neither an understanding of warriors, or soldiers. The iconian allowed its self to be manipulated and distracted. It is good to know that they are so weak, and so easily manipulated in their pride and hubris.

Do not discount the warriors gift Kahless has given you. You and I, our lives will end someday. Kahless, he will live for ever. He has given us the key to defeating the Iconian. I hope you were paying attention.
    "I aim to misbehave" - Malcolm Reynolds
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    He won't be missed. What was in he in like 2 FEs. Not much a person to worry about loosing. :rolleyes:
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited May 2015

#still a fool

And if he just shut his mouth and finished the kill... :rolleyes:

I mean, didn't Worf try to teach Alexander that when he was six? Never hesitate, never waste time, and never turn your back on your enemy!!!
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • mhall85mhall85 Member Posts: 2,852 Arc User1
    edited May 2015
    beraht wrote: »
    I think they just watch too much Game of Thrones and wanted their own Red Wedding, for dramas and all that.

Not familiar with Game of Thrones (books or TV show), but you want a "red wedding"?

Destroy the 1701-F. That would get people's attention. ;)

humm... ok, a couple points.. When Kahless's body disappears in the mission it frankly looks more like a transporter effect then a disintegration. I don't think he's dead.. I do belive him to be captive.

Interesting theory! That would also bring him dishonor, if I'm not mistaken.
    d87926bd02aaa4eb12e2bb0fbc1f7061.jpg
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Why take an arm. I'd take it's HEAD, that way have a souvenir, and I know it's dead.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    edited May 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Why are you harping on the blunt nature of the Bat'leth?
    I wasn't. I was answering the argument laid by mirrorchaos. :)
    valoreah wrote: »
    LMAO! "mistook the arm for a chicken wing"! :P That was pretty funny.
    Well, he didn't exactly look like the most athletic fellow. ;)
    I think you're hoping for a lot. I think he is dead. An Iconian put their hand through his chest didn't it? Sure looked that way.
    mhall85 wrote: »
    And if he just shut his mouth and finished the kill... :rolleyes:

I mean, didn't Worf try to teach Alexander that when he was six? Never hesitate, never waste time, and never turn your back on your enemy!!!
    Quoted for truth. I guess in the first instance, he was more one for stories and speeches. Can't really blame him for turning his back though; the Iconian cheated with a teleport.