test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Still no Herald Red Alerts!

cadonycadony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
To all those at cryptic, I beg you: please give us a war to fight. The Heralds make even more sense and are better than pesky borgs to be attacking us. Why not make a new one, like you did with the Tholians? It's not asking too much! If you're gonna bombard us with war propaganda, then you might as well make them do SOMETHING outside of the episodes and instances. Probably no one at cryptic will read this. :c
Post edited by cadony on

Comments

• greatbritongreatbriton Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I concur. Even I'm getting embarassed at the amount of repeated beatings the Borg and Tholians are getting from my D'Deridex; at this stage, it almost feels like bullying.

Almost.

It would be more useful to the overall war effort to engage these Heralds. So, please, upgrade the Red Alert network to incorporate Iconian-incursion notifications.

- Tracolix
    Commander, I.R.W. Arpexia
    Klingon-RomulanAlliance7a_zps2aa8171d.png
  • thedarkphenoixthedarkphenoix Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Completely agreed. We need some Herald Red Alerts. If you want to limit them to level 60 so the only people that see them are ones likely to have completed the storyline, then that's absolutely fine, but please, please give us something to make this feel more like a war.
    Original wave Lifetimer and Closed Beta tester.
  • lyanaarlyanaar Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nah...you forget something...soon every KDF/FED/ROM Captain will go to risa and relax or "float" for the new Ferengi ship. The heralds will also welcome this time of peace to get...well...new batteries maybe.

Why not open a gateway in orbit of Earth/new Romulus or Kronos....and then nuke it from the orbit? Or a nice suicide mission...i bet they love self sacrifice...

Sometimes the writing is like a Bond movie..."No Mr. Federation...i have to explain my grand plan to you and THEN leave you without guards to be killed in the most stupid way ever."

But i like it :D
  • elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would love some Iconinan/Herald Red Alerts. A Herald space Battle Zone would be cool too. It really does not seem like we are at war...Delta Rising with the Vaudwaar felt more like war than this season does. Even with the choppy story line due to the leveling, it actually felt like a war.

So please, Cryptic, if we are supposed to be at war.....more war...p-p-p-llleaseee :D
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It is kinda weird that, after being told countless times that the Iconians are such a large threat because they can show up anywhere, at any time, they never show up at random instances.

Why have they still not murdered Quinn in his sleep? Why haven't they placed a Solar gateway inside ESD? Why has there only been an attack on New Romulus and Kronos so far? Why is my character still walking around without any notable problems?

If my character really is as important as the storyline wants you to believe, then it would make sense for the Heralds to randomly show up on my bridge, inside a turbolift, on Risa, whenever I don't expect it.

This war needs more random events, even more than any other war in STO I can think of. Herald Red Alerts would be a good start.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I agree.

Replacing the Borg alerts with Herald alerts just makes sense now. As was suggested above, limit them to the higher levels because someone still running lower content wouldn't have player far enogh along to be in the same 'story' as high level characters.
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is the strangest "war" cryptic has ever given us. I don't get it.
    Maybe they want it concluded in a nice package, unlike the Borg.
    Because if I understand correctly, the Borg are done, yet they are still attacking federation space in the Borg red alerts?

It would have been nice to have customizable red alerts. So one month can be the Borg, tholians, dominion, mirror.
    But that isn't likely.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • xenificationxenification Member Posts: 615 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lol most of us have been saying all this for the past 2 months...

planetary invasions were a hot topic to for new alerts.

ship gets an alert...heralds are invading ... wherever... and then fleet goes to defend the planet.

if you fail to protect the planet. planet is taken.

however you get the chance to retake it after not instantly but after a certain amount. as a seperate alert of course.
  • ginobaldelli823ginobaldelli823 Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have to agree with this, I was on last night and I got into a Borg Red Alert and I ended up being by myself and I completed it alone. Now before the "Your are a Letiest or Your are a High DPS showing off" I didn't build a high DPS ship, now what I do have is all of my gear at Mk XIV VR and 1 piece of UR and 1 epic. I do have the Presido Command Battle Ship, I am using Corrosive Beam array's with the Romulan Space wep set and the Borg Space wep set and Borg Eng, shield, and def. I have Fleet Plasma Warp Core along with the Spire Tac Consoles. With this ship I soloed a Borg Red Alert with about 2 min left on Timer.
  • farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You mean there is an Iconian War?

There is no red alerts or space encounters. There is no ground missions other than the que.

We need something!
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • cadonycadony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The worst part is that it doesn't seem like it would be much work to just throw ships onto a map; Cryptic just never considered doing it, I guess. There is really is not any reason to why they shouldn't implement the damn things.
  • mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It can't be that hard...

Just take the Borg Red Alerts, replace the Borg ships with Herald ships and slightly rewrite the mission text.
    Done.

It's so little work and would do so much to make this feel like a war.

It doesn't have to be hard, it just needs to be there.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    risian4 wrote: »
    It is kinda weird that, after being told countless times that the Iconians are such a large threat because they can show up anywhere, at any time, they never show up at random instances.

Why have they still not murdered Quinn in his sleep? Why haven't they placed a Solar gateway inside ESD? Why has there only been an attack on New Romulus and Kronos so far? Why is my character still walking around without any notable problems?

If my character really is as important as the storyline wants you to believe, then it would make sense for the Heralds to randomly show up on my bridge, inside a turbolift, on Risa, whenever I don't expect it.

If you really start to think about it, the Iconian gateway technology should logically render the entire "war" completely irrelevant. The alliance is still incapable of blocking them. They shouldn't need fleets to send after us, they could just as well gate bombs into our warp cores any time they wanted and there's absoultely nothing we could do to stop them.

But then that wouldn't make for a very interesting game. ;)
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I concur. Even I'm getting embarassed at the amount of repeated beatings the Borg and Tholians are getting from my D'Deridex;

You're welcome to try "Perfection" part 1 on Elite Difficulty in the Foundry .

... don't come loaded for bear ... , BRING THE BEAR !!!
  • hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Theres a war goping on oO? Didn't notice maybe except for a trailer I believe I've watched a few weeks ago.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • greatbritongreatbriton Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    You're welcome to try "Perfection" part 1 on Elite Difficulty in the Foundry .

... don't come loaded for bear ... , BRING THE BEAR !!!

I shall inform the crew!
    Klingon-RomulanAlliance7a_zps2aa8171d.png
  • cadonycadony Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Shameless self bump until something happens
  • jokerhuntrjokerhuntr Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    AHAhaha War you say? War? There is no war!!! 3stfs and 4 storyline episodes and now a mission that strikes at the heart of the Iconian power base???? WTF cryptic 5+ years of buffing this war up and alluding to these monsters of the universe and we are already striking at the heart of their power???????!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!!?!? THE STUPIDEST WAR EVER DEVISED FOR PC GAMES. Between your implanting the necrophiliac Kobali to the now defunct Iconians, your talent behind these storyline's are seriously falling behind. There is so much epic content you can insert into the the game to make this a war for our Galaxy, instead I have to fight the same fkn Iconians over n over n over n over n over n over, with no Elachi nor Solanae helping out. Only Heralds and their worthless Thralls, way to follow your own Continuity and Storyline bud!! /epic doublehand capital F Facepalm

WTG STO!! Best Game Ever AND ALL THE PLAYERS LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
  • ammianusammianus Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Herald Red Alerts will not happen until phasing technology got implemented (unlikely). So, the new players can have access to Borg/Tholian Red alerts, while Iconian war players get Heralds. It is a pity, as entire Iconian wars falls on Tales of the War which are much better fun than actual mission. Iconian War - better to call it, another iteration of Klingon Federation Cold War, with few good missions and a lot of layover... sad :(