test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Clarification please

vern1701vern1701 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
Are Feature Episodes one mission or a series of them?
Post edited by vern1701 on

Comments

• Options
    jrdragonettijrdragonetti Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A featured episode is just one mission, the storyline is part of a story arc, eg the iconian war, consider it as an individual episode of the TV series with its own story, but it contributes to the whole of the story for that season.

Hope that's not too confusing
  • Options
    vern1701vern1701 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's not when you consider a season is comprised of episodes. However "The Iconian War" is considered an episode in game when, in reality, it's a story arc or season. Missions and episodes are different words expressing the same thing. When it's new, it can be called an episode. After the week is out, assuming there is a new "episode" every week, can it be called a mission so as to be less confusing?
  • Options
    jrdragonettijrdragonetti Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In any other rpg, yes, its a mission/quest, sto has a habit of calling these episodes, I get it and I like it as it brings it closer to the format of trek that I love.

For clarification, the iconian war is the 10th season of sto, not a specific episode, judging from what we've had previously, were due at least another 2 episodes to conclude this arc, maybe more as this is what the games being leading up to since the beggining, single player story wise. The reason its a "featured" episode is only really because its new and cryptic want you to play it, if I read correctly (iv only been around since last Christmas) arcs like spectres, the 2048, been arc etc were all featured episodes at one point, and are now just part of the main game now.