test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ferenginar keeps being mentioned, so.....

stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
Ferenginar keeps being mentioned, and considering this new Risa ship is going to be a ferengi Nandi ship, Come on Devs, How about some new content set on Ferenginar????
The tower of commerce, the divine treasurey, Different missions there etc.
A chance to meet the Grand Nagus. and yes to see all those monsoon rain storms.

Separate to this, I see that Nog will be about soon, How about bring back Quark himself too, or son of quark.
Odo himself too would great if he returned.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jack24bau3rjack24bau3r Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yes this plZ this
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd just be happy with a ferengi themed FE. It might be a bit soon to start asking for a social zone (when the focus is going to be Risa for the next few weeks) but definitely, definitely, definitely thumbs up to more Ferengi content. :D
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    if the dominion part is coming and you got nog, the ferengi ship, all 3 are linked to the ferengi, you add ds9 and thats a 4th link. there is a potential chance of content for ferenginar i would imagine at some point with a gamma expac.

would be interesting if cryptic got armin on board to do quark as a sort of old man playing ambassador to the alpha/beta quadrants, trying to make a deal and if cryptic bring on rene it would build a greater link with odo considering how well both of them enjoyed each others company on ds9 years past.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Unless I missed it somewhere, isn't Rom still Grand Nagus? If so, why the heck would you want to meet him? If only to bash him several times in the ear with a Louisville Slugger?
  • Options
    stuart1965stuart1965 Member Posts: 691 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Unless I missed it somewhere, isn't Rom still Grand Nagus? If so, why the heck would you want to meet him? If only to bash him several times in the ear with a Louisville Slugger?

Perhaps Rom is different to when he was on DS9. People do change.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I started a thread about this a few weeks ago :-)

If they could bring back Jeffrey Combs as "Brunt", you could have a battlezone where you're attacked with angry Ferengi using energy whips, etc.
  • Options
    rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    >.>
    <.<

I don't want to get in trouble but heads up. Nog and Ferengi Warship is not the only Ferengi love inbound. If I said or posted more I could get ding dong bannru
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    >.>
    <.<

I don't want to get in trouble but heads up. Nog and Ferengi Warship is not the only Ferengi love inbound. If I said or posted more I could get ding dong bannru

if i were a privately chosen player for beta testing content for cryptic i wouldnt write anything because what you wrote there is basically spam as you failed to mention anything. but at least now i know one face of the privately chosen beta team cryptic has chosen :P.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am seeing it... the Ferengi soon become Heralds of the Iconians! :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    if i were a privately chosen player for beta testing content for cryptic i wouldnt write anything because what you wrote there is basically spam as you failed to mention anything. but at least now i know one face of the privately chosen beta team cryptic has chosen :P.

I have seen the "love" also, and I am no more a beta tester than you are, so your assumption is false.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    bergins wrote: »
    I have seen the "love" also, and I am no more a beta tester than you are, so your assumption is false.

was i referring to you in the previous comment within the quote? no i was not, end of discussion.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    was i referring to you in the previous comment within the quote? no i was not, end of discussion.
    Unless, of course, that was his second account. :D

In general I would assume rosetyler51 has been on one of the various spoiler sites - where people hack into Tribble files to see the things the rest of us cannot see yet.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Welcome to the Star Trek Online Forums, you are obviously new here. If you don't want other people to respond to your comments on someone's post, you're better off PM'ing them.

So, exactly what makes you think they were a closed beta tester, then?

If it was the content they were referring to, it is a faulty assumption, since I have seen what they are referring to too* and am not beta tester.

End of Discussion, indeed...

*The "too", also included in the post you responded to, should have been your first clue...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Pretty sure Rose Tyler used the same source than myself, and it's not related to any beta.

And yeah, I can definitely see more love for the ferengi coming.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ...content that followed the story in this important way....

...Ferengi began to realize some level of both gender equality and human morality were as important as profit...

...Just like the evolved Spock moved from demonizing emotion early on to a clear understanding that both emotion and logic have a role in parthnership.

-THAT's just the sort of thing Roddenberry created Star Trek for in the first place...

What makes some of the best Science Fiction? It's based on morality plays, and that what makes the best movies and series...and that's what captivates people the most worldwide....