test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Has trading in summer pearls started yet?

realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
I recently read on the GNN forum:

"Beginning on Thursday May 14th (just after Maintenance completes) we're opening access to the "Summer Buyback" store. This special store, accessible from your Event Reputation Store button, will be offering a selection of unique prizes in exchange for your existing Risian Lohlunat Pearls."

Yet when I go to the aforementioned store I am taken to what I s'pose is the standard summer/winter event store.

Am I not seeing it yet because it hasn't started yet, or am I in the wrong place.

I only have a few pearls, not enough to get anything real at the current store, but enough to get a little something at that special store.
Post edited by realisticalty on

Comments

• Options
    richardewirichardewi Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Eureka! You're in the right place! Because this store is not normally available, your access to this particular store is evidence that you have some Lohlunat pearls in your possession, and you can trade these in before this year's summer event.

Be advised that some of these "prizes"won't be available unless you're rank 60. For myself, I mostly just purchased the starship emotes. Good luck.
  • Options
    thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    richardewi wrote: »
    For myself, I mostly just purchased the starship emotes. Good luck.

Which will also be available for Latinum (soo-ish)
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Put a pearl in your regular inventory, right click on it and look for the option that opens the store.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, if I'm in the right place, why don't I see the items mentioned in the original forum post for sale? (This character is level 60.)

Here are two examples:

500 Specialization XP 1 PEARL
    Elite Queue R&D Material Reward Package
    Available in all varieties. Player chooses contents. 15 PEARLS

I don't see any of these new items, not that I can afford much. I only see what I suspect are the "typical" event store items (powerboards, floaters, outfits.)

Could the problem be that I have no pearls, only "favor"? And if so, I'm still surprised the store didn't list pearls items, only favor items.
    f these...)

Been so long since I ran that summer event I blocked it all out of my mind...I ended up only building some sand castles and that's about it.
  • Options
    tiriusavarotiriusavaro Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Could the problem be that I have no pearls, only "favor"?
    This is more or less correct. The new store is only for Pearls, the item previously used to buy the summer event ships. You could only use these as input for the reputation project to buy the ship, and pearls are being retired. Favors on the other hand, are not. These are used to buy the summer event items at the vendors on Risa such as outfits and floaters, and you'll still be able to gather and use those as in previous years.
    Vice Admiral Tirius Avara'o | U.S.S. Mistral (Fleet Star Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Mathrias | U.S.S. Utrecht (Blockade Runner Retrofit)
    Vide Admiral Kyurin | U.S.S. Cairhien (Fleet Dreadnought Cruiser)
    Vice Admiral Kiarl Leftrin | U.S.S. Aegir (Fleet Recon Science Vessel)
    --= Starfleet Strategic Command =--
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Place a pearl in you inventory, right click on it and click use to open the buy back store. the store in the rep tab has nothing to do with the buyback.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Place a pearl in you inventory, right click on it and click use to open the buy back store. the store in the rep tab has nothing to do with the buyback.

I don't think I have any pearls. At the time I was facing some physical challenges and I found the events that rewarded pearls to be difficult enough that they weren't fun, or I couldn't compete in enough of them, so I lost interest.
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't think I have any pearls. At the time I was facing some physical challenges and I found the events that rewarded pearls to be difficult enough that they weren't fun, or I couldn't compete in enough of them, so I lost interest.

I think when you were thinking of the Lohlunat Pearl buyback store, I think maybe you were getting them confused with the Favors.

Earlier in the thread, you stated you had pearls. Now you're saying you don't think you have any pearls.

Lohlunat Pearl

Lohlunat Favors

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    mindshadow999mindshadow999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Actually that's not entirely correct. The buyback store appears under the Event Reputation -> Store tab. However - and this is key - it only shows up if you have Pearls in the character's inventory or bank. On characters of mine that owned pearls, I was able to access it and cash them in there while they remained in the bank, but on characters that didn't have any the store was not visible.
  • Options
    takegurutakeguru Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Still don't see why they had to bend us over the barrel like this.

I only have a use for the spec XP that I can't buy yet, and I can't ever get the past 2 summer ships.

I'm going to have a real problem when this gets applied to the winter event as well, because the carrier is a ship I actually want.