test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Romulus Ambient Music OMG thx

mattjohnsonvamattjohnsonva Member Posts: 4,974 Arc User
At first I thought I had left itunes running with Two Steps From Hell playing, I had to check several times to be sure. Thank you so much for that incredible musical ambience. Moving clouds and faint stars have been added too unless I missed them before, the rocks and trees look better, a serious polish on an already amazing map.

Fantastic work guys.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    edited November 2012
    You know, I was walking around there earlier listening to the background music and I thought to myself "I don't remember ever hearing this before, I must have serious problems at paying attention". Glad it wasn't just me going mad haha.
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • thomas12255thomas12255 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    THIS. THIS is what STO needs more of. I instantly felt more immersed when I logged in and heard that music, it was great. Why don't other social zones have background music when it adds so much!
    [SIGPIC]http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png[/SIGPIC]

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I like it. :D:D:D
  • ericsonxxericsonxx Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Can I listen to this track somewhere if Im not on New Romulus? Youtube, etc?
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,630 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I agree, the new music is pure awesome.

What a difference it makes to the whole mood of New Romulus. Great work on this guys and gals! :)
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Watching the "tour" cutscene with this music was pure epicness.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • colson15colson15 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Wow!!! I just heard this on NR for the first time.

Very good work Cryptic!! =D

Please add more music and ambience to the game like this. It's so much more immersive!
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I could upload you the mp3 but i have no idea if its allowed. Unique piece of music for this game though, very nice devs :)
  • obertheromulanobertheromulan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I agree. First thing I did after the patch was turn up the music volume slider, because it's so nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
  • torsten1009torsten1009 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The music reminded me more of "Halo" then of "Star Trek"... It's still nice, but I wouldn't want to listen to it in every Mission/Instance/social zone. Especially if it was always that track.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If Star Trek Online was an Open-Source (GPL) Game, we would have a low-grind fork.
  • thomas12255thomas12255 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    You know, I was walking around there earlier listening to the background music and I thought to myself "I don't remember ever hearing this before, I must have serious problems at paying attention". Glad it wasn't just me going mad haha.

I thought it depicted the sadness of the Romulan people and the beauty of New Romulus perfectly, what is the "Star Trek" sound? The music was great and perfect for creating a proper atmosphere which is what this game needs more off, I want all social zones to have similar atmospheric music in the background, it really does help immerse you into the game.
    [SIGPIC]http://stosignatures.ufplanets.com/Thomas45-STO.png[/SIGPIC]

{UFP}Thomas45 - Thomas Nixon U.S.S. Majesty Unbound
  • hunterguyver4hunterguyver4 Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Are we talking about that beautiful mellow piece with strings on New Romulus? I just heard it today and I fell in love with it! Is there a way to download it, find it on youtube or something?

It is a very somber piece in which I can definately write a very emotional scene listening to it for hours on end.
    "Richard, I'll give you one word of advice, you shouldn't anger a demigod" - Lord Archanfel, Supreme Zoalord and leader of the Chronos Organization in the series Guyver: The Bioboosted Armor series.
  • mikearoomikearoo Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't know if Cryptic like file diving, I know in CoH they frowned against it, but I have the new romulus music as an mp3 file. IF anyone would like to host it, send me a pm with an email or something and i'll send it to you.

If cryptic doesn't like it I guess you can edit this post :)

I had to extract it from the pigg files, then convert it from an Fmod to mp3.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    love the music. its perfect.
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I wonder how many hours of licence free music they could have put into the game for the cost that each of these new tracks were to create.
  • ximalasximalas Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It will be in your Piggs folder as a type of Fmod file, I ripped a few a while back for upload to Youtube, damned if I remember how to do it now LOL, will look into it later.

In Windows, I enabled the stereo mix output device. I fired up Audacity and made it record the stereo mix output device. In STO, I set all sliders except Overall volume and Music volume to zero. Overall volume and Music volume were set to 100 %. I then rushed to New Romulus and entered the planet. I let the music play to the end, it's roughly 03:37 long. Make sure you run nothing else that can make a sound. After capturing the music, it was simply a matter of editing the recording, saving it for posterity, and creating a MP3 file to be added to my cell phone.

This is legal under Norwegian copyright legislation, but check your region's legislation just to be safe.
  • bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    For me it was the Dyson sphere music. I immediately shat brix when I heard it. It's like Mass Effect quality.

Anyway, here you go:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/22xgjn/the_music_of_sto/cgrek63
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ximalas wrote: »
    In Windows, I enabled the stereo mix output device. I fired up Audacity and made it record the stereo mix output device. In STO, I set all sliders except Overall volume and Music volume to zero. Overall volume and Music volume were set to 100 %. I then rushed to New Romulus and entered the planet. I let the music play to the end, it's roughly 03:37 long. Make sure you run nothing else that can make a sound. After capturing the music, it was simply a matter of editing the recording, saving it for posterity, and creating a MP3 file to be added to my cell phone.

This is legal under Norwegian copyright legislation, but check your region's legislation just to be safe.

Since this is your first post and you have a new account, I'm not going to assume you are trolling. However, you just replied to a thread from 2012. How, exactly, did you find this?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg