test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just reached VA 50...Where to now?

stocapitanstocapitan Member Posts: 15 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Academy
So I just reached VA 50 and I'm wondering where to go to next. I haven't started the borg or breen storyline and I am wondering if I should go straight to the delta quadrant story.

Thoughts?
Post edited by stocapitan on

Comments

• jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    complete the story ARCs as you progress towards 60 leveling becomes a serious grind so get as much EXP as you can now cause later in the DQ you will be wanting for EXP and find very little there.
  • rnaughtrnaught Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Technically speaking, you can't get to the Delta Quad until you've gone through the storyline to a certain point. You can however SKIP the missions leading up to the Delta stuff if you like, but I would seriously recommend that if this is your first time playing through, run every thing in order.

One other thing to consider, if you skip the missions in order to get to the Delta Quad NOW, you will probably wish you hadn't.

While skipping missions gets you to the "endgame" missions faster, if you decide to go back and play them, they will only give you HALF the XP they would have if you didn't skip them. Something that needs to go away, IMO.

The missions in the Delta Quad are, how can I put this... stingy(?) with XP. You will hit a point where only doing Delta missions will leave you short of the next mission in the chain, forcing you to go back and replay other missions, run loads of queues and/or patrols to make up the XP. Some folks don't even bother with hitting up the Delta Quadrant until lvl 53+.

So those missions you skipped in order to do Delta stuff now need to be replayed to get you enough XP to continue with the Delta storyline. Unless you LOVE running queues and patrols over and over. And then once you get to the appropriate level and run that next Delta mission, sometimes you need to hit the NEXT level before the mission after it is available.

It can get frustrating.
    Make a man a fire and keep him warm for the day.

Set a man on fire and keep him warm for the rest of his life.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My Delta Recruit hit 50 yesterday morning at 4:30 AM CDT. I still have five Cardassian Slogfest missions to go. I intend to do the rest of the Story Missions in order. Reason? Leveling my Rom ENG to 60 was a R.P.I.T.A. I learned from leveling him I want to start Delta Ridiculous at least at level 55. To prevent any pauses in going through the Story Missions.

Throw in a Patrol or two. Throw in an STF or two. And you'll be good to go.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My Delta Recruit hit 50 yesterday morning at 4:30 AM CDT. I still have five Cardassian Slogfest missions to go. I intend to do the rest of the Story Missions in order. Reason? Leveling my Rom ENG to 60 was a R.P.I.T.A. I learned from leveling him I want to start Delta Ridiculous at least at level 55. To prevent any pauses in going through the Story Missions.

Throw in a Patrol or two. Throw in an STF or two. And you'll be good to go.

^ This pretty much sums it up :) ... Do anything and everything to get to AT LEAST level 55 before even thinking about going to the Delta Quadrant. Daily Patrols, Red Alerts (Borg ones give bonus XP) STF's, Fleet Queues, DOff missions etc - Rinse and Repeat ...

Also from a "continuity" perspective, it's nice to have actually finished the last mission of the Romulan Rep before starting the Solonae Dyson Sphere missions.

Also on a side note, the Breen Arc is currently bugged for many people, so you may encounter repeated CTD's when trying to complete that part of the story.
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My seventh alt made it to 50 today. I'm just using her as a dilithium grinder, though, so I don't plan on doing much else.
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Story wise it also gets a little iffy. After the Breen ark, you're supposed to finish up the Romulan rep and play through its tier 5 mission to get an understanding of the Solanae arc. From there, just proceed as normal.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • praecopraeco Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2015
    rnaught wrote: »
    While skipping missions gets you to the "endgame" missions faster, if you decide to go back and play them, they will only give you HALF the XP they would have if you didn't skip them. Something that needs to go away, IMO.

Well you should be happy to know that you're wrong then. Skipping missions does take away the first completion bonus. I skipped a few earlier today and compared the rewards listing before and after and there was no change. Additionally, unlike a completed mission, you still have the "Hail" option instead of the "Replay" option.
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    complete the story ARCs as you progress towards 60 leveling becomes a serious grind so get as much EXP as you can now cause later in the DQ you will be wanting for EXP and find very little there.

Second this.

It may seem like a good idea to lvl from 40 to 50 on Defera then skip to post 50 stuff...it's not.
    That toon is basically stuck in the mid 50's.
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • jerichoredoranjerichoredoran Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you want to get the solanae set, do it as close to level 50 as possible. The part where you fly the dyson ship gets a torture at higher levels because everyone scales up but you.
  • stocapitanstocapitan Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for the insight everyone. I just finished the Breen story arc, I'm level 53 and will power through the rest of the story arc's.

The story has been really good so far and I've become quite attached to my Sovereign class starship.