test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Request: Lobi uniform unrestrictions.

phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
I'd like to request the option of unrestricting the uniforms you buy via Lobi. Especially on KDF characters it's hard to fully utilize the items you've bought for either lobi or EC because of the odd restrictions on em. If at all possible, would you fair developers from Cryptic please remove the restrictions so we can use our uniform bits and pieces however we like? As far as I can tell there won't be any (major) clipping around, at least not worse then most of the current items pose that are unrestricted.
Post edited by phalanx01 on

Comments

• senatorvreenaksenatorvreenak Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Full support!
  • bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Im against it.... if they would do that i have fun and hours busy making costumes !!
  • bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bones1970 wrote: »
    Im against it.... if they would do that i have fun and hours busy making costumes !!

Yah, i agree ... Sheesh I spend hours upon hours in the Character Creator and then the Tailor as it is! Gah, if they unrestricted Lobi uniforms as well It'd cost me a fortune.

I'd spend Spock knows how much cash on getting the Lobi for them, and then I'd probably spend twice as much time in game as I do now, mucking around to get just the right "look"

Yeah it's a no win for Cryptic there I'm afraid, so I doubt they'd do it ...

:eek:
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bendalek wrote: »
    Yah, i agree ... Sheesh I spend hours upon hours in the Character Creator and then the Tailor as it is! Gah, if they unrestricted Lobi uniforms as well It'd cost me a fortune.

I'd spend Spock knows how much cash on getting the Lobi for them, and then I'd probably spend twice as much time in game as I do now, mucking around to get just the right "look"

Yeah it's a no win for Cryptic there I'm afraid, so I doubt they'd do it ...

:eek:

What they said! LOL I do support this one.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They should unrestrict mix-matching for all outfits. People would then buy much more costume slots, as it'd actually be worth it. The same for outfits from C-store. People would have another reason to buy them, if there were no restriction on their mixing. It'd be a win situation both for all of us, and Cryptic. It's shame that something so basic wasn't done years ago.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• bendalekbendalek Member Posts: 1,781 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You know, I'm starting to think there is some sort of "sooper seeqwet" (and probably perverted) Cult within the Game Developing and Publishing Industry.

Every MMO Forum I've ever read or participated in, has dozens of posts like this one.

Literally 10's of thousands of players of these games, telling their developers that they would throw boat loads of cash at them, if they just added some costumes, and tailor options ... In other words, let people show off their individuality with their toons. ...

Yet for some unknown reason, every game developer and publisher out there, refuses to do it. They 'hem and haw' and mumble half formulated excuses under their breath, or just ignore the requests altogether.

There must some Bylaw of the Cult or Secret Organization, that disallows proper character customization of any sort to be added to their games.

Maybe they are afraid of opening the "can of worms" so to speak ... If one developer in the Cult does it, then they'll all have too, to avoid unwanted comparisons, or players abandoning their game for the one that does allow it, forcing them to have to hire Artists and Modellers to improve their own games costume options.

Nope, we cant have that! ... :eek:
    Oh, hoho hohhhhh, Oh,, hoho, hohhhhh
    My%20STO%20Sig%20Clear_zps5etu86s1.png
  • jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ... and don't even try to tell me that CBS wants to prevent free-customization, because 'Trek-lore' logic - because then, of course, players flying Tholian, Undine and whatever else ships makes so much sense...but allowing players to create costumes, NOPE! Umm-hmmm... :eek:

Seriously. This is my pet-peeve (next to sexualization of genders in games, completelly different topic, not going there here), and I think that there would be no harm in unrestricting costumes the players have earned for themselves, in a legit way. They shouldn't be told how and when to be able to use them. Kills creativity.. or even incentive to have more than like 6 costume slots, tops.
    [10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    "bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
    "Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
    "Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

• phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ... and don't even try to tell me that CBS wants to prevent free-customization, because 'Trek-lore' logic - because then, of course, players flying Tholian, Undine and whatever else ships makes so much sense...but allowing players to create costumes, NOPE! Umm-hmmm... :eek:

Seriously. This is my pet-peeve (next to sexualization of genders in games, completelly different topic, not going there here), and I think that there would be no harm in unrestricting costumes the players have earned for themselves, in a legit way. They shouldn't be told how and when to be able to use them. Kills creativity.. or even incentive to have more than like 6 costume slots, tops.

I know for 100% certainty that CBS doesn't give a hoot about anything that happens in STO, otherwise they'd have stepped in ages ago to stop the lockbox ships in it's tracks. I think it's just the developers monkeying about with it, I tend to consider Cryptic as a little sloop in the middle of the ocean, desperately trying to peddle in a direction that would make some sense yet they always seem to peddle around in circles. We'll have to take a wait-and-see approach to see what the new EP does but my faith in Cryptic is below freezing point right now. Everything I buy ingame is either via ECs or dilithium to ZEN, I'm not spending a penny 'till I see some good changes rather then another dozen of nerfs and stupidities.