test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Radient strobe effects are annoying!

ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
PLease Devs can you crank down the screen washing out white flashie strobe TRIBBLE or give a person an option to disable seeing it? I have gotten smashed by incoming stuff that I could not see in time to deploy counter measures or evade due to it being washed out by a screen filled with bright white flashy TRIBBLE that floods everything out.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    skollulfr wrote: »
    gfx options > bloom effects

i think thats what you are looking for.
    Oh DOH forgot about that thanks!
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nothing screams "Star Trek" like magical pixie dust effects. Only thing we're missing are Rainbows and Flying Space Ponies.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Nothing screams "Star Trek" like magical pixie dust effects. Only thing we're missing are Rainbows and Flying Space Ponies.

We're not as far away from that as you'd like to believe.
    yreodred wrote: »
    screenshot_2015-05-07-06-18-21_zpsgep3hnjg.jpg
  • Options
    jstewart55jstewart55 Member Posts: 412 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Have a look for Guardians of Equestria next time you log in. :D
  • Options
    induperatorinduperator Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Way ahead of you.
  • Options
    pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    *Runs screaming into the night* No! No! No! No! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

OTOH, it could be "Care Bears" OR "Cabbage Patch Kids"....
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2015

We've got rainbows covered with the color changing Chroniton Dual Beam Array .

... flying space ponies will be a hard one tho ... , buuut I suspect Cryptic are hard at work on something ... , as they usually are ... , when it comes to homage's ...
  • Options
    philipclaybergphilipclayberg Member Posts: 1,680
    edited May 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    ... flying space ponies will be a hard one tho ... , buuut I suspect Cryptic are hard at work on something ... , as they usually are ... , when it comes to homage's ...

As long as we're not being terribly canonical in STO: What about Smurfs, then? Or Gummi Bears? Or Care Bears? Or TMNTs? (okay, this post is a bit on the sarcastic side)
  • Options
    bobtheyakbobtheyak Member Posts: 374 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    +1

All related settings (bloom, lens flare, etc) are completely off and that **** still causes headaches.
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    As long as we're not being terribly canonical in STO: What about Smurfs, then? Or Gummi Bears? Or Care Bears? Or TMNTs? (okay, this post is a bit on the sarcastic side)

Ahh , this reminds me of the era of ... The Space Goat !

Priority 1 was going to do an interview with Stormshade (one of Trendy's forbares) .

Just search for "goat" on these fine questions submitted by players ... -- which clearly prooves that it was the burning topic of the day on the STO forums ! :)
    (did you ever wonder about the "Torothan goats" or "Bringloidi goats")

If it only ended there ... , and we did not have a mention of ... a goat simulator ... .

... all in all this sig said it best : Stormshade promised us Space Goats !!! (never forget !) ...
  • Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bobtheyak wrote: »
    +1

All related settings (bloom, lens flare, etc) are completely off and that **** still causes headaches.

Talk of Spacefaring Ponies and Ninja Turtles aside, this is what I was wondering about. Sounds as tho the effect is not 'optional'. I haven't seen it myself yet, but I'd point out that strobing effects in games are *not* a good idea, as they've been known to trigger seizures in people prone to them. I recall a similar problem in City of Heroes several years ago - one particular power had a significant strobe effect, and there were quite a few players that had some serious issues.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    apsciliaraapsciliara Member Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    aelfwin1 wrote: »
    We've got rainbows covered with the color changing Chroniton Dual Beam Array .

... I want to equip all of those D:
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Me, I love the strobing effects! :) Please, leave em in.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Friendship is MAGIC!
    XzRTofz.gif