test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cardassians or Kremin?

kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
There's been so much talk about playable Cardassians, or even just more Cardassian content, but also, rumblings about the Kremin.

Personally, I'd love to see the Kremin as a new bad guy...especially as one that isn't in some way related to the Iconians!

If the Kremin launched a full scale war on the galaxy to increase the size of their imperium, by eradicating other species and going back to the whole Wells and Temporal Lock Box bit, it would be great :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is no reason it has to be one OR the other. Even if they make a new playable faction, everyone will still need a new bad guy to fight in future content.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,826 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd love to see playable Cardassians personally...the only other faction I'd want to play in this game to be honest.
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kayajay wrote: »
    There's been so much talk about playable Cardassians, or even just more Cardassian content, but also, rumblings about the Kremin.

Personally, I'd love to see the Kremin as a new bad guy...especially as one that isn't in some way related to the Iconians!

If the Kremin launched a full scale war on the galaxy to increase the size of their imperium, by eradicating other species and going back to the whole Wells and Temporal Lock Box bit, it would be great :D

What's a Kremin? Is it some kind of damned off shoot of the Krenim? Because I know who the Krenim are.
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would like Cardassians available as a Federation-only playable race. That said, I'd also want to see a re-species token that would let me convert my existing "alien Cardassian" into a true Cardassian.

As for the Krenim, who says they'd be bad guys? Given the Iconians' Achilles' heel, shouldn't our characters try to court them as potential allies?

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    another one dredging up a ship that sank with a hole in its side, i call it the krenim failboat. why? because there has never been any official canon to confirm the krenim ever had time technology. when the timeline was wiped out that wiped any hard evidence with it.

if the krenim were to come it would be the same as the cardassians, just another race with their own problem and own fleet and so on.. i would sooner it be cardassians because they are the 4th power in the trek universe before the outsider dominion arrived.

the cardassians i have a long standing of wanting to see in sto.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    They always had "deadly weapons based on temporal science", so it bodes well.

Oh and sorry for the spelling mistakes and thank you for being so understanding.
  • Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Krenim were an interesting one off opposing force. But as an empire they offer little. In their incarnation after the Temporal Incursion Ship was destroyed, the Krenim captain was a very cordial gentlemen who simply informed voyager about the area being a contested zone and that they should avoid it.

In fact, it seemed rather quiet. For someone who might be at war over empty space the Captain sure was looking bored.

Anyway:

in STO, did the Vaadwaur not go and ***** slap the Krenim into submission?

Because helping them out of that particular ditch seems mighty more interesting then.... having cardassians be cardassians.

Unless they drag out Marc Alaimo, Jeffrey Combs, Andrew Robinson and Casey Biggs to do cordial, venomous banter... well i guess without that the race itself also is dull.

Seriously, cardassians can not be voiced by any old guy, they need to be affable, gentlemanly evil fcks.
    Do not bring cardassians in unless you have some really good voice talent to fill them with life.

As a playable species... why not. if the players can deal with the small number of ships....
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Well, the Krenim did get two episodes, which was a two-parter and mid-season arc no less. The Vauudwar were only a single episode and we've had an entire expansion dedicated to them, just like the Kobali. The plus point for the Krenim is that they introduce the temporal aspect. At the end of "Year Of Hell" Annorax was working on his calculations, we know the Krenim history and it could easily be that they become a terrible threat.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Both species are boring if you ask me.

Cardassians are neither technologically advanced in the sense that they could be interesting enough to explore when compared to, for example, the Federation. Nor are they primitive, so a storyline where they are heroically fighting a much stronger opponent could be done for the Federation, Klingons and Romulans as well. We don't need Cardassians for that. I fail to see what they have to offer, to me they're just another empire, another species and not even the most likeable.

The Krenim... well we know so little of them from canon that if Cryptic decides to build an entire faction around them, they'd have to design and add a lot of stuff that has never appeared on screen. They'd basically be a random alien race, loosely based on the Krenim.
    This is probably the same reason why we don't have Kobali or Vaadwaur factions: a lot of canon material is needed to make a faction feel like a real Star Trek faction. And we simply don't have that many material on these one-time alien species.

I'd rather see more content for the exisiting factions like finishing or at least proceeding New Romulus, revamping Qu'onos after the Iconian War has ended or adding to/rebuilding Federation core worlds like Andoria and Vulcan.

I'd only be interested in a new playable faction if it were far more technologically advanced like the Voth or some other highly advanced species. Or a technologically far less advanced species that is becoming part of the interstellar community, developing spaceflight and all that. But here you'd run into the same problem: there isn't much material and canon background stuff available.
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'd want to see the Cardassians for iconic purposes only. I don't want them as their own faction, but playable within the existing factions. The Krenim though, I don't want playable at all - though wouldn't mind seeing them as an enemy.

The interesting thing with the Krenim is that they're all about Temporal Tricks (well, those we know of are). That's one problem the Iconian aren't going to be able to deal with, cause they don't do time travel.

That said, the Krenim were only a threat in ST:VOY due to one ship. Unless Cryptic plan on making them some sort of daunting temporal empire, there's not really much point in having them.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Krenim are nobodies. They were in just a few episodes and visually they're basically just humans.

Cardassians are much more developed and deserve the attention more.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    The Krenim were an interesting one off opposing force. But as an empire they offer little. In their incarnation after the Temporal Incursion Ship was destroyed, the Krenim captain was a very cordial gentlemen who simply informed voyager about the area being a contested zone and that they should avoid it.

In fact, it seemed rather quiet. For someone who might be at war over empty space the Captain sure was looking bored.

Anyway:

in STO, did the Vaadwaur not go and ***** slap the Krenim into submission?

Because helping them out of that particular ditch seems mighty more interesting then.... having cardassians be cardassians.

Unless they drag out Marc Alaimo, Jeffrey Combs, Andrew Robinson and Casey Biggs to do cordial, venomous banter... well i guess without that the race itself also is dull.

Seriously, cardassians can not be voiced by any old guy, they need to be affable, gentlemanly evil fcks.
    Do not bring cardassians in unless you have some really good voice talent to fill them with life.

As a playable species... why not. if the players can deal with the small number of ships....
    Jeffrey Combs? Interesting choice for a list of actors who defined the Cardassian race. (He played the Vorta Weyoun)

Combs is awesome though. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    crusader0007crusader0007 Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Whats a Kremin? Never heard of it or if I did never thought to be a foe :D
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well, the Krenim did get two episodes, which was a two-parter and mid-season arc no less. The Vauudwar were only a single episode and we've had an entire expansion dedicated to them, just like the Kobali. The plus point for the Krenim is that they introduce the temporal aspect. At the end of "Year Of Hell" Annorax was working on his calculations, we know the Krenim history and it could easily be that they become a terrible threat.

working on calculations on a padd could mean anything. for all you and i know is that he was working on a thoetical model of what he has planned and it was all within his work space at home. or he was using the padd to contact the local to order take away food.. who knows for sure. you got no proof that they were time calculations and i got no proof that they werent.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Jeffrey Combs? Interesting choice for a list of actors who defined the Cardassian race. (He played the Vorta Weyoun)

Combs is awesome though. :D

The thing with Jeffrey Combs is: he is the perfect type to play a cardassian, since a vorta (or rather weyoun) is essentially the silver tongue aspect of cardassians taken to the max.
    The way he portrayed weyoun, he could easily do a cardassian too.

And i think no one can deny the awesome chemistry between these 3 actors.

The little Damar vs Weyoun quips in "In the pale moonlight". The bickering in the central command room.
    Garak and damar in front of a closed door.... or in a cellar...

Cryptic could easily do a mission with these 4 people in a room just bickering for an hour.

"oh my, that is toxic."

Weyoun being... awesome...
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Krenim are probably being courted as allies, or scouted for their temporal tech, what with the Voyager currently doing missions in their area of space.

Even if they aren't the Empire that they were due to the reset of their power, they still should have some temporal-related tech. So it wouldn't be surprising if we get Chroniton equipment at some point.

I mean, otherwise, we should have had Chroniton equipment as part of the Iconian Resistance Rep; what with them being AP-based and temporal-based (both of which would have fit far better than the Radiant AP equipment we got). And Cryptic surely isn't that ignorant or forgetful of their own other unique equipment.

I expect that regardless of whether they become allies or enemies (or both; a splintered faction akin to Romulans), we'll get a Reputation related to them.

Of course, I wouldn't expect much out of them, since history has already been altered; the Temporal Lobi set further mentions that some equipment were developed ahead of others or in place of others due to other temporal drama, so there's nothing really stopping the main factions from further developing their own Chroniton-based equipment rather than the Krenim or the Klingons.
  • Options
    mrgrocer56mrgrocer56 Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Krenim just so they can hire Kurtwood Smith to call my character "Admiral Dumba$$"

In all seriousness, Cardassians by a mile, as long as Andy Robinson is on board.
  • Options
    abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    reynoldsxd wrote: »
    The thing with Jeffrey Combs is: he is the perfect type to play a cardassian, since a vorta (or rather weyoun) is essentially the silver tongue aspect of cardassians taken to the max.
    The way he portrayed weyoun, he could easily do a cardassian too.

And i think no one can deny the awesome chemistry between these 3 actors.

The little Damar vs Weyoun quips in "In the pale moonlight". The bickering in the central command room.
    Garak and damar in front of a closed door.... or in a cellar...

Cryptic could easily do a mission with these 4 people in a room just bickering for an hour.

"oh my, that is toxic."

Weyoun being... awesome...

To bad Damar died though. So did Weyoun all of his clones where destroyed so no more Weyoun either...kinda sucks.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    To bad Damar died though. So did Weyoun all of his clones where destroyed so no more Weyoun either...kinda sucks.

thats good isn't it. New characters ^^