test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

@pwlaughingtrendy

grandpadxxgrandpadxx Member Posts: 342
Hello,..

just saying that the most German Players really unhappy right now. This Game is unplayable with all the Lags and broken Items.

The Atmosphere is also very bad at this time.. . :(

I really hope that you get the game back on track, because as it is.. it can not go on.

Sorry for my bad english.. . ;)

Regarts
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
T'lilu SCI. / Dxxdavid TAK. / STO Inner Circle
*** R.I.P. ***
Post edited by grandpadxx on

Comments

• mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm from germany and I haven't had any issues for quite a while.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The most German players. Where exactly do you get your numbers from? I'm no German, just a regular Dutch guy, but that doesn't mean I speak for most Dutch people either. I know a couple of Germans, some of those have lag, others don't.

Secondly, they are working on it. THey fixed the lag generation by the Command Battlecruisers. Today's patch includes a fix for several other, unspecified powers, hopefully Attack Pattern Beta. These fixes go a long way to improve server stability. Because when I get a lag spike, its only in PvE maps, and not even all of those. Levelling together with another German player has absolutely zero lag for either of us, except that one time the server died.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rahmkota19 wrote: »
    The most German players. Where exactly do you get your numbers from? I'm no German, just a regular Dutch guy, but that doesn't mean I speak for most Dutch people either. I know a couple of Germans, some of those have lag, others don't.

Seeing as the average forum complainer pretends to speak for the majority of players everywhere, it could be seen as an improvement that this one limits himself to Germany. :D
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I speak for all middle aged overweight canadien men by saying we are all generally unhappy with the gpl store.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    chalpen wrote: »
    I speak for all middle aged overweight canadien men by saying we are all generally unhappy with the gpl store.
    Isn't this just displaced angst over the fact that there are no Canadian teams left in the playoffs? ;)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Isn't this just displaced angst over the fact that there are no Canadian teams left in the playoffs? ;)

Oh that is a low blow. It is a Canadian sport and it has been more than a friggin generation since we brought home the cup.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Take off, you hoser.

Sorry.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • cenellcenell Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    that wasn't very nice Ico, lol
  • royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    chalpen wrote: »
    Oh that is a low blow. It is a Canadian sport and it has been more than a friggin generation since we brought home the cup.
    All in good fun, man. :) Heck, I was just happy that my Flames actually won a playoff series for once.

And Iconians, don't make me come over there and take your autographed copy of "Strange Brew". ;)
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mrspidey2 wrote: »
    I'm from germany and I haven't had any issues for quite a while.

And that means the issues don't exist?
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And that means the issues don't exist?

No, it just means that the OP shouldn't try to speak for a majority that has not been established as actually being a majority.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,166 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    grandpadxx wrote: »
    Hello,..

just saying that the most German Players really unhappy right now.

How do you know this? What data do you have access to? The forums are only a small percent of the total playerbase, so even if every single player on the forum was unhappy that would not mean "most" players were.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • hatchetl4dhatchetl4d Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Matter of fact the OP does speak for the majority here (Germany) since everybody in our German fleet got lags, not a single one not complaining. Even on the German Facebook page theres almost only lag complainments. It seems to slowly get better tho, patch by patch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hatchetl4d wrote: »
    Matter of fact the OP does speak for the majority here (Germany) since everybody in our German fleet got lags, not a single one not complaining. Even on the German Facebook page theres almost only lag complainments. It seems to slowly get better tho, patch by patch.

and your fleet is the majority of the German player base? Just about EVERY German player is in your fleet? No room for alts I guess. Also do you guys switch out members every week so every German can take advantage of the fleet, or do you have a hundred separate fleets all run by the same group? See I'm just curious as to how you consider YOUR fleet to be the majority of the German player base.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    grandpadxx wrote: »
    Hello,..

just saying that the most German Players really unhappy right now. This Game is unplayable with all the Lags and broken Items.

The Atmosphere is also very bad at this time.. . :(

I really hope that you get the game back on track, because as it is.. it can not go on.

Sorry for my bad english.. . ;)

Regarts

whats a network issue got to do with a community rep? you should post this issue in the network section of the forum instead.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    whats a network issue got to do with a community rep? you should post this issue in the network section of the forum instead.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.

This isn't something Trendy even handles. I understand that people are compelled to direct any question to her since she's the most likely to answer you, but this isn't something she does.

You might want to post in the tech support section and try and see if someone there can help you. Trendy is plenty busy already, especially on a Thursday when maintenance is underway.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • bobtheskull99bobtheskull99 Member Posts: 706 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    warpangel wrote: »
    Seeing as the average forum complainer pretends to speak for the majority of players everywhere, it could be seen as an improvement that this one limits himself to Germany. :D

lol at this :P
  • sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited May 2015
    Why make a new post on this? There's is the main post elsewhere that includes not just people form Germany having this issue, but people all around.

See the lag isn't just something Germans are seeing. Others see it as well. And some of us are patiently waiting for when it is completely fixed.

Nailing down these topics were a comment that includes 3 major issues, each with underlying smaller issues. It isn't something they can do instantly over night, but they are working on it. Even if only one by one.
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I don't know how, but the Germans found me!

(j/k)

In regards to the lag, we're narrowing down all the traits and powers that are affecting lag. Last week we introduced one of many patches that will be reducing the lag. Today's was another patch. Hopefully you'll find it will assist in reducing the laggery!
  • laferrari1laferrari1 Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited May 2015

(j/k)

In regards to the lag, we're narrowing down all the traits and powers that are affecting lag. Last week we introduced one of many patches that will be reducing the lag. Today's was another patch. Hopefully you'll find it will assist in reducing the laggery!

Consider yourself lucky! I cannot even start it :P

...My launcher is dead. I even had replaced the fiber optic connector in the main switch as it was malfunctioning, no luck. lolisp.
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • sarosssaross Member Posts: 248 Media Corps
    edited May 2015

(j/k)

Really hoping this made a dent in things. I figure when I get home tonight I'll do a good test on it to see. Most likely recording it to compare for a few runs.
    Need help with a mission to beat it? Visit http://pilotreviewshow.com to learn how we can help!

Top DPS 102k
  • olliereportolliereport Member Posts: 721
    edited May 2015
    please don't add in empty whiteknight contrarian troll posts

these are legitimate OP complaints

many people who play have shifted over to ground combat for competitive fun, but that's not going to hold people forever, in fact I see some evidence of die-off (less chatter, less people) in some of the channels I'm in

EDIT: we all want to see things better lagwise
  • alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    abaddon653 wrote: »
    and your fleet is the majority of the German player base? Just about EVERY German player is in your fleet? No room for alts I guess. Also do you guys switch out members every week so every German can take advantage of the fleet, or do you have a hundred separate fleets all run by the same group? See I'm just curious as to how you consider YOUR fleet to be the majority of the German player base.

Do we have to get all Amelia Bedelia on someone who admits his English isn't at the level of a native speaker's?

I took "most" to mean "a lot." Apparently so did Trendy. And she responded like a normal human being - the OP's main point was about his frustration with the lag, not an estimate of the percentage of players annoyed by the lag in Germany.

Maybe living abroad for a decade has made me sensitive to people who jump on others' minor mistakes in a language that they're already sensitive about their ability to speak.
  • abaddon653abaddon653 Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I call bs on this,this post of his is made with mistakes on purpose,just take a look at his previous post...something just doesnt add up :confused::confused:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1394951

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1100921

Yeah, if you're going to claim your English is bad make sure there is no way for people to discover you are not being entirely truthful.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey folks, the concern and topic was about the latency. You can argue about the minutia of the OP's language proficiencies, but it's off-topic and frankly unrelated to the issue at hand (which is a legitimate issue).

Let's keep it at that.
This discussion has been closed.