test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What is happening to sto ??

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
What is happening to sto is it breaking down ?
Playing FE Series most VO is mixed or not playing is that the lag people talking about ?

Why is the Colosseum mission still broke it has been this way for months now...
Why is in surface tension the ferengi still not on the right spot ??
Why is there suffering while in warp, I checked my connection but that was no problem.
Why are bugs not addressed and why are the devs quite the whole time, Yes a news flits here and there but nothing concrete....

I mean c'mon I know coding and I respect things are be done but right now there are so many bugs around here it's ridiculous, Star Chart or Sector Space there are ships missing false echoes of old missions from the old sector space, Tactical Team isn't working anymore like it should, Kit powers are failing sometimes .
When doing the azure mission after beating the tholians there are mirror ships appearing, Borg STF have invisible torps destroying my ship in a instance unless I was getting blind.
Colosseum Mission Slamek is still not moving in the second round like his path notes has been disappeared.
The Skirmish mission doesn't show KDF ships but is showing Iconian Dreadnought Ships.
And I can type here a lot more problems but what is happening to the game after the season 10 update their are more and more problems showing ....

Is the gameserver breaking down or something ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
Post edited by grazyc2#7847 on

Comments

• Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    (...)

No.

/10char
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    ryakidrysryakidrys Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Playing FE Series most VO is mixed or not playing is that the lag people talking about ?

Why is there suffering while in warp, I checked my connection but that was no problem.
    Why are bugs not addressed and why are the devs quite the whole time, Yes a news flits here and there but nothing concrete....

Lag has been acknowledged by devs as coming from excessive processing in instances with respect to inspiration and attack pattern beta. Since multiple instances may be running on a single server in a farm of servers, the excessive processing may affect some instances and servers more than others based on what is happening. I've seen every STF I have played have lag, some just get it more often. The problem seems to be especially bad when larger numbers of players are online. Devs said it is being worked on, so we shall wait to see when it gets resolved.

The other bugs you speak of are minor issues in comparison. Play other STFs or episode missions if you must for now and try them another time if the current problems are too difficult to push through.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    angrytarg wrote: »
    No.

/10char

No... No what sir ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    ryakidrys wrote: »
    Lag has been acknowledged by devs as coming from excessive processing in instances with respect to inspiration and attack pattern beta. Since multiple instances may be running on a single server in a farm of servers, the excessive processing may affect some instances and servers more than others based on what is happening. I've seen every STF I have played have lag, some just get it more often. The problem seems to be especially bad when larger numbers of players are online. Devs said it is being worked on, so we shall wait to see when it gets resolved.

The other bugs you speak of are minor issues in comparison. Play other STFs or episode missions if you must for now and try them another time if the current problems are too difficult to push through.

Yeah I guess so but it's annoying if you try to get leveled up the XP ranks as for the STF I had the same lag and they think they solved it I hope they did ... and the other problems where noted before the Season 10 came, It's just .... yeah annoying is the best word I can come up with...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Options
    realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No... No what sir ?

No....Thank You?
  • Options
    lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The real question you should be asking is why Defera has not been fixed, even though that bug has existed since 2010. 2010! Yes. A bug that has existed since the first year of STO, and still no acknowledgements from the Devs. I can almost guarantee, that bug will still remain all the way to the day when Cryptic finally decides to shut down STO forever.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • Options
    feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015

1) Glitched but running. For most people.

2) I doubt it is lag. It seems to me that because the cut scene is from sector space right by Sol you get sector music playing and some of the voice channels want to be on that chanel as well and cut each other off.

3) not sure what you mean.

4) Right spot? To me he is under the floor since after the first time I played it. :(

5) I assume you meant stuttering not suffering. I have seen this as well. It is from any front view like the camera is bouncing off something. Also no longer able to zoom in on my ship for a closeup screen shot anymore as it completely vanishes.

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • Options
    hravikhravik Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Didn't you just make a post the other day complaining about people that are complaining about the stuff you're complaining about now? :confused:
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    No... No what sir ?

No, STO is not breaking down and this is not the end of the world.

As lindaleff said, this is business as usual. There are bugs in the game that are five years old and were never publicly acknowledged. Some stuff just falls under the radar and isn't compatible with the current development goal. And the latency issues have beena dressed and are being worked on. Admitedly, I think they are entirely homemade - all those ridiculous flashy clicky consoles, abilities and traits - the game ran smooth without them, now it's a mess and looks awfull.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In what way is coliseum broken? That's my regular farm mission and I've been doing it on average 5 to 6 times a day on various characters for months and never once had an issue with it.
  • Options
    tenoholtenohol Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So many things TRIBBLE me off in this game. I love alot of the stuff here but cartooneesh graphics low polly models, misrepresented small areas of space,unnaturally huge corridors,no logic.... and fk who ever started the patch for kicking me out while i was doing stufff! grrr... damn bustards!
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    belidos wrote: »
    In what way is coliseum broken? That's my regular farm mission and I've been doing it on average 5 to 6 times a day on various characters for months and never once had an issue with it.

You can get stuck during fighting the worm, when Slamek doesnt follow you. Though I only encountered this bug once.

But you sure have a masochistic side, playing coliseum that often^^
  • Options
    chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The voices inside my head say that it is caused by the San Andreas fault line since cryptic is in California.
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
  • Options
    aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hravik wrote: »
    Didn't you just make a post the other day complaining about people that are complaining about the stuff you're complaining about now? :confused:

Maybe he actually logged in ?

... or not ...
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    hravik wrote: »

lol.. You're right.. he did.

Apparently, complaining is only ok if he's the one doing it. :rolleyes:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lol.. You're right.. he did.

Apparently, complaining is only ok if he's the one doing it. :rolleyes:

Some people crave for attention ;)
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    woodwhity wrote: »
    You can get stuck during fighting the worm, when Slamek doesnt follow you. Though I only encountered this bug once.

But you sure have a masochistic side, playing coliseum that often^^

The iconion tech in there for some reason counts for every iconion tech in the DR box instead of just the coliseum one if you pick it up before the mission prompts you to and it's quick and easy to do, plus you don't need the mission to get the tech/data on some of them so you can team up and pick and choose the missions you want to do to get them ;)