test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR-116B and the KDF

mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Academy
Hi all,

Not sure if this is a bug or not so I am doing a little digging first!

I am currently running a KDF Alien delta recruit and am trying to equip the TR-116b rifle as I am now doing the Borg arc. The rifle itself is a standard Mk XII very rare that says you have to be a (KDF) Major General (45+) which I am currently lvl47.

However everytime I go to equip the rifle it gives the box saying it will become bound but then gives a message saying 'I do not meet the requirements to equip that item.'

Am I missing something in that I have to be a different level or something, or is this indeed a bug.

Thanks in advance.
hZbIdbh.jpg
THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chapel29chapel29 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mjarbar wrote: »
    Hi all,

Not sure if this is a bug or not so I am doing a little digging first!

I am currently running a KDF Alien delta recruit and am trying to equip the TR-116b rifle as I am now doing the Borg arc. The rifle itself is a standard Mk XII very rare that says you have to be a (KDF) Major General (45+) which I am currently lvl47.

However everytime I go to equip the rifle it gives the box saying it will become bound but then gives a message saying 'I do not meet the requirements to equip that item.'

Am I missing something in that I have to be a different level or something, or is this indeed a bug.

Thanks in advance.

hiya the TR-116b rifle is a lvl50 item that could be it
  • qziqzaqziqza Member Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    have you been back to qo nos for the promotion to rank up? or what ^ said :)
    tYld1gu.gif?1
    TOS style icons used with the kind permission of irvinis.deviantart.com ©2013-2015
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just checked on my KDF, I have a TR-116B too. It does say Major General which is level 47. I didn't have any issues equipping mine but then again I was well over 50 when I finally broke down and bought it.

I suggest levelling to 50 as quick as possible and the trying. If still no joy, file a bug report.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • quintarisquintaris Member Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I had the same issue with the Aegis set on my Delta Recruit. Said level 45, couldn't equip until 50.
    w8xekp.jpg
  • mjarbarmjarbar Member Posts: 2,084 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hello all thanks for the replies,

I did do the rank promotion at 45 but as you have all said if it is a tooltip error I will do some patrols etc. to get to 50 before trying to continue the Borg arc (I really can't be bothered to stand there after two or three shots to keep remodulating the weapon, and doing this arc 6 times in 4 weeks I could do with the break - teach me to level 2 toons before the Delta Recruit went live :) )

If I still have the poblem at 50+ I'll file a bug report for it and if not one for the tool tip error.

Thanks again guys (and gals???)
    hZbIdbh.jpg
    THANK YOU FOUNDRY - YOUR CONTENT GAVE ME MANY HAPPY HOURS
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i think things changed when they introduced level cap upgrade. all mk xii and xiii weapons now require level 50 to equip as far as i remember.

maybe the tooltip didn't change, or the weapon wasn't put into the upgrade box to refresh it.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I posted about it here http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1448581

It's a bug. The TR116-B rifle and other special crafted items incorrectly show you can equip them for whatever rank level 45 is for your faction. The truth is you can't equip them until level 50. Placing the items into the upgrade window doesn't change anything.