test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

My turret ship needs help !!!

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
I know this thread has been put up before but that was an question thread...

Ok I build up my Vo'Quv Carrier as a turret ship here is the config....

6 x [Tetryon Turret Mk XII [Acc] [CrtD] [CrtH]]
[Neutrino Deflector Array Mk XII [Sen] [Stl]]
[Combat Impulse Engines Mk XII [Aux] [Damp]]
[Hyper Injection Warp Core Mk XIII [E->S] [Eff] [SSR]]
[Covariant Shield Array Mk XIII [Ap] [Pla]]

Consoles :

3 x [Console - Engineering - Neutronium Alloy Mk XII]
4 x [Console - Science - Emitter Array Mk XII]
2 x [Console - Tactical - Tetryon Pulse Generator Mk XII]

Ok this is just a beginning I'm still building up a good build, Now I like your support if you could give me some advice who to build this up better... Your advice is welcome...

Still building don't have much EC at the moment but that will come in time...
Deflector and such I like that to have this in fleet version but should I do Elite or Advanced same with the turrets and witch turrets could I use, Tetryon or Polaron, Anti Proton which is best to use for this build.

I look forward at your advice and how to proceed and for those who like to try this may want to follow this thread...

Cheers !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
Post edited by grazyc2#7847 on

Comments

• guilli88guilli88 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Turrets are ****.

sig

http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/5451/om71.jpg

It is a peculiar phenomenon that we can imagine events that defy the laws of the universe.
  • thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Your only good build can be made from beams and using B:FAW, turrets have terrible damage.
    Gameserver not found.
  • grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's not meant for DPS for that I have enough tools like pilot and such to succeed.... and at the moment it's a fun project ... !!!!

Like to prove you can build a carrier with only turrets like a cruiser can only use torps !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
    edited May 2015
    guilli88 wrote: »
    Turrets are ****.

For now I easily defeat the borg with it ... !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,873 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well if you want turrets I'd say use anything else than Tetryon? Maybe Romulan Plasma or Elite Fleet Disruptors?

I take you you're trying to build a tanking mothership with 360 degree ark?
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    edited May 2015
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Well if you want turrets I'd say use anything else than Tetryon? Maybe Romulan Plasma or Elite Fleet Disruptors?

Ok I'll note that in the book thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,643 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you want to stick with Tetryon:

Go to as many Tholian red alerts as you can and spend time on the ground on Nukara.

Get Refracting Tetryon gear "free" from the daily and hourly Nukara reputation boxes.

Get the Nuka console + web mine set (+8% tetryon damage), you can skip the beam part of the set

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Nukara_Appropriated_Munitions

Get at least 2 of the Nukara shield, engine, deflector (+2.5% damage)

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Nukara_Strikeforce_Technologies

For disruptors, you'd go to the Undine space battle zone and earn the heavy disruptor turret and console, then also get bio-molecular turrets from the daily & hourly rep boxes.
    edited May 2015
    If you want to stick with Tetryon:

Go to as many Tholian red alerts as you can and spend time on the ground on Nukara.

Get Refracting Tetryon gear "free" from the daily and hourly Nukara reputation boxes.

Get the Nuka console + web mine set (+8% tetryon damage), you can skip the beam part of the set

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Nukara_Appropriated_Munitions

Get at least 2 of the Nukara shield, engine, deflector (+2.5% damage)

http://sto.gamepedia.com/Nukara_Strikeforce_Technologies

For disruptors, you'd go to the Undine space battle zone and earn the heavy disruptor turret and console, then also get bio-molecular turrets from the daily & hourly rep boxes.

Nice thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,643 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Also, you can upgrade the reputation weapons. So if you get a turret with CrtD CrtH or CrtDx2 you can buy some improved tech upgrade off the exchange and level it up to mark 13.

I'd suggest that you stop at 13 instead of paying the very high cost of upgrading to mark 14 and epic in case you decide to change weapons later.

Also, save any beams and cannons you get from the rep boxes in your bank or on your other ships "for later.". Maybe you don't want beams now but you might get a new ship and want beams on it.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well way back, about 2 years I ago, I put together an AP turret build.
    While I never broke 7500 dps (with mkxii purples , when that was top end gear) I can say I had a blast.

I used the fleet excelsior as a base, it has 8 weapon slots, and can use cannon rapid fire.
    I'm sure with the proper set up, with mkxiv gear, you can probably crack 10k dps.
    At the time my turrets were fleet issue. CrtDx2 Dmgx2

I may actually revisit this idea.
    Ive wanted to try it out again for a while.

I'd advise you to use crtDx3 CrtH AP or rom Plasma turrets.
    Next step would be to aquire MK xiv fleet locators or exploiters, I think for a turret build you'd be best served with locators, to up your crit H chances.
    I mean the base damage isn't high to begin with, so I figure you'd rather crit more often, then having stronger crit damage.

Same with the turrets actually, it may be best to go with CrtHx3/ Acc perhaps or crtHx3 crtD
    If you can find them on the exchange. They'd certainly be cheaper then crtDx3
    Versions.
    And...enjoy the turret boat, they're a lot of fun :)
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
    edited May 2015
    Thought on rebuilding it with Corrosive Plasma Turrets only there not much of them available at the moment But on looking further if I use Turrets with [Pen] it has a higher rate of penetrating armor And I thought of using the Undine weapons because they ignore shields in case of the vaadwaur it seems logical to use this...

Also Use an Locater as you suggested and something that give turrets extra power...
    I still trying to figure it out but as of now Undine are most likely to go !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kirk2390 wrote: »
    Thought on rebuilding it with Corrosive Plasma Turrets only there not much of them available at the moment But on looking further if I use Turrets with [Pen] it has a higher rate of penetrating armor And I thought of using the Undine weapons because they ignore shields in case of the vaadwaur it seems logical to use this...

Also Use an Locater as you suggested and something that give turrets extra power...
    I still trying to figure it out but as of now Undine are most likely to go !!!

I was looking at plasma weapons on the exchange recently, including corrosive.

Corrosives are nice but damn pricey compared to regular plasma.

Canon Weapons with crtd crth pen vary dramatically in price. Single plasma cannons you can get for about 100k, duals and dual heavies, the price skyrockets to 6-700k, corrosive, you can double that easily, I didn't check turret prices.

If you do go plasma, romulan rep boxes give decent romulan plasma weapons, including turrets.

I'd be tempted to fit single cannons up front and turrets aft, then paint "This end towards enemy" on the bow of your ship. ;)
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • p609546036p609546036 Member Posts: 5
    edited May 2015
    I don't know how well it would work, but with a Vo'Quv maybe you could make it work by stacking Particle Generators for DPS or Flow Capacitors for epic drain and then using five turrets for procs and an omnibeam for the called shots.
  • reginamala78reginamala78 Member Posts: 4,593 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think I'd set up a drain build and load polaron turrets personally, run the ship as "I turn your shields off, my BoP pets pump torpedoes into your hull." Though without beams you couldn't use Subsystem Targeting so you do lose that. Not exactly a min-max build, but it'd work as an experiment.
  • imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I used the fleet excelsior as a base, it has 8 weapon slots, and can use cannon rapid fire.
    I'm sure with the proper set up, with mkxiv gear, you can probably crack 10k dps.
    At the time my turrets were fleet issue. CrtDx2 Dmgx2

I did something similar when I first started playing (Fleet Excelsior was my first "big" ship purchase in-game), only difference was I was sporting 3 Polaron single cannons and the Borg torp in the front, along with 3 Polaron turrets and the cutting beam in back... Used to hold it's own pretty well and is a cruiser build I've considered toying with again...
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    I did something similar when I first started playing (Fleet Excelsior was my first "big" ship purchase in-game), only difference was I was sporting 3 Polaron single cannons and the Borg torp in the front, along with 3 Polaron turrets and the cutting beam in back... Used to hold it's own pretty well and is a cruiser build I've considered toying with again...

Same here, I may try setting up something tonight.

Excel is a good base, but I'd imagine any ship with 8 weapons sports would work.
    Single cannons up front would also be annother way to bring up the DPS if 8 turrets doesn't satisfy the OP.

But seriously, its a blast firing 8 turrets with cannon rapid fire.. just looks so cool.
    The T6 Samsar might be a good choice too actually.
    Depending on the tactical Boff layout (never opened my box, so not sure what the tac setup is on that ship...).another interesting choice might be the T6 Breen carrier we got during the WW event.
    Especially if OP wants to use plasma turrets, as he could use Rom scorpion pets, which have plasma based attack.

As for polarons, yep that would work too, I was toying with the idea of getting phased polaron turrets.
    For a drain build.
    If OP really wanted to use plasma, I'd suggest the Rom plasmas, good procs and easy to pick what mods You want from to Rom rep store...but they do cost quite a bit of dilithium.
    The corrosives are excellent plasma weapons.. but super expensive...
    But there would not be a problem mixing some different plasma turrets, Like for example a few corrosives, a few Rom plasmas, a few classic plasmas.
    Could be interesting.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    If you want to do something crazy; why not get a rainbow omnibeam set going?

Its expensive but compared to turrets, omnibeams are great and do the same job with far greater dps - plus all the advantages of faw

Sure, its not as 'legit' as some builds but as a Vo only has a few tac console slots; a couple of omni-type exploiters might serve you well...
  • antzudanantzudan Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I toyed with the idea of having a carrier with 360 weapons and putting all the engine power into other systems. But I would do it with antiproton then wack on the two omnibeams and the kinetic cutting beam too. then only three turrets