test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tactical Kit Disparity?

lordtrekkielordtrekkie Member Posts: 44 Arc User
So why is it that if I want to run 5 Medic modules on a Sci, I can find a kit to do that, if I want to run 5 Fabrication modules on an Engineer, I can do that, but I can't run 5 Strategic modules (or 5 Assault) on a tac?

I really hope I'm just failing at the exchange, but all the Delta/Xindi/Fleet kits seem to have the same layout, 1 Dual purpose and then 2 of each... Whereas the Eng/Sci kits have a variety of layouts...

Am I missing something? Or do these really not exist?
Post edited by lordtrekkie on

Comments

• Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    http://sto.gamepedia.com/Kit

Based on that, there would appear to be a way to 5x Assault but not 5x Strategic.

But I know next to nothing about Ground...but er, hrmm, guess I should change the kit on my Tac - lol, I never really bothered and it's kind of goofy.
  • Options
    gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Since the link in the above post could be confusing:

The 5x assault kit is from the romulan embassy fleet holding
    There is no 5x support but undine reputation store has a 4/1 option.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Honestly, tac captains really get the shaft when it comes to ground. (I guess its to make up for them being the best for space?) To my knowledge there isn't any reason why anyone would want to have all assault kit modules (maybe an argument can be made for strategic).
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Honestly, tac captains really get the shaft when it comes to ground.

You are joking, arent you? Since the lockboxes contain new kitpowers, the tacs have been heavily buffed on ground.
    Though you are correct, a full set of one kind of abilities is subpar.
  • Options
    johnstewardjohnsteward Member Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    woodwhity wrote: »
    You are joking, arent you? Since the lockboxes contain new kitpowers, the tacs have been heavily buffed on ground.

Well its mostly since delta T5 that tacs also rule ground.. Maybe with the exception of hge.
  • Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I pretty much just equip a pistol with Expose, bind my Lunge kit module to every key, then roll my face around on the keyboard while screaming about how 1337 I am. I figure it's basically what the Antiproton Fire At Will guys are doing when they're in space.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Honestly, tac captains really get the shaft when it comes to ground. (I guess its to make up for them being the best for space?) To my knowledge there isn't any reason why anyone would want to have all assault kit modules (maybe an argument can be made for strategic).

I wanted to run a 5x Strategic Kit on my DR Reman, Overwatch, Battle Strategies, Rally Cry, Coordinated Efforts, and Motivation, hence the question.
    schloopdoo wrote: »
    I pretty much just equip a pistol with Expose, bind my Lunge kit module to every key, then roll my face around on the keyboard while screaming about how 1337 I am. I figure it's basically what the Antiproton Fire At Will guys are doing when they're in space.

I fall asleep easily, especially when what I'm doing is boring/takes no effort, so while that may work out great, it just would mean bad times for me, since I don't move in my sleep. :D
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Aye, trajectory bending from the newer box is damn nice (and underpriced if you ask me, you can get em for sub-100k i bought a bunch).. Guaranteed flanking damage..
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I guess I haven't been up to date on new kit powers, the STO wiki doesn't yet have them listed, let alone describe what they do.
    Aye, trajectory bending from the newer box is damn nice (and underpriced if you ask me, you can get em for sub-100k i bought a bunch).. Guaranteed flanking damage..

Thanks for the tip, looks like a good ability and falls within my price range.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    kerfokerfo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can't say tactical iis missing out on anything even if they don't have a 5 strategic module kit (if they don't that is. I"m too lazy to research into it) I play all careers and I can certainly say that Tactical captains, ground and space, are not shafted in any way. This game was practically designed for them. You could sneeze at a random key on the keyboard and you'll probably kill something as a tac.

I would say though not to be too worried on it really. There's plenty of viable things one can do with a mix of assault and strategic modules. Science and Engineers probably get full of one or the others more easily due to how their careers are played. If one wanted to play them that way I suppose. Like a full medic or something.

You aren't missing out in a 4/1 tac kit though. Just dig a little deep in all the stuff out there for tacticals and you'll likely find yourself using the mixed variations anyways.

Might as well have kept Motivation with its lulzy Critical Hit chance modifiers when it had them if they want to add things like this.

That made me laugh. In a good way of course. I came to the forum because I was bored and now I got entertained. :P
    STO forum term definitions for newbies: Piloting Skill: That thing you do where you fly around and avoid big scary green plasma balls of death. Pressing F and spacebar may also relate to skill. Taco: A very sacred thing. Do not speak I'll of the Taco or things will happen. Terrible things! Humor: Something not found here. Don't bring it. This forum is serious business. Fun: Something illegal. Don't have it and don't bring it
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Well its mostly since delta T5 that tacs also rule ground.. Maybe with the exception of hge.

Well, even without it you can stack so many things now and end it with a great bamm. But in teamplay it heavily comes down to the competency of the team. If you have a competent team, an all-tac team will rule everything. If you dont have, and engineer can easily outdamage an tactician.

Last HGE I was the single tac with 4 engineers. Normally, we should have steamrolled that, but when a single tac with his long CDs can double the damage of the first engineer, its clear that the mission can only fail. And then I hear something like "engineers are too weak". Engineers arent weak, not in space and especially not on ground. Whoever says so can only be an incompetent player. (well enough rant about that HGE)

Nah, its far to inefficient to compare to a BFAW-Keybind.

Forget the flanking damage. 66 more CrtD. Stack that with other things ending with Polaron bombardment (or Delta T5 for larger groups) and enjoy the annihilation.

I wanted to run a 5x Strategic Kit on my DR Reman, Overwatch, Battle Strategies, Rally Cry, Coordinated Efforts, and Motivation, hence the question.

You are heavily dependend on your team then, especially if you pug. Some pugs can be buffed like hell without actually doing any damage. I would suggest you take at least one plasma grenade/polaron bombardment with you. And trajectory bending. Switch them for the two commando-abilities. Will make you even more of a teamplayer.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    You are heavily dependend on your team then, especially if you pug. Some pugs can be buffed like hell without actually doing any damage. I would suggest you take at least one plasma grenade/polaron bombardment with you. And trajectory bending. Switch them for the two commando-abilities. Will make you even more of a teamplayer.
    I don't usually pug group content, but I was considering taking trajectory bending, at least for the time being, since I can't find a kit frame for what I want.
  • Options
    fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Forget the flanking damage. 66 more CrtD. Stack that with other things ending with Polaron bombardment (or Delta T5 for larger groups) and enjoy the annihilation.

Lol... 'other things ending in polaron bombardment' and yea i forgot to mention the crtd :)