test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Finished my delta ... now..... what?

realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
Really pushed hard to finish the Delta, grabbed all my rewards, grabbed em on alts just in case the Temporal Agents went poof on 5/21, and I just came to the realization that I completely forgot about everything else STO I was doing.

Now I'm sorta like..."now, what?"
Post edited by realisticalty on

Comments

• startrek6000startrek6000 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Get ready for the summer event on Risa. :)
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015

It's no different than it's been for over 5 years...
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What are your "goals" for STO? To simply have fun? Then do whatever content you enjoy. To get some item in the game store you want? Then earn dil to convert to zen. To upgrade gear? Earn what you need to do it.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Make another delta, grind more, buy more ships, grind more.

The metrics will have their coffers filled with the blood sweat and tears of its player base!

:cool:
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bunansa wrote: »
    Make another delta, grind more, buy more ships, grind more.

The metrics will have their coffers filled with the blood sweat and tears of its player base!

:cool:

*rolls eyes*

If people think STO is nothing but a grind and all about Cryptic fleecing the players for all they're worth, why do some people even bother to play?
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • rosetyler51rosetyler51 Member Posts: 1,631 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    *rolls eyes*

If people think STO is nothing but a grind and all about Cryptic fleecing the players for all they're worth, why do some people even bother to play?

This is what I think too. There is a few games I could say is better then STO but the grind or P2W in those are COUNTLESS times worst then what I deal with in STO (before and after Delta Rising)
  • centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My Delta is going to be turned into a farming plowshare, especially since it is now completing reputations; all that dill can go to my fleet holdings. He'll likely spend the rest of his days consigned to the Fleet dilithium mine... :P
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    That isn't a bad answer for alts who you're not interested in continuining to progress through story content with. Captains get a mountain of dilithium for every reputation they complete, and between the free Reputation Marks that rain down on Delta Recruits and the rapid reputation progress Tokens you can create with a character who has already completed the reps, you can turn your Delta Recruits into Dilithium refining cows in pretty short order.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Really pushed hard to finish the Delta, grabbed all my rewards, grabbed em on alts just in case the Temporal Agents went poof on 5/21, and I just came to the realization that I completely forgot about everything else STO I was doing.

Do you really need to have players telling you what to play?
    XzRTofz.gif
  • lalairlalair Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Did you complete the DR story line for all three factions (Fed, KDF, and Romulan)? There are some Fed, KDF, and Romulan episodes that will only unlock if you go part way thru those story arcs that will not unlock with the others.

I completed the Federation story line first and then did the Romulan, up to a the Spectral episode. I am almost finished with the KDF and only have to complete the Dominion episode to have all the unlocks.
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    imruined wrote: »
    *rolls eyes*

you know if I was being serious id use this face > :mad: not this face :cool: :rolleyes:
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    the delta recruit event was a great success for me, I rolled 3 deltas (fed,rom,kdf) enjoyed playing through all the missions, earned a ton of goodies for my main characters, used the opportunity to gain a few alts that I have often thought I could make use of on occasion.

now I have completed all of the required missions for the deltas and have finished the reputations with them (bar iconian) its basically back to playing my main characters for the most part, I shall try to do doff missions with them every day if time allows and on occasion maybe play the odd mission with them, maybe do some of the events with them when they crop up like mirror & CC but for the most part I will concentrate all my play on my mains.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.