Comments

• xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hands out a cookie laced with vitriol he he.. Enjoy! :rolleyes:
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    Hands out a cookie laced with vitriol he he.. Enjoy! :rolleyes:

Wow, you want to poison people with sulfuric acid?
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    edited May 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    Wow, you want to poison people with sulfuric acid?

lol, a metaphoric allusion for the post above. ;)

EDIT: Wait, I'm typing to someone who has the word 'kill' in their signature questioning me if I want to kill... If I didn't know better, I'd be tempted to think he's got kill on the brain.. :P
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lol, a metaphoric allusion for the post above. ;)

EDIT: Wait, I'm typing to someone who has the word 'kill' in their signature questioning me if I want to kill... If I didn't know better, I'd be tempted to think he's got kill on the brain.. :P

Keep grasping at straws.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    edited May 2015
    cidjack wrote: »
    Keep grasping at straws.

Well, since you're holding the lemonade... *hands over a straw.*
  • age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I would if it realy were like Starfleet Command and the ships were balanced out.Get rid of the tier system as it doesn't work and make ship avaible to players once they fineshed construction.Bring in a stardate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I love STO too. Its definately in my top 5 games.
  • stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nesomumi2 wrote: »
    keybinds my friend, keybinds. once you master it, you will never look at a keyboard again.

He said look at his ability bars, not look at his keyboard...

For some classes such as Sith Marauders they can have a bunch of cooldowns to keep track of. And the cooldowns dont all have the same timers either. Like the spec that i run at level 51 has one 10sec cooldown, four 12sec CD, two 15sec CD, one 18sec CD, one 45sec CD, one variable cooldown ability that can be either be 10.5sec, 9sec, 7.5sec or 6sec depending on how many stacks of a buff i have. I also have an on use buff that i can activate for a slight dps boost. And those are only offensive abilities...i have another 3 personal defensive cooldowns, 2 personal/group defensive cooldowns, 1 CC break and 2-3 other utility abilities. Nobody hardly uses CC but i could use one (only on droids/mechanicals not humanoids) if the group really needed it.

And the thing is SWTOR has a terrible particle notification, audio notification and buff/debuff tracking system. When i get 30stacks of a buff my toon glows bright red. And that is all i have for particle effects. There are others but they dont make sense at all like when you get an ability that activates cause you dodged an attack your eyes glow. Well what good is that when we look at our characters from behind? For the buffs and debuffs your short duration procs/buffs gets intermixed with your hour long and permanent buffs. Which wouldnt be so bad except you can have 4-6 hourlong/perma buffs/potions on you in combat. I've had so many buffs in only 4man dungeon groups that my buff bar overlapped into the enemy UI frame, and mine are set pretty far apart. And SWTOR doesnt allow addons i believe so you cant use anything to help clean up your UI. So you have to keep glancing over at your bars to see when abilities are off CD so you can use them again.

Thats not really something that keybindings can fix...
    edited May 2015
    Best of all, STO is almost fully blended with the real Trek. I mean look at all the actors from the real Trek series who've done voice-overs or narrated some part here. Can you imagine the same Leonard Nimoy, who played in 60's westerns doing a part here? How absolutely awesome is that?! Can't think of any other MMOG with that kind of integration between the real films and their virtual counterparts. Conan Unchained is a visually impressive MOG, but you won't find Arnold Schwarzenegger or Olivia D'Abo voicing there, nor Orlando Bloom or Cate Blanchett in LOTRO, Kirsten Dunst in Marvel Heroes, or Michael Keaton in DCU. Here, I'm pretty sure we can rack up a dozen, let's see there's,

Spock- Leonard Nimoy
    Seven of Nine- Jeri Ryan
    Tasha Yar and Sela- Denise Crosby
    Worf- Michael Dorn
    EMH- Zachary Quinto (but played Spock in the JJ films)
    Harry Kim- Garrett Wang
    Leeta- Chase Masterson (so lucky to have me a holo-Leeta! now if I could only get a red matter capacitor...)
    Tuvok- Tim Russ
    Tom Paris- Robert Duncan McNeill
    Miral Paris- Lisa LoCicero
    Neelix- Ethan Philips
    Doctor- Robert Picardo
    Jhet'leya- Kim Rhodes
    Computer- Majel Barret
    Kar- Aron Eisenberg (but played Nog in DS9)

...now that's well over a dozen of the real Trek actors that been involved in STO right there, plus there's,

Subcommander Khail/Chancellor J'mPok- Liam McIntyre (who played Spartacus in the TV series, how awesome is that? omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
    Admiral T'Nae and a dozen other sto voices- Lani Minella (famous MMO voiceover artist - if it's a game and has voiceovers, chances are she's in it!)

plus tons of fabulous voice-actors, a full list of which you can find HERE.

Here's to hoping the player base here appreciates the special work STO is and allows Star Trek Online to be one of those rare MMOG's that get grandfathered into perpetuity.
  • nicha0nicha0 Member Posts: 1,456 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm a bit surprised at all the F2P model love for STO.
    You people realize that its the "amazing" model that has directly lead to massive game ruining power creep? Not sure how great that is.

So far I'm really a fan of SWTOR, just sub, the game is super fun, no hassles, no bugging for money, no power creep, just fun. Its how games should be.
    Delirium Tremens
    Completed Starbase, Embassy, Mine, Spire and No Win Scenario
    Nothing to do anymore.
    http://dtfleet.com/
    Visit our Youtube channel
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I love STO too, and can't wait to play it more regularly... when they fix the DirectX 3D issues that are currently keeping me from playing...

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
    edited May 2015
    crm14916 wrote: »
    I love STO too, and can't wait to play it more regularly... when they fix the DirectX 3D issues that are currently keeping me from playing...

:)
    CM

Switch from Dx 11 to Dx 9 in the options or by editing the Gameprefs.pref file. If it is unplayable, you should consider upgrading your videocard, especially if yours is integrated. Lots of affordable ones available that work well for under $50, like from EVGA and Zotac. For more tips, see the STO Graphics Troubleshooting Guide
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    sto is the best for me, I have tried many others including wow, swtor and many others but they pale in comparison.

theres not much in sto I don't like, sure its not perfect has a few bugs and there are a few things I don't much care for but overall its the only one I can play for as long as I do without getting bored.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

edited May 2015
    The thing about a game's longterm playability is to have something to do depending on the varying time range the individual has available to stay. In STO, there are a multitude of short events like doffing or Crafting, where you can do as little or as much as you want and spend anywhere from a minute up. Then you have PvE's and reputation with medium time spent from 15-30 mins. Add in regular events and building fleets, leveling, or story missions and you have a busy day. The time flexibility is how STO is able to fit in to any gamer's lifestyle, and it works well. Even if you're very busy and only have a few minutes; you can make progress towards a goal. That works even better when you have a plan.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    nicha0 wrote: »
    I'm a bit surprised at all the F2P model love for STO.
    You people realize that its the "amazing" model that has directly lead to massive game ruining power creep? Not sure how great that is.

So far I'm really a fan of SWTOR, just sub, the game is super fun, no hassles, no bugging for money, no power creep, just fun. Its how games should be.

not true, since when it was subscription based the latest ship was the "bestest" ship and it cost money too.
    power creep is also relative, since STO is 90% PVE (for most people even 100%) and power creep is utterly irrelevant in PVE. A moot point therefore.

also, your description of SWTOR is more or less inaccurate...superfun is subjective, no hassle is not really relevant information, no bugging for money? I beg your pardon? you subscribed didn't you? You have to pay to disable the head gear visuals!!
    No power creep? come on now! just fun...again, just subjective...

It's how games should be...no thank you!
    Go pro or go home
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Switch from Dx 11 to Dx 9 in the options or by editing the Gameprefs.pref file. If it is unplayable, you should consider upgrading your videocard, especially if yours is integrated. Lots of affordable ones available that work well for under $50, like from EVGA and Zotac. For more tips, see the STO Graphics Troubleshooting Guide

Reading that troubleshooting guide I notice two things that are odd. One is says to alter the DX9/11 to the other.

It also says after making this change launch without using Arc.

My questions are this. It is my fault that Arc may be interfering?

And my Gameprefs section has a listing to use both DX9 and DX11. Does this mean I should eliminate one of those lines?

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.