test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Need blue body shield ability name

malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
edited May 2015 in The Academy
So, I've seen this a few times, but I never manage to get a name of it, its usually in the middle of combat and I've got people to shoot. What is the ability/power whatever that gives a team (even if I'm not in a team but standing nearby) these blue Mass Effect like body shields. They are blue and blocky. That's all I really know. Can anyone help tell me what this is? Thanks in advance.
Joined September 2011
Nouveau riche LTS member
Post edited by malkarris on

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,206 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think its an effect from the delta shields.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • freenos85freenos85 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's a command specialization ability. Dunno which one though, but my guess would be one that gives you and the team (or a specified number of friendlies) damage resistance.
    Probably one of these two:
    • Hammer and Anvil
    • Strategic Analysis
  • demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    malkarris wrote: »
    So, I've seen this a few times, but I never manage to get a name of it, its usually in the middle of combat and I've got people to shoot. What is the ability/power whatever that gives a team (even if I'm not in a team but standing nearby) these blue Mass Effect like body shields. They are blue and blocky. That's all I really know. Can anyone help tell me what this is? Thanks in advance.

Ah the blue holo football jock shoulder pads AoE buff, no idea what thats called, might be a kit power buff or a boff power from a non trinity career spec.
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Scarab Plating is one of them. It's an Engineer Kit module.
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It's the Command Boff/Kit skill Strategic Analysis.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The RIN set has as the 3-peice bonus a proc that makes a blue shield float around you.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You mean the one that gives you thick holographic "body armor", that's more opaque/translucent than transparent like other holographic fx?

I don't know what it is, just trying to clarify for the thread.
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, I thought it was Scarab plating, so I got that, but that one is more green and covers more of the body, and doesn't do anything for your team. Like demonicaesthetic and hfmudd said, its blue, opaque, and looks like American football pads. I'll check out the command boff skills, probably one of them, thanks.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • skymagus00skymagus00 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am presuming you mean the one that builds up over time while in combat, gradually adding more blue holographic 'pads' to torso, shoulders and legs, and orange gauntlets to the wrists - and looks similar to Mass Effect Tech Armour (this sounds like what the OP was describing)?

As someone who has this module, I can tell you it is the Command module Strategic Analysis.

For reference, the effect is bonus damage and damage resistance to team/nearby allies, increasing over time while the initiating user remains in combat. The initiating user is also blocked from sprinting while it is active (unsure whether this is intentional by the devs), while other affected players may sprint freely.