test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: More personal device slots

risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
With all the different tribbles, holiday items, episode replay rewards, special reputation devices like Antiproton carrier waves, mission rewards like Collective static grenades, event rewards such as snow boots, many different pets (from lobi, events, episodes and possibly a dozen other sources) I feel we need more device slots.

There's not much point in having so many different ground boosts and special items available if you can only slot 4 of them. Most ground devices like hypos and tribbles share a cooldown anyway or those could be added so it's not like people would be able to use a dozen extra abilities at the same time.

Other items like snowballs and Risa gear don't make a difference in combat situations anyway, so it would be nice if you could have those always slotted without having to remove useful things like a remodulator or shield charges.

Maybe make a division, something like 5 or 6 combat personal devices which could be used for combat boosts like shield charges and power cells and episode rewards like the shard of possibilities.
1 or 2 slots for tribbles.
And a personal non-combat personal devices division for all the special event stuff that isn't useable on missions anyway or that get deactivated once you enter combat like the snow boosts. Especially these pn-cpdd should be updated regularly when events and items are added.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    What about adding one or two dedicated tribble slots? Same thing, really, but they're a separate functional set of buffs than your typical device (even the shard of possibilities) and its undermining to the common cause of life to list them along with batteries. :P

Plus it retains the limit now on exceptional ground devices (no power creep, just less swapping).
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is one very straightforward fix that honestly is how it should've worked to begin with:

Make it so that non-combat devices can be used from your inventory.

There's no good reason to require you to slot them if they don't give you a gameplay advantage--just expose them to your hotbar from the inventory like the Nimbus distress call (talk about inconsistent).
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • comdrivercomdriver Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    by the way you can spawn pets from inventory, just drag them to toolbar.

I'm all hands and legs for some more device slots or may be make more items usable from inventory.
    ATM I have slotted Frosted Boots, Ophidian Cane, Paradox Corrector and Antiproton Carrier Wave. So I can't add even tribble. And still need pockets for Rebreather, Hypos, Triolic Pattern Enhancer, Remodulator and some food.