test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

To paraphrase Odo...

mimey2mimey2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
..."You know, at first, I didn't think I was going to like [her]!"

I gotta say, respect for Trendy to just outright said what needed to be said (see my sig) and even swearing a bit to put a real exclamation point on the matter.
I remain empathetic to the concerns of my community, but do me a favor and lay off the god damn name calling and petty remarks. It will get you nowhere.
I must admit, respect points to Trendy for laying down the law like that.
Post edited by mimey2 on

Comments

• anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Shes pretty too...

And yes... That was rather refreshing. We need more of that.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm with ya. I can sympathize with both sides here but, running a non-trek fan forum myself, I come down on Trendy's side in this one too.

Players/fans can sometimes come off as a bit too entitled and self important. It takes a cool head of a mod to stay [mostly] calm and rational to deal with it when it flames out of control.

Kudos Trendy, kudos!
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sometimes it comes down to whether you know when you're a guest in somebody else's house. You treat your host right or you can expect to be shown the door.
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    'Bout damn time she told 'em where to get off. And here's hoping she gets to modsmack a few of 'em with her custom made ban hammer.

Here's an odd bit of news: One of the Mjolnir props went missing from the Avengers: Age of Ultron set about two weeks before filming wrapped up. After repeated searches and a thorough investigation, the film company decided the prop was well and truly lost.

So if any of you see Joss Whedon sniffing 'round, give Trendy a quick heads up would ya? Not saying her ban hammer is in fact the missing Mjolnir but there is a startling resemblance. And not just in appearance, either. Apparently, no one at PWE/Cryptic other than Trendy can pick it up.

Coincidence? Could be. :D
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Way to go Trendy!
    Unleash the Leek of Doom!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Hey OP. I actually edited the post that you're quoting in the signature to put "it will get us nowhere"

I wanted to change that to emphasize that really, often the issues affect us and not a sole user. :)
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Ive played alot of online games in my almost 40 years and have participated in alot of those games communities and have met interesting fellow players and have met alot of mods in those places.

And not all of those forum mods from those other games were pleasent to deal with some were more tyranical then fair handed some would ban you for posting something they disagreed with.

Ive also met some pretty decent mods aswell however in all my travels as a gamer of online games and participant in online gaming communities such as this forum.

I will say trendy has been thus far one of the most pleasent and fare handed mods ive encountered in my travels and to add this games community is by and far one of the more friendlier aswell.

VIVA LA PWELAUGHINGTRENDY
    edited May 2015
    Hey OP. I actually edited the post that you're quoting in the signature to put "it will get us nowhere"

I wanted to change that to emphasize that really, often the issues affect us and not a sole user. :)

And there, I think lies most of the problem with some people. They treat any change to 'their' game as a personal attack. So by this reasoning they feel justified to up the ante.

Not saying this is the correct response at all. Nor am I making excuses for them.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And there, I think lies most of the problem with some people. They treat any change to 'their' game as a personal attack. So by this reasoning they feel justified to up the ante.

Not saying this is the correct response at all. Nor am I making excuses for them.
    Yeah, which was an important point of clarification. Nobody stopped to realize that maybe -I- can't get the 2013 Summer Ship.
  • smugsuksmugsuk Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yeah, which was an important point of clarification. Nobody stopped to realize that maybe -I- can't get the 2013 Summer Ship.

The Risian Corvette is fugly as hell, imo at least, so you're not missing much. :P
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    edited May 2015
    Ugly, but wicked fast and pretty decent when set up properly. I could see community set up races or something, kinda like an STO car show to show off the colors and see who's faster. *shrug*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I love you Trendy! In five years on this game you are by far the best Community Moderator we've ever had!

I REALLY appreciate that you care about player concerns and try to help us, even if we don't get the answer we want from the DEV's you still do your best to make us happy!

There are a thing or two I'd like personally (Account bound lockbox ships and pick your fourth Weapon Mod on upgrading) but I'm patient and I'm confident we'll get what we want eventually if we keep asking and remain civil. ;)

I think I've said it before but I'll say it again, I'd totally go strait for you! 😘
  • smugsuksmugsuk Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Ugly, but wicked fast and pretty decent when set up properly. I could see community set up races or something, kinda like an STO car show to show off the colors and see who's faster. *shrug*

True, but I just can't get past how ugly it is. Aesthetics is big factor in which ship I choose to fly.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    permaban people that try to flame everyone with hate speech and racism please.
    That sounds so delicious.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015

That's a shame, really Wish I could give you one of mine, got 7 last year and have yet to unpack more than one of them... lol

More to the point, much respect to you for dealing with the trolls in a polite and dead serious mannor. You are an invaluable asset to the STO community.

Nicely done! :)

I would have preferred to keep the main discussion open, so I (and many others I assume) could continue to discuss the issue on behalf of players who would miss out on those fine ships, but alas, the Trolls have spoken (rudely) and ended the discussion... :(
  • durgazonedurgazone Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Thanks for sharing information................
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I think some people also fail to realize that Community Managers are players too. They think because you work along side the Dev team, you're automatically someone that can do somethign to change the game when you're not.

Brandon (Branflakes) has always been a player. Smirk when he was here was also a player. I think it's pretty much a requirement that if you're a community manager that you are also a player so you know what people are going through.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    smugsuk wrote: »
    The Risian Corvette is fugly as hell, imo at least, so you're not missing much. :P

Take that back. The Cruiser is ugly, the Corvette is great!

But it won't be as great as my Yellow Science Vessel Submarine.

Mustrum "I guess I should prepare for disappointment" Ridcully
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    mimey2 wrote: »
    ..."You know, at first, I didn't think I was going to like [her]!"

I gotta say, respect for Trendy to just outright said what needed to be said (see my sig) and even swearing a bit to put a real exclamation point on the matter.
    I have respect for anyone in the community manager position. It seems like a pretty thankless job, and to make things worse, most people are too dense to realize that the CM isn't a developer. So when the sky starts falling because of [some feature they hate], they yell at the first available person associated with the company who makes their game--usually the CM. They basically want to shoot the messenger.

I'd never want that job. Not in a million years.
    True, but I just can't get past how ugly it is. Aesthetics is big factor in which ship I choose to fly.
    If you customize the colors (and unlike most ships, this one gives you a lot of very noticeable options) it looks a lot better. The default colors (teal and red I think?) are absolutely horrible though.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • matthian1701matthian1701 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    aesica wrote: »
    I have respect for anyone in the community manager position.

Especially in a Star Trek MMO. These forums mix the worst of two things: the entitlement of MMO players with the self-righteous aggressiveness of Trek nerds. Trendy has to deal with a perfect storm of online d-baggery.
  • sleel43sleel43 Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2015

I love the way it looks. Big parta why I still fly it on my main. Hits pretty hard too. Helps that all my stuff is at least purple 14s.
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    It amazes me sometimes how quickly people forget there's a person behind the posts, one who clearly has been pushed past several limits and hurt quite personally to need to smack down their aggressors like that.

At least I'd like to believe and hope it's forgetfulness and not a twisted enjoyment of knowing what they're doing to people emotionally.
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    WTG Trendy!

I can so empathize with ya here, as I'm the kind of guy that "Go to hell" or any other insult direct is all the response some people are worth.

I always respected ya, but man, it has just shot up sky high.

Also, I think I speak for a lot of us, when I say, thanks for the job you do.
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Especially in a Star Trek MMO. These forums mix the worst of two things: the entitlement of MMO players with the self-righteous aggressiveness of Trek nerds. Trendy has to deal with a perfect storm of online d-baggery.
    It could always be worse. These could be the wow forums. It's really pretty hard to beat that level of player rage and toxicity.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
    edited May 2015
    aesica wrote: »
    It could always be worse. These could be the wow forums. It's really pretty hard to beat that level of player rage and toxicity.

Now see what you've done? You just set a very public goal for the ne'er-do-wells to sink to. They can't be civil or even good players but they surely can respond to exceeding the stupid limit when you put it this way.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    patrickngo wrote: »
    TBH Trendy, I don't think you're missing much with that cross-faction garbage scow-a better ship?

Step 1: Roll a Klingon
    Step 2: Join a Fleet that's active.
    Step 3: Get a Tor'Kaht and use the Vor'cha skin. Not merely better, but also better-looking.
    Right.. those look like they should be hauled away As garbage.... :P

Now Mogais are pretty ships. :P
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited May 2015

It's a fun ship, I painted mine all red so it would go fasta :D
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius