test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Story Arcs "Klingon War" and "Romulan Mystery"

realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
There is a reward in the Temporal Agent for both of these story arcs but,

The "Romulan Mystery" story arc doesn't appear in the Story Missions tab, I assume you have to get it separately (Probably at Starbase 39-sierra) and play the series to unlock the reward for all characterrs in your account?

Since it does not appear in the Delta story arcs list I assume this reward is not available to my delta?

The "Klingon War" says [Federation Only]. I assume my Fed Aligned Rom non-Delta can't get it? MY Fed Aligned Rom Delta didn't show it on his story arc menu either.
Post edited by realisticalty on

Comments

• Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is a reward in the Temporal Agent for both of these story arcs but,

The "Romulan Mystery" story arc doesn't appear in the Story Missions tab, I assume you have to get it separately (Probably at Starbase 39-sierra) and play the series to unlock the reward for all characterrs in your account?

Since it does not appear in the Delta story arcs list I assume this reward is not available to my delta?

The "Klingon War" says [Federation Only]. I assume my Fed Aligned Rom non-Delta can't get it? MY Fed Aligned Rom Delta didn't show it on his story arc menu either.

Ahem

Ok let me try to explain this the best i can

The klingon war story arc is for federation toons only as they are the only ones at war with the klingons in that arc.

Romulans have a different set of story arc missions then the klingons and federation during the klingon war period.

would like to point out after a certain amount of missions for either side the romulan toon will come inline with both factions thus you will be doing arcs like the dominion dominataion / cardassian struggle.

but the klingon war and romulan mystery are only for feds im not sure about whether klings do that arc though.

Oh and forgot to add that the klingon war story arc is kinda like the tutorial missions for the federation.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There are some stories that are unique to each faction (Federation, Romulan, Klingon).

If you aren't a Klingon, you don't get the Fek'Ihri arc. Feds and Klingons don't get to discover New Romuilus, etc.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The alignment of a Romulan character has no effect on story arc availability.

Klingon War is Fed-only.

Romulan Mystery is available for Feds and KDF, but not Romulans.
  • Options
    realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    From the Temporal Defense Rep's Menu Choices;

"Story Arc Completed - Romulan Mystery (All Factions)"

So is that arc Fed and Klingon only? That would sure explain why it wasn't listed on my Rom Delta's episode list....

(I understand why a story arc named "klingon war" could be federation only if it referred to the Fed vs. Klingon conflict, since I don't recall playing it (been long time since I ran fed story missions) I didn't want to assume there was no part for Romulans....but I included that one as a second thought since my original question was about the Romulan Mystery arc.)
  • Options
    mattaukettmattaukett Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    The Romulan Mystery arc is I believe (not in game to check at the moment) limited to normal Fed/KDF toons. The Romulans get a separate arc (Freedom - which is the last of the Romulan specific story arcs before the generic arcs) which is basically the same missions dealing with the Romulan Resistance, just its integrated into the Romulan Character's story.