test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

pwlaughingtrendy lied

Comments

• thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There used to be this guy over on the old Armada II FileFront forums named 'jetnova16'. OP reminds me of him. Only thing missing is the part where he threatens all of us with his lawyer and then posts pretending to be a lawyer.

As part of the over 50 crowd, I can speak with some authority on the importance of fiber and the bad things which can occur when there is lack of it. ;)

Curiously, the end result of a lack of fiber and the OP's posts bear a quite remarkable resemblance in appearance, composition, and smell. They also strongly resemble each other in how people generally react to the presence of both.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just want to get in before the lock to say that the OP is a total d'bag.

Lock away!!
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    ... And with a flick of her wrist did Trendy twirl this thread like a piece of unsafe synthetic bacon right into the litterbox. :)
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In before lockdown!!!

:D
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• mercury80mercury80 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Trendy didn't lie, she did her job.

- She posted up the news of the change.

- She culled through the responses and reported them to the powers that be who responded by at least allowing those who had previously earned the Risian ships in past would be able to claim them again.

- People who didn't like the change ultimately were asking for it to be changed back. That they didn't get the answer they wanted is not her fault.

- When the thread continued to degrade from posters refusing to let it go and turned into a sniping fest she closed it down to prevent further flaming.

THAT is the truth.

Oh, and one more bit for the record: posting a new thread about a closed one is a forum rules no no and not lot likely to earn you any points OP. I suggest you do the mature thing and let it go.
    This is spot on Steampunker, everything was followed in a very proffessional way, the only i'd like to add for the op is there any instance when trendy has not been on the players side? It is very wrong for you to speak of her in this manner,you should be the bigger guy and beg for forgiveness.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Yes, this thread is breaking the forum rules. And every person who has insulted the OP in this thread has also broken the forum rules. I'm looking forward to Monday when Trendy gets back.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like "pitchfork and fire"-Threads :D
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I want a pony.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    This is embarrasing, for the OP, but more importantly the community as a whole.

pwlaughingtrendy has done an excellent job as a community manager, she's sifted through 1000+ posts of complaints, hate-posts, and the few actual constructive suggestions and brought them to the developers as per her job, and for all this trouble a compromise** was reached. While I concede it wasn't what everyone wanted, it is actually most generous in the long run as it effects not only past events but future events too.

While I am still unhappy that new players and those who missed previous events will miss out on the 'vette and cruiser, I will gladly accept the compromse as the Cryptic Devs didn't even have to do that much...

If anyone else is embarrassed to say "I'm a member of the STO community." after recent developments, please raise your hand. *raises hand* :(

**If anoyne is uncertain about what the term 'compromise' means, please read my signiture below.
  • icsairgunsicsairguns Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    just spent a bunch of leftover pearls on tech upgrades and wondering if that option will still be there during the event with the new currency they replace the pearls with , not much interested in event ships , my bank has still got loads of event ships in it , doubt ill ever open them while I have pilot ships an intel ships to play with , but I wouldn't mind being able to get more tech upgrades .

yeah i don't use those silly ships either i hope they keep a way for us to trade things that are actually useful. i had a bunch of pearls and with trade in i got 150 crylon and salvaged tech for my main toon. and my alts got a good share as well. all transferred to my main .
    Trophies for killing FEDS ahh those were the days. Ch'ar%20POST%20LoR.JPG

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    azrael605 wrote: »
    The OP is ranting about Trendy, who has already proven herself a much better CM than Smirk ever was, and who has been fair and consistent with her application of the forum rules, if I have to take a punishment for insulting the OP then I will do so gladly as I know the OP will be punished right next to me, just as he deserves.

Besides the whole thing with the OP acting like he doesn't know if Trendy is male or female is obvious trolling, everyone knows Trendy is female, unless this is the first week they have played, in which case they don't have any of the event ships at all and no pearls either.

I agree, Trendy is a great CM and person in general. However, "he did it first" is not a valid excuse for doing something wrong. But hey, maybe Trendy will give it a pass since it was in her defense. I guess we'll see.
    orion0029 wrote: »
    If anyone else is embarrassed to say "I'm a member of the STO community." after recent developments, please raise your hand. *raises hand* :(

I'm not. Why? Because every video game forum has people that act badly. This forum is no different or worse than any other, and I am not embarrassed by the actions of other people who have nothing to do with me. I wish they wouldn't do it, but I'm not "embarrassed" by them because they do not represent me in any way.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited May 2015
    I'm not. Why? Because every video game forum has people that act badly. This forum is no different or worse than any other, and I am not embarrassed by the actions of other people who have nothing to do with me. I wish they wouldn't do it, but I'm not "embarrassed" by them because they do not represent me in any way.

A very enlightened point of view, I also take no responsibility for others, though I still feel somewhat... disappointed in the STO community over making such a whiny mess over this. :(

Also, I'm somewhat embarrassed to be associated with such a mob of whiny gamers... Is no one here an 'honorable' gamer?
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    orion0029 wrote: »
    Also, I'm somewhat embarrassed to be associated with such a mob of whiny gamers... Is no one here an 'honorable' gamer?

Those are KDF. Most of them left.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    phresko wrote: »
    Fully expecting it, but the truth must me told. You are obviously younger and less mature as you don't care about truth.

"less mature..." - Says the person going off about a minor change in a video game.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I read the first page of this thread almostr fell off my seat laughing and i think trendy before she closes this thread needs to give the OP some kleenex and a shoulder to cry on :D

Maybe we should all give the OP a group hug and tell him its gonna be alright....maybe we can even get some party poppers for this pity party lol

Ah here i go letting myself ramble on about this and that when i really wanted to say was

In before thread closure :D
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This thread is bad.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A 45 post person, personally attacking trendy,.... /me goes to refill popcorn
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
    edited May 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    This thread is bad.

Gonna have to agree with you here, think I'll sit back and watch the fireworks... from a distance.:)
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cypherous wrote: »

Damn you. Beat me to it. :D
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    This thread is bad.

You know this thread is gonna end badly when we get iconians up in here invading this thread now we need trendy with her iconian smiting smiter which will smite this thread so that iconians and his iconians cant further his invasion of the forum :D

So uh iconians you and M'tara are you guys like...a thing you know knudge knudge wink wink ?

Just asking :D
  • sardociansardocian Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In b4 lock ;)
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Inb4 lock.

I need my coffee before I compose the following.
    edited May 2015
    All hands, Brace for impact!

Lol, really this thread should have never existed, blast it into oblivion, Trendy! :P
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I before the mighty hammer deals out Justice!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Inb4 Lock! But they seem to have removed the actual accusation. What did he/she lie about?
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Inb4 lock.

I need my coffee before I compose the following.

SQUIRREL!

Thats not on Topic there... We were talking about how awesome you are... Not weather or not you were coherant...

NB4LCK
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Inb4 lock? Am I so lucky? :D
  • zathri83zathri83 Member Posts: 514 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    She's not a pvper though. :confused:
This discussion has been closed.