test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hilarious randomly-generated names

2»

Comments

• fiberteksyfirfiberteksyfir Member Posts: 1,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There used to be a Vulcan doff named "TRIBBLE". I am not joking.

Hah yep they changed it a while back. I collect weird doffs.. Off the top of my head i have a TRIBBLE, tat, femm TRIBBLE, telin ****'zetta, ugly, TRIBBLE, nut, so many more i cant remember at the moment.
  • jkwrangler2010jkwrangler2010 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I have a Feresan doff named Sh'iit. And a fed doff named Charles Xavier Brown.
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    dabelgrave wrote: »
    Ba'al is not a System Lord.
    My Klink is half-tempted to make an offer for her. XD
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
  • phalanx01phalanx01 Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One of my Vulcan Boffs was called T'wat when I got her. Don't think she was the most popular person on Vulcan.
  • dpsloss88dpsloss88 Member Posts: 765 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    englishnod wrote: »
    One of my Klingon's ship default name was Beer'keg

Pshhhh. I got a klingon ship that came out of the store with the name T'bag!
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    dpsloss88 wrote: »
    Pshhhh. I got a klingon ship that came out of the store with the name T'bag!
    I used to fly the IKS T'bag too! Pity I was never into PvP - it might have been interesting to T'bag my opponents...
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    On one of my Klingon characters I have an Orion tractor beam DOff named Pulz. :D
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    dabelgrave wrote: »
    Ba'al is not a System Lord.
    Or male. :P

Actually.... hunh.... only 2 traits? Klingons usually have 3 or 4....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,354 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    My first Delta Recruit was a Caitian, as I'd just finished grinding up enough Dil to get the Z to buy the race. Randomly select the name of the starting ship (which was unimportant, because after the tutorial he'd be moving to a Connie). My cat-man started his career aboard the USS Lynx.

Then I moved into my Connie after getting to ESD. Wasn't sure what to name it, so I hit the random selector, looking for inspiration. The ship quickly became USS Puma.

Thus started Ch'rowl's ship-naming conventions - as a Rear Admiral, he's commanding the Nebula-refit USS Catamount.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think i got the weird names thing beat.... On my Ferasen KDF Delta Recruit, IU unp[acked a Qib Battlecruiser. and lo and behold the name... R.R.W. P'Okug.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    tenkari wrote: »
    I think i got the weird names thing beat.... On my Ferasen KDF Delta Recruit, IU unp[acked a Qib Battlecruiser. and lo and behold the name... R.R.W. P'Okug.
    Actually I think all Qibs are like that for some stupid reason.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • gavinrunebladegavinruneblade Member Posts: 3,894 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Not sure if you've heard of the rock group Jethro Tull, but for a few years in the mid- to late 1970s, they had a bass guitarist named John Glascock. And I think it's most likely that the ancient source of his last name had more to do with roosters than with the male body.

Roosters are called roosters and not their older name because the euphemism became so widely used it is now the inappropriate term. Both words have been used for the bird and male genitals for several hundred years.

Wikipedia's talk page for the bird is particularly interesting and has far more information than the official page itself.
  • meldrithpwmeldrithpw Member Posts: 360 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    One of my kdf alts got a fed Ferengi Eng defector named Bork.
    (loved it so much I named one of my doffs that, and am working on a captain by that name now.)

One of the names that speakers of tlHIngan Hol (Klingon language) should appreciate is that of Captain Janeway's first officer: Chakotay phonetically sounds like the tlHIngan phrase, "cha' Ho' tay'," meaning roughly, :eek:"2 cousins that like/admire/desire each other.":eek:
    Thank the ancestors his name wasn't Chakotay jay'......
  • chestertrekchestertrek Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    When I first ran Temporal Ambassador with my Klingon Tac, the Commander level reward ship I got was called the IKS Naht'se. Unfortunately, I recently deleted the screengrab.
  • gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    my veteran android boff came with the name router i die laughing every time he beams down and i see the name
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've had a few. Let's see...

Roliass and Ratass the Gorn
    Bigtit and Cokgud the Letheans
    Lucienne [forget] Clinkingbeard, a female
    M'ale, a female colonist
    a woman named Peter
    Bals the Duke Nukem-loving Orion man
    a few people named Lol, one just Lol, a H'Lol, Hell Ellol, Mistlol, and a Lol Pobaz
    Dos
    at least two different Ugly Dosi
    Alyssa So Plants [indeed she is]
    Shroz TRIBBLE
    Van Dung Jacka
    Rats
    Nakid, an Orion... man
    TRIBBLE
    Sup
    Oyyy
    Pest
    Killa