test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

finishing crafting now?

sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
Clicking on the “Finish Now” button in the R&D system while a project is running will now open a confirmation window to spend Dilithium instead of immediately spending the Dilithium.

really, really, a bad idea. the use of the R&D system is already boring (too much click, quantity of components "craftable" at the same time limited to 5, this should be at least 10) , and now 1 more click added. please

personally, i'm not a child, when i click on something, i don't need a message "are you sure to blabla?"
Post edited by sennahcherib on

Comments

• Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Please don't be stupid.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Please don't be stupid.

please don't insult me
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    This is the most ridiculous complaint I have ever seen. "1 click! Dooooom!"
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
  • Options
    realisticaltyrealisticalty Member Posts: 851 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    In this particular case the extra click is well worth it, this should have been included in the original design. I'm very happy to see it.

And I agree, that limit should be set to 10...
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    really, really, a bad idea. the use of the R&D system is already boring (too much click, quantity of components "craftable" at the same time limited to 5, this should be at least 10) , and now 1 more click added. please

personally, i'm not a child, when i click on something, i don't need a message "are you sure to blabla?"

You're going to have a hard time finding anyone to agree with you on this one.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    OP, its a safety switch. Your "+1 click" complaint doesn't really stack up well against "Oh for ****'s sake, I just wasted 20k dilithium because of 1 accidental click!"

Sure, you can argue "well just don't do it." But here's a way for that to become much easier (without troubling you too much.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2015
    Gonna resist the insults I'm thinking of, suffice it to say this is a safeguard against accidental clicks.

It does happen, it's happened to me several times and I don't usually make mistakes like this.

If it hasn't happened to you, you've either been very lucky, always clicked it on purpose, or haven't used the R&D system much...

I welcome this, and many others do, please don't complain about something the majority of the playerbase ASKED FOR. :)
  • Options
    hatax2hatax2 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I for one welcome our new 1 extra click overlords. I've done it a few times on accident since the system was introduced and always wondered why everything else had a "You sure you want to spend that much dil to have it nao?" and one that cost 18k that gives no warning.

Thank you cryptic for listening to the users on this one, should save me a few 'TRIBBLE, did I just do that?' moments.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I disagree with the OP 100%.

Accidentally wasting 15K dil because I clicked on a daily was very annoying. It's easy to be clicking through the 100 needed clicks for daily doffing and R&D: click, click, click, ... click * D'OH! *

Thanks devs for finally fixing this. Please ignore the OP.
  • Options
    wen1503wen1503 Member Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Actually the limit shouldn't be 10, it should be the limit of your materials. With a confirm, and a slider to set the amount you desire.
  • Options
    thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I swear, today I have read some of the craziest threads. One guy is complaining that he wanted to purchase $60.00 in Zen but would have to buy $50 + $10 rather then just $60. And doing that as two transaction is too troublesome; plus it would give him 300 free Zen he did not want so he is not going to do it.

Another guy is complaining that the Zen purchase is limited to $100.00 a day, and he wants to buy $120.00, and so he is not going to buy anything because he has to wait 2 days to get the Pilot Pack. He cannot even see that the $100.00 limit is a security feature there to help him avoid CC problems.

And now we have this thread, where the OP cannot grasp the idea that a security feature designed to make certain you wish to spend your Dilithium NOW is not a good thing for people who might just accidentally click a button.

Some days it just feels like people want to bytch just for the sake of bytching. :)
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    thecosmic1 wrote: »
    I swear, today I have read some of the craziest threads. One guy is complaining that he wanted to purchase $60.00 in Zen but would have to buy $50 + $10 rather then just $60. And doing that as two transaction is too troublesome; plus it would give him 300 free Zen he did not want so he is not going to do it.

Another guy is complaining that the Zen purchase is limited to $100.00 a day, and he wants to buy $120.00, and so he is not going to buy anything because he has to wait 2 days to get the Pilot Pack. He cannot even see that the $100.00 limit is a security feature there to help him avoid CC problems.

And now we have this thread, where the OP cannot grasp the idea that a security feature designed to make certain you wish to spend your Dilithium NOW is not a good thing for people who might just accidentally click a button.

Some days it just feels like people want to bytch just for the sake of bytching. :)

I would feel bad for any psychologist trying to understand the STO forumnite mind.
  • Options
    unsacredgraveunsacredgrave Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    well I can agree on this topic. in the beginning I clicked the finish now button once or twice too by accident, but I think that was caused by stupidity. never happened again.

on the other side I spent like 1,5m dil to get a trait "nao", and clicking that are your sure button so often would have been crazy.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    today, i wanted to craft 1 disruptor dbb for my matha raptor. i made 100 dbb MK II, none with the wanted mod crtdx2 crth. you know how many times, i have used the "finished now" button + "finishing crafting now?". this is just ridiculous.

if you need a "are you sure ..." button, something is wrong with you; maybe a lack of neurons

if, this is so ridiculous, why you replied in this thread. perhaps, you like to be a troll.
    I would feel bad for any psychologist trying to understand the STO forumnite mind.

i agree. i don't understand why a lot of guys/girls spend their time to write stuff in threads which don't interest them.
    as i wrote: lack of neurons

thx. now this thread can be closed.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    today, i wanted to craft 1 disruptor dbb for my matha raptor. i made 100 dbb MK II, none with the wanted mod crtdx2 crth. you know how many times, i have used the "finished now" button + "finishing crafting now?". this is just ridiculous.

if you need a "are you sure ..." button, something is wrong with you; maybe a lack of neurons

I think it's trying to insult.
  • Options
    admiraltrappittadmiraltrappitt Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I'm going to add my voice to the want this crowd, as I have done it once (thanks to playing a lot on Tribble and speeding it up everytime.), but thankfully it was only for 50ish Dilithium, and it could have been much worse.
    Proad admin of the Star Trek Battles channel. Join today!

I actually like Delta Rising.
  • Options
    admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2015

if, this is so ridiculous, why you replied in this thread. perhaps, you like to be a troll.

i agree. i don't understand why a lot of guys/girls spend their time to write stuff in threads which don't interest them.
    as i wrote: lack of neurons

thx. now this thread can be closed.

You don't like the extra crafting click and you don't like to capitalize.

Was a small button mean to you as a young child?
  • Options
    borg0vermindborg0vermind Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I disagree with the OP 100%.

Accidentally wasting 15K dil because I clicked on a daily was very annoying. It's easy to be clicking through the 100 needed clicks for daily doffing and R&D: click, click, click, ... click * D'OH! *

Thanks devs for finally fixing this. Please ignore the OP.
    You can also miss-click on a project up that is already at 20.
    And it's not actually a miss-click, it's a list refresh problem.
  • Options
    millimidgetmillimidget Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    You don't craft much, do you.

It's already a click fest, with the confirmation buttons placed sporadically across the R&D UI.
    "Tolerance and apathy are the last virtues of a dying society." - Aristotle