test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Holographic FX option for Photonic Bridge Officers

kjbiedermankjbiederman Member Posts: 10 Arc User
How do you use the Holographic FX option for Photonic Bridge Officers?
Post edited by kjbiederman on

Comments

• Options
    stararmystararmy Member Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I haven't been able to find it either. But I did see I can now edit my photonic doctor guy.
    Zinc: The universe of Star Trek Online is shaped and changed by the actions of the players...expect to see new planets and races discovered that were unknown the last time you logged in."
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,223 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I can't find it. I have all 3 varieties I was hoping to test this out.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    dixoniumdixonium Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I've been searching for this option as well. I'm at a loss.
  • Options
    birzarkbirzark Member Posts: 634 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    i think its a typo, I think they mean they added the FX to the hologram because it was missing.
  • Options
    palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    There is something up there when my goes down in combat he does not turn into an emitter he just falls on the ground after I changed him into the Odyssey uniforms, he still show the halo effect
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    LoL. I was going to create a thread about this. Guess I'm not the only one confused by it.

May 14 patch notes http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=23832991#post23832991
    Added a Holographic FX option for Photonic Bridge Officers.

I assumed this also pertained to the photonic boffs we got from the delta recruit event (which are the only photonic boffs I have). I completed the breen arc yesterday on my KDF delta recruit and got my photonic boff. I wasn't able to find any kind of special FX option and the boff looks like a normal boff with no special effects of any kind. I haven't checked my fed's photonic boffs but I imagine it's the same situation. I had checked the character status window and the tailor to no avail. (Note: Romulan Republic characters get their allied faction's photonic boff as there is no Romulan version of it :()
  • Options
    sorceror01sorceror01 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    birzark wrote: »
    i think its a typo, I think they mean they added the FX to the hologram because it was missing.

It wasn't, though. I've been using my Holo-BOff engie since I got it a few weeks ago, and he definitely has the hologram FX and mobile emitter accessory.
    ".... you're gonna have a bad time."
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I also noticed that I can't add the mobile emitter onto my photonic boffs.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    westx211 wrote: »
    I also noticed that I can't add the mobile emitter onto my photonic boffs.

It's automatically added.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    sorceror01 wrote: »

Good to know. I was thinking it'd be something to add into the tailor.
  • Options
    edited May 2015

Where? I'm not seeing a mobile emitter or any special effects on my photonic boffs (neither fed nor kdf versions) either at the tailor or in the character status window. Does it automatically show up only in ground maps when we take the boff with us in an away team?
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    Where? I'm not seeing a mobile emitter or any special effects on my photonic boffs (neither fed nor kdf versions) either at the tailor or in the character status window. Does it automatically show up only in ground maps when we take the boff with us in an away team?

It only shows up on a ground map, yes. Technically, the mobile emitter is part of the FX of the holo-BOff.
    So it'll only show up when you are on a ground map of any sort wit the BOff.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    It only shows up on a ground map, yes. Technically, the mobile emitter is part of the FX of the holo-BOff.
    So it'll only show up when you are on a ground map of any sort wit the BOff.

Sweet. Thanks for the info. :)