test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Retiring Lohlunat Pearls

Comments

• corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Every time I read that word, all I see is: Lolhunt Pearl,... that is all.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    And they couldn't have dealt with the stockpile problem by just adding the Lohlunat Pearl store.

I mean seriously the main reason people probably stockpile the things is they don't have anything other than the ship to spend them on, so they save them for next year.

Heck it would probably increase participation each year as even if a person might not want the ship the store might have something they want especially if you add more stuff to it each year.

The change they went with just seems like an over complicated one thats going to needlessly anger people.
  • grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    No, he did his job.

its not his JOB. he is a VOLUNTEER.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Off topic, but...

Trendy's job is part customer relations and part website management. Anything that engages and informs the players, outside of the actual game itself, both in terms of communications and technology. She's also a wonderful player advocate behind the scenes. There's a good reason we like her as a Community Manager. Can you imagine any of our previous CM's going to the lengths she's gone to in order to address the lag issues? I can't.

Taco's job is NOT PR. He's a Dev artist who works on Environmental Art. He doesn't have to engage the forums at all. He does it because he wants to, because he cares about the players and the game. Again, there's a reason why he's well liked.

I agree but that's only 2 people.... How many people in total work to bring us STO?
    signature.png
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~Bluegeek

80 pages of angry comments. Most of which have not been censored or edited by the mods.

Maybe it has more to do with people breaking the forum rules and less with Cryptic not liking what people have to say.

Otherwise maybe these 80 pages would have been reduced to maybe 2 or 3 pages a while ago. Food for thought.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    77 pages of age o outrage and still no response by the DEVs not that I was expecting any as they have already made the decision and it is in todays patch. This is happening more and more with every event they nerf it. Started with the dil weekend not allosing to use it to collect you tier v rewad then they stopped using the marks on the same bonus. then they remove content and nerf the episodes. I am so glad I no longer fund this game I find very little reason to play and I don;t have the motivation to play the game as long as I used to which is why my D is only 39 and I am just doing the cardassion missions don;t think I will finish before the event ends and can see only a matter of time when i will leave fo good. For a game I used to think was the best one out there my decision has done a 180 and hate what Cryptic are doing to the star trek name. I hope risa is a ghost town during the summer event to show them how unhappy we are. They will have to do something really special or a really good ship for me to go there this year.

As for the ship emoticons you should add the finger so we can show it to you all the time in the game to say TRIBBLE you Cryptic
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    its not his JOB. he is a VOLUNTEER.

If you volunteer to do a job it's not your job?
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    edited May 2015
    If you volunteer to do a job it's not your job?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapo_(concentration_camp)
    edited May 2015
    Wow, I completely screwed up this post. So, I'll just say can we try to be nice to each other and stay on topic?
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • thatcursedwolfthatcursedwolf Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    [REDACTED] click the little icon if you want to read it

You are aware that Godwin's law doesn't end the conversation, it just means the probably of Hitler or TRIBBLE is 1 in a thread of sufficient length I hope.
    This is my Risian Corvette. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    edited May 2015
    valoreah wrote: »
    So a volunteer fireman doesn't really need to help anyone in a burning building?

They do. I screwed up in my reply. Thought they were talking about Trendy/Tacofangs, not Bluegeek/Midnite.

The mods are just doing their job. Volunteer or not.

If people really think the mods are overstepping their authority or making a bad call, you're free to PM LaughingTrendy and post the exact quote/comment and continue that conversation with her in private.

Discussing moderation on the forums is against the ToS.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
    edited May 2015
    iconians wrote: »
    They do. I screwed up in my reply. Thought they were talking about Trendy/Tacofangs, not Bluegeek/Midnite.

The mods are just doing their job. Volunteer or not.

If people really think the mods are overstepping their authority or making a bad call, you're free to PM LaughingTrendy and post the exact quote/comment and continue that conversation with her in private.

Discussing moderation on the forums is against the ToS.

now we have more VOLUNTEERS policing the forum
  • wallyhoustonwallyhouston Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    beameddown wrote: »
    I love this,

this is the best idea ever! all that work for the new 2015 ship and now you dont get it unless you do all the work again! its perfect- everyones going to love it

hey, I got another great idea thats just like this one:

-when you log in and get ec and dil, IF you dont spend it before you log off that day, the next day its gone and you get balloons
    im telling you, the players want this, they want to be robbed of their efforts just for the sake of junk metrics:)

That is exactly why I don't care to play League of Legends, I don't want to start over every time I want to play. How about this, those who like that can go play LoL and we will all keep playing STO.
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    beameddown wrote: »
    I love this,

this is the best idea ever! all that work for the new 2015 ship and now you dont get it unless you do all the work again! its perfect- everyones going to love it

hey, I got another great idea thats just like this one:

-when you log in and get ec and dil, IF you dont spend it before you log off that day, the next day its gone and you get balloons
    im telling you, the players want this, they want to be robbed of their efforts just for the sake of junk metrics:)

*golf clap*
    signature.png
  • captainmal3captainmal3 Member Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    These last couple of pages have just been embarrassing. Can we go back to complaining about being told that our grinding last year isn't good enough and that we have to grind again 'the right way' in order to pad out cryptic's metrics, rather than accusing the mods of being literally hitler and otherwise making fools of ourselves?
  • demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cdiak wrote: »
    You're supposed to like trendy and taco. That's basically their job.

PR flacks.

Most people don't fall for it, though, right?

Personally, I've always preferred the expression "Marketing Sith"

"You don't need to see our stealth nerf change logs...

These are not the gameplay flaws you're looking for...

These gameplay flaws can go about their business...

Move along!"
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    cdiak wrote: »
    You're supposed to like trendy and taco. That's basically their job.

PR flacks.

Most people don't fall for it, though, right?
    Taco is an environmental artist. He happens to be a friendly guy that a lot of people like.
  • supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Totally unfair to the guys that either played the event and earn't those Pearls last year to use for this year, and a big FU to the people who used Money/ZEN/Master Keys/Lobi/Pearls to get there ship quicker and have a over spill of unused pearls

Anyone who says they had an advantage or exploited the system can do one. System was WAI and these guys either played or paid to get themselves ahead and prepared for the next event. This is not exploiting, If thats exploiting then anyone who goes out food shopping and buys anything past thier next meal is exploiting the retail market by buying things in advance of what they need as an example

I wish i thought this far ahead the last winter event for the Breen Carrier.

Whats next ? removing everyones dil which is over 8k unrefined, as the refining cap per day is 8k so no one can earn more than a day in advance as your exploiting the system by having more than the refine limit.

So recently we have had marks and processors removed from the dil events to prevent hoarders from turning them in.
    Now we have the Pearls removed to prevent hoarders from getting ahead of the grind on the following event.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    So you can finish old projects if you still have them slotted but you can't start new ones. So if you dont have them slotted, if your toon/character is new, maybe a Delta Recruit you can't get them.

But maybe we will get another Cruiser this year, T6, better than the T5??

Here is the kicker, if you have the project slotted that means you have a few pearls, but not enough to finish the project, right? So if the ability to get pearls is also going away how will you ever finish the project? Sink the remaining pearls into the stuff they are putting into the buyback store and go from there.
    I can see this coming:

"Quick! Get your Risian Corvette and Cruisers before the event because we're retiring them!"

*event starts and players learn the truth*

"Haha! Look at those "new" T6 Risian Corvette and Cruiser with everything the T5 versions have already and more! What? You used your pearls to earn the T5 because we didn't warn you about the T6 and now you have 2 ship slots filled for nothing! Awww, too bad... "

LOL yeah I can see that too except it is so easy to dismiss the ships to clear up slots. The problem I see is people wasting their pearls on the ships and not on things like materials they will actually use.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • highlandrisehighlandrise Member Posts: 354 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    These last couple of pages have just been embarrassing. Can we go back to complaining about being told that our grinding last year isn't good enough and that we have to grind again 'the right way' in order to pad out cryptic's metrics, rather than accusing the mods of being literally hitler and otherwise making fools of ourselves?

Not 1 but 2 of my Posts have been Deleted within a Few Minutes, by Mr Bluegeek, just because i was Telling the Truth maybe a little bit "louder" than Neccesary but i have not Insulted anyone, yea iam Angry but i have EVERY Right to be so, like the MAJORITY of the other People here, i also got 2 Warnings from him. and the "Dont Push it to Hard" that he told to someone else is also...."bold" to say the least, that is Clearly a Threetining and should be Investigated by other Mods or who ever is his Superior in the Forums. And that is my Last 2 Cents here, They dont want to hear what we have to say, and if we say something they dont like BAM Censored, so time to Stop Wasting my Time, Regarding my Wallet, it was Closed with all the **Censoring myself** Changes you Guys made Lately, and seing that you Continue that Way it WILL Stay Closed, like other Lifetimer, my Lifetime Sub also has Payed itself out, i was still Spending Money here and there, but i will Not Reward you anymore for doing Nonsense Like that, and believe me iam not the Only one, you are hurting yourself but you are to blind to see that, anyway Have Fun Guys. :rolleyes:
  • demonicaestheticdemonicaesthetic Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    For those who can't be bothered to read this all....it translates into Cryptic giving--among others--military members who play STO a GIGANTIC middle finger.

A member of the Fleet, that 3 of my alts are in, and a good friend, is currently away on a tour, in a war zone, he won't make this year's summer event or this year's winter event. So his chanc e to get any of the Risian or Breen ships is totally shot.
    <center><font size="+5"><b>Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day...
    Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life...</b></size></center>
  • zckmanzckman Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Darn, I have over 500 pearls but I already put them into last summers event :/ is there any way for me to take them out of the event since they will be expiring it??
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    zckman wrote: »
    Darn, I have over 500 pearls but I already put them into last summers event :/ is there any way for me to take them out of the event since they will be expiring it??

What if I have a partial Summer Reputation project in progress?

Those of you that already have a summer ship project in progress from a previous year’s event WILL NOT lose any progress, and can simply finish that project either with Risian Lohlunat Pearls or with the new currency when it arrives.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • amezukiamezuki Member Posts: 364 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Taco is an environmental artist. He happens to be a friendly guy that a lot of people like.
    And just look at the reward he gets for going out of his way to communicate. It's such a glowing incentive for anyone else to do the same.

(Don't get me wrong, I still think permanently locking out new characters--including every Delta recruit!--from ever getting the Corvette is an appallingly tone-deaf and indefensible decision, and this announcement is packed with fail. But holy fsck he gets a lot of undeserved hate simply because he's there and accessible.)
    Fleet Admiral L'Yern - Screenshot and doffing addict
    Eclipse Class Intel Cruiser U.S.S. Dioscuria NX-91121-A - Interactive Crew Roster
This discussion has been closed.