test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Here's an Idea How about a community Board with rotating members

nitewingnycnitewingnyc Member Posts: 90 Arc User
By now I think even the devs know who has been around the game since day 1. Who has supported the game play and have made friendships that have transcended this online world we play in.
Most form post are just people attacking people so it's kind of hard for them to sort through it all and find any true meaning to a thread some times.
We've been though a community advocate and a community lead, neither are around anymore.

Maybe what this game needs is a community board of players that PWE actually listens to; imagine that a constructive way of running not only this game but community without all the trolling and insults.
A way to get answers without the Dev wand being waved and poof the thread is closed or a person being banned for finally getting mad and venting.
This is not just a game anymore there are alot of free to play people that spend money on it from time to time, but PWE has to take note of those that are here as devoted fans that spend thousands of dollars a year.
Lets face it people want to be heard not just shot down and yes I get the dichotomy of logic that surrounds the forms; on one side says well it doesn't matter if you spend money or not we are all the same. The other side see's it as well if I'm spending I should get better service.
Just like in any good community a board u sally evens out the at time blur lines of logic and make things fair for all that live there or work in a community. Maybe Star Trek has grown to this point and people should be allowed to form a board were the devs and PWE listen and work things through and out.
Over the past year I'v seen some good people leave the game just because they were made feel not a valued customer luckily for me I still talk to them in real life; and hold close ties...
This suggestion to PWE and the Devs is more of a plea for consideration. It just may be very profitable to PWE and Helpful to our Devs.
Post edited by nitewingnyc on

Comments

• comtedeloach2comtedeloach2 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    By now I think even the devs know who has been around the game since day 1. Who has supported the game play and have made friendships that have transcended this online world we play in.
    Most form post are just people attacking people so it's kind of hard for them to sort through it all and find any true meaning to a thread some times.
    We've been though a community advocate and a community lead, neither of the two ideas or positions are around anymore.
    Maybe what this game needs is a community board of players that PWE actually listens to; imagine that a constructive way of running not only this game but community without all the trolling and insults.
    A way to get answers without the Dev wand being waved and poof the thread is closed or a person being banned for finally getting mad and venting.
    This is not just a game anymore there are alot of free to play people that spend money on it from time to time, but PWE has to take note of those that are here as devoted fans that spend thousands of dollars a year.
    Lets face it people want to be heard not just shot down and yes I get the dichotomy of logic that surrounds the forms; on one side says well it doesn't matter if you spend money or not we are all the same. The other side see's it as well if I'm spending I should get better service.
    Just like in any good community a board u sally evens out the at time blur lines of logic and make things fair for all that live there or work in a community. Maybe Star Trek has grown to this point and people should be allowed to form a board were the devs and PWE listen and work things through and out.
    Over the past year I'v seen some good people leave the game just because they were made feel not a valued customer luckily for me I still talk to them in real life; and hold close ties...
    This suggestion to PWE and the Devs is more of a plea for consideration. It just may be very profitable to PWE and Helpful to our Devs.

How EVE of you...no...
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    (Munching popcorn) This thread should go well.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Wait, my position isn't around anymore? :eek:
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Can the first issue for the board be to prohibit the use of tiny orange text?

I might be able to offer some constructive feedback on the OP if I could actually read it.

They got rid of you in that? I honestly couldn't read it...meh.
  • nitewingnycnitewingnyc Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    How EVE of you...no...

I'm not sure what you mean by that; you see other than STO I have played no other MMO; But I would love to hear your view on the topic...
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I feel obligated to vote 'nay' on that one for some reason.
  • pigeonofclaypigeonofclay Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited May 2015

There's always someone out there who thinks they can do a better job than you... until they actually have to do it. :D
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2015
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    edited May 2015

Your going no where Trendy.

your job is forever so says me lol.

you've done more for us in last few months than I can recall anyone else doing in years..

So simply put you rock.
    JtaDmwW.png
    edited May 2015
    Sorry Not sure what they are calling it any more but Brandon and Smirk are no longer with us.. that line was worded wrong sorry..Trendy .. But as for the rest I trust you may have some feed back that could be useful, other than that..
    edited May 2015
    trendy its been re-worded sorry again
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    This is a great idea! I nominate myself as Director of Community Member Relations. Trendy, you now report to me first. First manner of business, ALL bacon be banned. It is not good for you. Second, I need a group of underlings to pretend they have a voice. Any nominees?
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
    edited May 2015

I might be able to offer some constructive feedback on the OP if I could actually read it.

They got rid of you in that? I honestly couldn't read it...meh.

the color and I have re-worded the part about the community manager possition
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    A player board is a neat idea. Granted I've only been here since F2P, but a truly representative board would have players at all levels, IMO.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    They tried the player council/board thing once before. It was an unmitigated disaster on every possible level and was disbanded rather quickly. I don't think they even want to remember that much less try to do it again.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
    edited May 2015
    the color and I have re-worded the part about the community manager possition

i'v re ajusted the color font and size
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I think my IQ dropped reading the OP's post.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Sorry Not sure what they are calling it any more but Brandon and Smirk are no longer with us.. that line was worded wrong sorry..Trendy .. But as for the rest I trust you may have some feed back that could be useful, other than that..

Aha, a reply without the tiny orange. Okay, let's quote and remove - read and see...
    We've been though a community advocate and a community lead, neither of the two ideas or positions are around anymore.

That's a curious concept there, but it's somewhat...well, flawed.

The way it reads, suggests two things that are commonly wrong with politics in many areas...

Grandfathered in folks.
    Bought their way in folks.

Neither of them qualify somebody to be on a board to represent the community. Represent cliques within the community? Sure...no doubt, but not as a representative for the community as a whole.

There are all sorts of opinions...the community is extremely diverse...saying that Cryptic should only listen to a small group of the community would mean Cryptic is not listening to the community, no?

And in the end, if it was even close to representing the community in the slightest - it would be a case of just as much bickering taking place there.

If I really get a thorn in the TRIBBLE about something, I'm pretty sure I can manage to get that point across to Cryptic. If I really dig something they're doing, I'm going to let them know too.

While flipping out and dodging the men in white coats ready to drag me off to the loony bin over the Summer Event changes...I still dropped out the thank you thread for adding the confirmation on the Finish Now stuff.

I'm quite capable of offering my /facepalms and attaboys without needing a representative to do it for me...outside of the representative we have with Trendy or the devs/other employees that do read through the forums. Even Trevor if you could catch him could pass feedback along. And it's basically no different than what we had with Brandon.

We have representation already - without it being unnecessarily filtered by those that might have their own agendas. I'm thankful for that.
    edited May 2015
    gulberat wrote: »
    A player board is a neat idea. Granted I've only been here since F2P, but a truly representative board would have players at all levels, IMO.

this is what I am trying to suggest
    edited May 2015
    Aha, a reply without the tiny orange. Okay, let's quote and remove - read and see...

That's a curious concept there, but it's somewhat...well, flawed.

The way it reads, suggests two things that are commonly wrong with politics in many areas...

Grandfathered in folks.
    Bought their way in folks.

Neither of them qualify somebody to be on a board to represent the community. Represent cliques within the community? Sure...no doubt, but not as a representative for the community as a whole.

There are all sorts of opinions...the community is extremely diverse...saying that Cryptic should only listen to a small group of the community would mean Cryptic is not listening to the community, no?

And in the end, if it was even close to representing the community in the slightest - it would be a case of just as much bickering taking place there.

If I really get a thorn in the TRIBBLE about something, I'm pretty sure I can manage to get that point across to Cryptic. If I really dig something they're doing, I'm going to let them know too.

While flipping out and dodging the men in white coats ready to drag me off to the loony bin over the Summer Event changes...I still dropped out the thank you thread for adding the confirmation on the Finish Now stuff.

I'm quite capable of offering my /facepalms and attaboys without needing a representative to do it for me...outside of the representative we have with Trendy or the devs/other employees that do read through the forums. Even Trevor if you could catch him could pass feedback along. And it's basically no different than what we had with Brandon.

We have representation already - without it being unnecessarily filtered by those that might have their own agendas. I'm thankful for that.

The flaw in this would be .. that more people like yourself do just what you did and offer up constructive input.. that can be built apon.. thatnk you for writing..
    edited May 2015
    gulberat wrote: »

Agreed not only the older guys but the new players as well would have to be included.. also a rotation of people would be nice to see so things don't get clicky... Thank you for your input
  • gl2814egl2814e Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    edited May 2015

No, it'll be replaced with a new position for which your current position can be converted to...
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I am strongly opposed to any "player council" or "board of representatives" or whatever else you want to call it. Why? First, because no one speaks for anyone else. Just because we both play the same game does not mean we agree on what we want, so no one "represents" me but myself, and the same is true of each player.

Second, one person's views should not be more important or more listened to than another's. If someone wants to voice their opinion or feedback, they can post on the forums like everybody else. But one person should not have some exclusive line of communication to get their favorite ideas heard.

Lastly, Trendy already does a great job of communicating between the devs and the playerbase, and the devs of this game are already a lot more vocal, both in forum posts and podcast interviews, than most other games. So for all of these reasons, NO.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    edited May 2015
    There's always someone out there who thinks they can do a better job than you... until they actually have to do it. :D

I did word it wrong, I said I am soryy and re worded it. This post is NOT trying to say someone can do a better job ..it is trying to get everyone together in a constructive way ..I do belive Trendy is doing a good Job BTW..
  • chalpenchalpen Member Posts: 2,207 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I like the idea of having a community with swinging members
    Should I start posting again after all this time?
    edited May 2015
    *reads thread title*

*sees way OP is written*

/sigh

Sorry, but no thanks. Honestly, Trendy does a great job of communicating between the devs and the playerbase, and the devs of this game are already a lot more vocal, both in forum posts and podcast interviews, than most other games.

she Totaly does..but I am trying to see if we can make things better..the forms are full of mud fights and trolls if issues and be constructivly brought up it might make the game play better..
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    chalpen wrote: »
    I like the idea of having a community with swinging members

"swinging members"? Can it be held at Club 47?
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
    edited May 2015

I put an Idea out there; I have said I'm sorry and admitted to wording things wrong; I have re wrote it and changed the color ..

I would like to get your input on the idea .. you I have no issues with and do like that you keep us informed of changes..

I'm just suggesting a community bord..troll free were things can be talked about or issues brought up with out all the extra stuff that sometimes hides the meaning of a tread..
  • cptjhuntercptjhunter Member Posts: 2,288 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    I just pictured "Lord of the Flies" on steroids, and crack.:P